Cracks and pops when recording audio.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Halvor

Cracks and pops when recording audio.

Post by Halvor » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi.

I experience cracks and pops in the audio recordings. If I monitor through Live there is cracks and pops but when I set monitor to off, there is no cracks,
so the problem must have something to do with the way Live is channeling my audio.
I have tried different buffer settings but it doesnt help.
I have a brand new Imac 3,2 with 4gb Ram, Echo Audiofire 4 soundcard.
What could be wrong?

Regards.
Halvor.

Livearash

Re: Cracks and pops when recording audio.

Post by Livearash » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi Halvor,

I have the same issue. I have an Echo Audiofire 8, and a macbookpro, and I also only have problems (cracks and pops) when I use live. When I just run sound from my computer, like for instance Itunes, I don't have any cracks or pops. And I rarely have the problem when I use softsynths.

Let me know if you find a solution! I'll do the same. But I haven't found one in over 2 months now.

Halvor

Post by Halvor » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 am

Hi.

I got a reply from the nice folks at Ableton tech support. Let me know if this works for you.
I have already done this a couple of times, so maybe its an issue with Echo hardware/drivers and Live?

Please try this:
- close Live
- delete the "Preferences.cfg" , "Undo.cfg", "CrashDetection.cfg" and "Template.als" files
(if available) from
/Users/Halvor/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live 8.2.1/

Note: This will erase your Template set if you had one.

- delete the content of these folders:
/Users/Halvor/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live 8.2.1/Database/
and
/Users/Halvor/Library/Caches/Ableton/Cache/Web/

- restart Live 8.2.1

sjkuessel

Post by sjkuessel » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi I saw your post and that's exactly whats happening to me. I've been trying to record guitar through a FastTrack pro into live 7. No matter what I do with with the buffers it cracks and pops. I'm totally frustrated too. Does deleting those files fix the problem? Think it will work in Live 7?

Halvor

Post by Halvor » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 pm

yes, deleting these files solved the problem for me. I had to do it again later though, but that was weeks later.