Black eyed peas, hot, or sell out.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: Black eyed peas, hot, or sell out.

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:32 am

+1
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

DEEMUSIC

Post by DEEMUSIC » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:39 am

Most people who come to this forum are artist or producers who want to appeal to the masses if we can, and make some money if we can, the Peas started out one way and had the ability to change there style to make money if that's selling out I don't think so, all companies change to stay alive and succeed and some artist look at the art as a business, no artist or producer is not affected by the times or money we either change for the times or we change for the money or the style becomes old with the masses and so do we,If someone didn't sellout we'd still be listening to Classical right now lol.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:59 am

are you f-ing kidding me? Mozart was a total sellout. most of those guys were just hired hands for the monarchy's entertainment. learn your history.

so tell me, who has sold out? :roll:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:24 am

prince kicked ass though

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:43 am

scutheotaku wrote:
starving student wrote:prince kicked ass though
Yeah, true - I don't think Prince can't not kick ass haha
he has to stand on a chair to reach though

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:48 pm

i just read this in future music re: The Beginning by Black Eyed Peas -

'A matching set of Pro Tool
doodles so interchangeable that
it's like 60 minutes of tech demos.'

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:49 pm

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:08 pm

I've just watched the black eyed peas halftime performance and come to the conclusion that hating on them any further just insn't useful, I mean they call themselves the black eyed peas for petes sake, that name alone deserves big balls status, not to mention the fact that Fergie is the single voice in music today carrying the torch for those taylor dayne style vocals. I think I'll have to retract my earlier hating comments, to be a good hater you've got to have a good reason and the peas just don't fit the bill.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:19 pm

the thread was simply asking if they were sell outs. how a guy that claims to have hip hop roots could be clueless about the Peas is strange to me. seems like a nice guy though.

given it's the web the thread took its natural course into a haterfest ultimately the sausagefest turned to the lowest common denominator objectifying the one female member of the band. you wonder why chicks don't post here?

all we need now is to link it all to Nazis and blame their awful sound on Ableton Live.

with the fuckwittery up in here you're surprised?
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Hitler liked black-eyed peas.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 pm

I wasn't objectifying the one female band member so much as I was STRUGGLING to come up with at least ONE compliment.

Nice gams. Done.

And even that was quite difficult. I felt I owed some kind of positivity to the thread. That's the best I could do. Sorry.

I do the same for NIN. When someone asks me what I think of the latest album, or live YouTube clip, or whatever...I pretty much fall back on "Well....erm....Trent Reznor is built like a brick shithouse." I make this point because I make no distinction between male or female when it comes to STRUGGLING for a compliment.

I calls em as I sees em.

:lol:

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:30 pm

nothing to apologize for, just doing your part to pull the weight. if the hate really came out the pic of her pissing herself would've been posted and quadruple quoted.

I gained respect for them through their calculated domination of douches in suits.

it was pretty amazing how poorly the sound guys did at the half time show. poor audio, mics not turning on at the right time. I watched it with my fingers over my eyes but caught that much.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:44 pm

:lol:

Yes, the mix...whoa. 8O WHOA. Tom Petty actually didn't sound bad a couple years back. Actually, a very well done performance and mix. 8O

I realized in my bluster and smarm that I never actually answered the OP's question. :x Typical of me. Brah. So.....

I don't think they've sold out. I think like many artists they went in a new direction. Adding Fergie could be seen as somewhat calculated I suppose, but I don't think for one second that they sat down and went "Right. Time to climb to the fucking TOP of the CHARTS. Let's call Fergie." lol. Are they more pop? Sure. But...

I think the first album is fucking awesome. BEP Empire is a killer track. Everything after that just isn't my cuppa tea.

Black Eyed Peas live? Fucking hate em. HATE em. From the get-go, in fact. They should never sing live. Ever. Except Fergie. She's got some pipes.

:)
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

DEEMUSIC

Post by DEEMUSIC » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:27 am

This is for the ASSHOLE that said need to learn my history. Read the whole thing before YOU respond it was a JOKE LOL when I said if someone had not sold out we would be listening to classical. Fuck Mozart and fuck you too and by the way I like classical and other styles too so if stop doing funk and jazz and do hip-hop or pop-rock would I be a sell-out hell no, oh I forgot you have to be famous to sell-out DAMN.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:31 am

DEEMUSIC wrote:This is for the ASSHOLE that said need to learn my history. Read the whole thing before YOU respond it was a JOKE LOL when I said if someone had not sold out we would be listening to classical. Fuck Mozart and fuck you too and by the way I like classical and other styles too so if stop doing funk and jazz and do hip-hop or pop-rock would I be a sell-out hell no, oh I forgot you have to be famous to sell-out DAMN.
that was me.
starving student wrote:prince kicked ass though
so fuck you.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz