Arturia 3 for 1. Which instruments to pick?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mholloway

Re: Arturia 3 for 1. Which instruments to pick?

Post by mholloway » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:11 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
mholloway wrote:it's true, Arturia plugs crash Live like crazy....especially the ARP 2600, can't count the number of times it shut down Live, uggghhh. The prophet crashes live unless you close the session it's in before loading a new session (otherwise, CRASH) -- and yes, I've sent the appropriate crash logs. this problem persists.....worth knowing for potential buyers.

-M
Is this on windows or mac? And is the ARP2600 the V2?

On Mac, and hmm I have version 2 of all the programs but honestly, most of my work was done with pre-version 2 plugs and I'd have to do a test to see if the same problem replicates in V2, sorry.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

Jason Cortez

Post by Jason Cortez » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 pm

is this promotion only available from this website? Its US based is it not?

Has anyone bought it and can confirm that you do get the 2 free synths?

bertzerk

Post by bertzerk » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:44 pm

i tried out a demo of the minimoog...and there are a bunch of parameters that i could not get to automate in live...i hit the configure button, and the osc ranges and types and a few other things that i would like to be able to midi map were unavailabe. that is a biiiiiig turn off to me...

does anyone know if that is a limitation for the demos, or is it a bug with live or the vst??

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:21 pm

bertzerk wrote:i tried out a demo of the minimoog...and there are a bunch of parameters that i could not get to automate in live...i hit the configure button, and the osc ranges and types and a few other things that i would like to be able to midi map were unavailabe. that is a biiiiiig turn off to me...

does anyone know if that is a limitation for the demos, or is it a bug with live or the vst??
No unfortunately that is the case with the full version. It's always been that way and I've posted so many times on the arturia forums and whined endlessly to support but given up. They won't expose those other parameters it seems. One workaround is the you can midi learn those controls and automate via midi cc.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Franz-Olof

Post by Franz-Olof » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:15 pm

mholloway wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:
mholloway wrote:it's true, Arturia plugs crash Live like crazy....especially the ARP 2600, can't count the number of times it shut down Live, uggghhh. The prophet crashes live unless you close the session it's in before loading a new session (otherwise, CRASH) -- and yes, I've sent the appropriate crash logs. this problem persists.....worth knowing for potential buyers.

-M
Is this on windows or mac? And is the ARP2600 the V2?

On Mac, and hmm I have version 2 of all the programs but honestly, most of my work was done with pre-version 2 plugs and I'd have to do a test to see if the same problem replicates in V2, sorry.

-M
Yes, i'm on a mac too and crashed with analog laboratory demo twice in an hour... minimoog demo has not crashed at all...

I love the sounds but if it will be crashing this much then i don't know

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm

aphasia wrote:Maybe it's me being really dense but is that site offering that you pay $199.00 and get to try the 8 instruments for 15 days and then pick three of them to keep?

Because if so that's a ridiculously good deal.
Yes, this is correct. You pay $199 (which is less than even 1 of the instruments from Arturia)and you get 3 licenses.

I have received 2, now just waiting to get 3rd serial number from Arturia.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:11 pm

I've got the prophet and jupiter and they don't really crash at all. I also used to have the minimoog V2 and it was stable. Had the ARP2600 V1 a while ago and wasn't bad. Is the ARP V2 that bad?

I'm tempted by this deal because I do miss both the ARP and minimoog sometimes. But Arturia synth have such a similar sound quality that I don't want many of them. The thing is they all have different architectures so it's hard to decide with ones to own. I really wish they had a software version of the origin. That would make it easy.
Professional Shark Jumper.

aphasia

Post by aphasia » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Even if the plugs crash Live is there any reason against downloading, for example, Renoise and rewiring that in as a plugin host?

epiphanius

Post by epiphanius » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:03 pm

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the Moog Modular - that would be my first pick, and my reason for getting this deal.

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Sounds like some have "issues" with their plugs in Live.

Anyone have any problems (or success stories) using them in Maschine (beta)?

STRATEGY

Franz-Olof

Post by Franz-Olof » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:18 am

I've been demoing all of these now except ARP which does not work at all. I mean it even the installation does not succeed.

At the moment I would pick MInimoog, Jupiter and probably Moog Modular. Just makes me think if I would be better off with something more stable "vintage" stuff like Dcam...

Synthbuilder

Post by Synthbuilder » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:26 am

I like the Minimoog one. I use it on most tracks I do these days and it's pretty stable on my Win XP PC. I don't like having to use the USB dongle which you have to use if your computer doesn't have an internet connection.

Regarding the sound, the MinimoogV does have a mostly analogue sound and authentic enough. The new bits added in V2 are quite nice but the UI is a little messy. The EGs do something weird (and nothing like a real mini) when you play them fast though so I try set decay times fairly long compared to how fast I'm hitting notes.

puzl

Post by puzl » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm on a Mac, and still to this day Live is super unstable when you use Arturia plugs...not sure if PC users have the same issue. I'm not even sure it's just the ARP or Prophet... Jupiter, CS, and Moog plugs also seem to make Live get scared and shut down. I've sent about 100 crash reports in the past year on this issue because it's literally a daily thing. Would love it if we could get some sort of stability with these plugs, as they really are the best on the market for emulation of that era. They are as 'go-to' as it gets with soft synths

raw

Post by raw » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi,

My favorites are Minimoog, ARP2600 and CS80

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:00 pm

puzl wrote:I'm on a Mac, and still to this day Live is super unstable when you use Arturia plugs...not sure if PC users have the same issue. I'm not even sure it's just the ARP or Prophet... Jupiter, CS, and Moog plugs also seem to make Live get scared and shut down. I've sent about 100 crash reports in the past year on this issue because it's literally a daily thing. Would love it if we could get some sort of stability with these plugs, as they really are the best on the market for emulation of that era. They are as 'go-to' as it gets with soft synths
Please get in touch with Ableton Tech Support directly about this, at http://www.ableton.com/support/contact_ ... al_support