Live 9.0

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Forge.

Re: Live 9.0

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:08 am

Guff Tong wrote: Cycophillip: are you Pauls brother? gets about with Cartoon Head?
HAHAHAHHA

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 am

xzusa8ky wrote:
tigali wrote:For anyone who missed it, DJ Vespers recently tweeted about how happy he was to have been asked to help out Ableton testing and co-designing new instruments for Live 9. Confirmation that it's in the works (I know it's always assumed but it's the first "official" confirmation I heard).
Sorry but when Ableton says they are working on it, its really means that they are: on holiday, touring, reading books, making rain with Henkes super controller, beta testing for years, ignoring the paying users wishes, make Live crash, selling third party plugins, throwing new features away, drinking coffe in hype berlin locations, they are out for the weekend...ect ect ect...................

DREAM ON! 8O

Can I Edit? Yes You Can!
erm...apart from the "quality assurance break" they had recently, Live 9 (and 10) is in the works when the staff at Ableton turn up to work every day.

If he's talking about co-designing instruments then I'd say that puts him on the payroll... that doesn't mean we're close to an announcement or anything like that....

As for instruments? Does seem hard to imagine what else is needed, but I guess anything at all that can go in the "Instruments" folder might not necessarily be the obvious idea of an instrument?

cycophilipp

Post by cycophilipp » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:55 am

tigali wrote:
Tweaking Knobs wrote:
cycophilipp wrote:go make music and don't waste your and our time with dreaming

go fuck yourself ?

Hahahaah

Dudes, the thread WAS started as a joke. Did you miss the first post? And you came off really patronising and sanctimonious so you kinda deserved a comment like that from Tweaking Knobs.

... did I insult anyone? don't think so... that is the bad thing about a forum - he would never said it into someone's face or he is really that primitive...

All threats like this are a waste of time. 3 pages without any sense... over and out :mrgreen:

loquat

Post by loquat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 am

Tweaking Knobs wrote: thats right , we need more features :

bezier curves , lfo's , better midi capabilities , etc...

no more instruments...
I like what Tweaking Knobs is saying here. I like the Live Instruments and FX, but more meat and potatoes improvements might make Live itself a better instrument. I think more curves, a lfo, more midi, better VST control are all very welcome and would make live a lot better.
I am also hoping for upgrades to current effects to make Live even stronger.
I would be happy if:
Auto filter sounded like and had as many options as Tone2 Bifilter2
Compressor sounded like and had as many options as McDSP 6030 Ultimate Compressor
If Phaser, Chorus, and Autopan were as amazing as their counterparts in U-he's Uhbik Suite.
The list goes on, but all of these are effects not instruments
I really like Live I just don't know where it's going. If Live wants me to upgrade they're going to have to work hard.

I also want hours and hours of free video tutorials developed by Ableton for the built in Live effects and instruments. I have been through the manual and I reference it all the time but I still want more. Educate me on Live's effects, go through each effect one by one and delve deep. Don't just tell me it emulates classic hardware SHOW me. Don't just slap this fx on top of that fx and group it into a silver bullet fx magic bullet. Show me how to get the most out of each and every effect. Show me the nuances. Live effects and instruments have a unique interface that I like but I still don't feel like I know them as well as I should. Show me everything I can do in Live and why I should stay there instead of using 3rd Party VSTs. That's what I hope Live does to get me to part with my upgrade $$$.

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:49 am

loquat wrote:Show me everything I can do in Live and why I should stay there.
I agree with most of the stuff you've said, but in regards to the tutorial videos - I'm not entirely sure that it's possible. If you want Live to show you in-depth something about a device, it seems like you're limiting your own workflow by having to conform to the thinking of the persons making the video. I think the whole point of the manual and any tutorials is to simply give you enough tools so that you can learn and develop independantly, and from there it is up to the individual to develop a workflow however they see fit.

