How Do you record a Korg Triton into Ableton?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mhp99

How Do you record a Korg Triton into Ableton?

Post by mhp99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Hey guys,

I think this is a pretty easy one so hopefully I'll get a quick reply.

I'm just trying to record my Korg Triton into Ableton but I don't seem to have it either wired properly or I have the settings wrong within Ableton to pick it up.

I thought I could just record on a regular Audio track?

Any help would be great, thanks guys!

mhp

Cyberstar

Re: How Do you record a Korg Triton into Ableton?

Post by Cyberstar » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:12 pm

G'day make sure your audio interface is setup properly, then select which ever input your triton is connected to on said interface.

(On an audio track) click the "audio from" drop down pick that input, for midi you create a midi track and on the "midi from" drop down select the midi port that your triton is connected to repeat for the output.
3.6 GHz i7-9700K 8-Core|Win 10 64|MOTU 16a|Push 2|Live 10.1.15 Suite|Komplete12|Studio One V4|Reason 11|Zebra 2|Omnisphere 2||
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/nomar161

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 pm

If you're looking to grab the MIDI from the Triton as well as the audio, I'd recommend the External Instrument plug: a highly efficient way of recording into a MIDI track, hearing the audio as you play, then having the MIDI fed back to your Triton when recording into the clip is done, and then hearing the audio as the Triton plays.

:P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

mhp99

Post by mhp99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks guys.

Cyberstar, I would like to go the (audio track) route, but not sure what's not connected properly.

I have the L/R cords going into the 'input' of my keyboard and then the other end is connected to my mixer. Then I have another L/R cord from my mixer, going into my M Audio mobile pre.

On the audio interface, I have an (audio track) open and have it on 'Ext In' , then the regular default is '1' below it and then 'Auto'.

What am I missing??

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:06 pm

mhp99 wrote: I have the L/R cords going into the 'input' of my keyboard

Shouldn't that be OUTPUT of your keyboard?

Also, I'm not sure how you've set up your audio prefs in Live, but as you hit the keys you might want to try and open up the channel list (currently set on 1) and see if audio is coming in on another channel. If so, change to that channel.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x