Akai MPD-32 remote script (with red box)

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Dj Super Slice

Re: Akai MPD-32 remote script (with red box)

Post by Dj Super Slice » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Thank you Sir...as you can tell i'm new to this lol.
I will now follow the instructions correctly.

Thanks again.

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:42 pm

your gem seppe and thanks for all your hard work!

it may be cool if pad and control bank A controlled the first 4 tracks and control and pad bank B controlled the next 4

sarahsusiepak

Post by sarahsusiepak » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:12 pm

My MPD 32 just arrived, so I'll be testing this out asap! Is this what artists like Flylo and Nosaj Thing use, I wonder? I've seen Tokimonsta use an APC20 along with an Akai mpd...or I wonder if they just midimap clips to certain pads and work with those?

And in a previous post, I saw that Seppe wrote that he wanted to map DJ effects on the other pad banks - is that true of the latest version of the remote script?

Best of luck! Thanks again for the amazing script!

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:29 pm

sarahsusiepak wrote:My MPD 32 just arrived, so I'll be testing this out asap! Is this what artists like Flylo and Nosaj Thing use, I wonder? I've seen Tokimonsta use an APC20 along with an Akai mpd...or I wonder if they just midimap clips to certain pads and work with those?

And in a previous post, I saw that Seppe wrote that he wanted to map DJ effects on the other pad banks - is that true of the latest version of the remote script?

Best of luck! Thanks again for the amazing script!
I don't know what the artists mentioned use. Anyway, the script is just to make it easy to navigate around session view. I guess you can do what e.g. Nosaj Thing does without the script (if you have the skills of course...)

As for the DJ effects: at the moment, I don't see why this should be implemented in the script. Just use the other banks to assign parameters to whatever you like (racks, sends, clips...).

Seppe

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:56 pm

bosonHavoc wrote:your gem seppe and thanks for all your hard work!

it may be cool if pad and control bank A controlled the first 4 tracks and control and pad bank B controlled the next 4

Thanks for the comments. Your suggestion could be done, but I'm not sure if it would be that handy to constantly switch between bank A and B.

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:57 pm

I've edited the first message so you don't need to go through the whole thread to find all information. Everything you need should be in that first message.

Seppe

New-B

Post by New-B » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:04 am

When I am moving the "Red Box" it continues moving real quickly until i turn off the button.

Example:
I press S8 to enable the moving function
then
I press S4 (it lights up orange)to move the box down, but it continues moving until I press S4 again (the light goes off)

Is this normal? It makes it hard to move on the fly...

Could I possibly map the up and down movement to a knob instead?

Other than that, everything functions perfectly

Thanks.

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:41 am

New-B wrote:When I am moving the "Red Box" it continues moving real quickly until i turn off the button.

Example:
I press S8 to enable the moving function
then
I press S4 (it lights up orange)to move the box down, but it continues moving until I press S4 again (the light goes off)
You should set the S-buttons to momentary (use the edit function of the MPD-32).

Seppe

jorelpri

Post by jorelpri » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:23 am

hey guys stupid question , but i downloaded the script but where do i go to find "\Program Files\Ableton\Live 8.x.x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts"?!? . thanks.

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:24 am

jorelpri wrote:hey guys stupid question , but i downloaded the script but where do i go to find "\Program Files\Ableton\Live 8.x.x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts"?!? . thanks.
8O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Program_Files

jorelpri

Post by jorelpri » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:23 pm

thank you , i was able to open it up with ableton now. except im still lost :( . i see the red box thing or whatever. im really new to installing midi what do these boxes mean? now that i have this template installed i still cant midi map ? what am i doing wrong?!? please help. thanks.

jorelpri

Post by jorelpri » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:47 pm

hey i think i was able to figure this out. this forum is really helpful. alot of you guys really know ableton inside and out. much appreciated. so this template is pretty much similiar to the apc 40 if im not mistaken? i can assign stuff to my pads on this template except that im trying to chop and cut up samples but when i try hitting the pads it s not working?

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:53 pm

jorelpri wrote:thank you , i was able to open it up with ableton now. except im still lost :( . i see the red box thing or whatever. im really new to installing midi what do these boxes mean? now that i have this template installed i still cant midi map ? what am i doing wrong?!? please help. thanks.
I had a look at all the questions you posted on this forum and I really suggest taking some time to read the whole Ableton Live manual. I'm absolutely sure that it would help you a lot further.

jorelpri

Post by jorelpri » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:28 pm

okay thanks , yeah i seemed to get the script working with live with the preset i downloaded. except when i add stuff to the pads in drum rack i cant play it on the mpd 32 with the template you posted. is it really just to kind of emulate the apc 40 rather then making beats?

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:23 am

jorelpri wrote:okay thanks , yeah i seemed to get the script working with live with the preset i downloaded. except when i add stuff to the pads in drum rack i cant play it on the mpd 32 with the template you posted. is it really just to kind of emulate the apc 40 rather then making beats?
use the pads in banks B-D for "making beats"