Ableton - Traktor Issue. Cue audio from Traktor not in time.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Herbal T

Ableton - Traktor Issue. Cue audio from Traktor not in time.

Post by Herbal T » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:37 am

Issue with Traktor - Ableton setup on two Windows Laptops.

List of equipment -

2 laptops running Windows Vista - One running Ableton Live, the other running Traktor Scratch Pro)

Laptop 1 Setup
1 Edirol UA-101 Soundcard (connected to Ableton Live Laptop)
1 Novation Zero SL Mkii (midi controller for Ableton)
1 Novation Launchpad (controller for Ableton)
1 Ableton Live 8.2.1
MidiYoke
LoopBe1
NativeKontrol LPC Series (Control Surface script for Launchpad)
WACNetworkMIDI (receiving MIDI Timecode over Ethernet from Traktor)

Laptop 2 Setup
1 Traktor Scratch Pro
2 Technics 1210 Turntables
1 2 Channel DJ mixer (soon to purchase a 3-4 channel mixer)
1 M-Audio X Session (midi controller for Traktor)
1 AudioDJ4 Soundcard
WACNetworkMIDI (SendingMIDI Timecode over Ethernet from Traktor)
LoopBe1
We have everything working fine. MIDI clock getting sent over Ethernet from Traktor to Ableton with both metronomes perfectly in sync.

Audio from Traktor is being routed into 2 inputs of the Edirol UA101 and the Master out of Ableton is going to the Amp from 2 Edirol UA101 outputs.

So with this setup we get the audio output of the speakers perfectly in sync between the two setups with MIDI clock running fine.

The issue is the cueing on the mixer. The headphone cue on the mixer plays out of time with the speakers. as the latency is too severe.

Ideally we want Deck 1 & 2 of Traktor to send audio into separate tracks in Ableton, back out of Ableton with the processed audio going into two channels of the DJ mixer for EQing etc, then the output of the mixer being sent back into Ableton then out to the speakers.

I am sure this setup will make the latency issue even more intense.

Would love to hear some suggestions or links to information on how this latency issue can be resolved, or lessened.
Any ideas?

I am pretty sure if no routing of the Traktor setup into Ableton would resolve this issue and have the Audio out of Ableton going to a channel in a DJ mixer. However this would lose a lot of the potential I would like from the above setup. If worse comes to the worse I guess I can accept this, but I really want the best of everything.
Would this adjustment resolve the latency issues?