It's like if I get flown to a small island somewhere, I don't want someone to walk with me over every inch of it - I just want someone to teach me some stuff about hiking, climbing and camping and then I'll go off and explore on my own. :)
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

cycophilipp

Post by cycophilipp » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:48 pm

loquat wrote: I like what Tweaking Knobs is saying here. I like the Live Instruments and FX, but more meat and potatoes improvements might make Live itself a better instrument. I think more curves, a lfo, more midi, better VST control are all very welcome and would make live a lot better.
I am also hoping for upgrades to current effects to make Live even stronger.
I would be happy if:
Auto filter sounded like and had as many options as Tone2 Bifilter2
Compressor sounded like and had as many options as McDSP 6030 Ultimate Compressor
If Phaser, Chorus, and Autopan were as amazing as their counterparts in U-he's Uhbik Suite.

forget about all additional curves and stuff but better get rid of these basic bugs like the MIDI timing or the sustain pedal issue or the problem with the Virus Ti (that loads of users have).

That would be helpful... the other stuff, go and buy your favorite plugin... I'd rather have a working suspension on my car than a broken one but the most beautiful color...

Cezband wrote:
loquat wrote:Show me everything I can do in Live and why I should stay there.
I agree with most of the stuff you've said, but in regards to the tutorial videos - I'm not entirely sure that it's possible. If you want Live to show you in-depth something about a device, it seems like you're limiting your own workflow by having to conform to the thinking of the persons making the video. I think the whole point of the manual and any tutorials is to simply give you enough tools so that you can learn and develop independantly, and from there it is up to the individual to develop a workflow however they see fit.

It's like if I get flown to a small island somewhere, I don't want someone to walk with me over every inch of it - I just want someone to teach me some stuff about hiking, climbing and camping and then I'll go off and explore on my own. :)
1+

Ableton does not limit one except in some points, but it is on you how you handle it. I'd say no one hopefully uses Live without a controller and there is a bunch of controllers on the market at present, so everyone should find his favourite solution... don't imitate others, define your way of using Live by using it... no matter if it is Live 7, Live 8 or Live "dream" 9

gosinisha

Post by gosinisha » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:52 pm

guys, this is "Music and Audio Production" forum, anything else do in the toilet or in "the longe" forum. anything else is offtopic, dig? and flush the water after - cultural manner, so it don`t stink for others in "the lounge".
thinkpadT520/win7.64/studioONE2/firefaceUC/akaiMPKmini/VSTinstruments/sampleCDs

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:07 pm

gosinisha wrote:guys, this is "Music and Audio Production" forum, anything else do in the toilet or in "the longe" forum. anything else is offtopic, dig? and flush the water after - cultural manner, so it don`t stink for others in "the lounge".
How did you manage to use internet in china man ?

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:18 pm

gosinisha wrote:guys, this is "Music and Audio Production" forum, anything else do in the toilet or in "the longe" forum. anything else is offtopic, dig? and flush the water after - cultural manner, so it don`t stink for others in "the lounge".
Your colourful response was beautifully ironic and at the same time fantastic Lounge material.

*flushes*

tigali

Post by tigali » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:59 pm

abletontrainer.com wrote: If he's talking about co-designing instruments then I'd say that puts him on the payroll... that doesn't mean we're close to an announcement or anything like that....
Don't shoot the messenger dude, I just relayed the tweet. Confirmation that the "quality assurance break" is over.

tigali

Post by tigali » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:59 pm

scutheotaku wrote:I think that they should place mandatory compression and bit reduction on ever project. That way I can make phat beatz.
+1

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

tigali wrote:
abletontrainer.com wrote: If he's talking about co-designing instruments then I'd say that puts him on the payroll... that doesn't mean we're close to an announcement or anything like that....
Don't shoot the messenger dude, I just relayed the tweet. Confirmation that the "quality assurance break" is over.

So for you guys who've been around for a while does this mean that they stop doing updates of live 8 and just focus on 9?
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 pm

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ableton for letting me design Live 9.

It was meant to be a secret, something about an N.D.A. , but I felt that I should probably tell the world regardless of the legal implications.
I'm sure you are all keen to know what I have planned for L9, and I can't wait to share it with everyone on my mailing list. Sign up now.

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:27 pm

HeadrickProductions wrote:
tigali wrote:

So for you guys who've been around for a while does this mean that they stop doing updates of live 8 and just focus on 9?
Generally it means they'll just tighten up what they've got with updates, and anything new like PDC, 64bit, anything like m4l or plugins like amp will be for L9. No new features for L8. It it didn't work or do it in L7 or previous versions then it's not gonna in this version either if it's not already implemented.

You never know, we could always be pleasantly surprised though!

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:40 am

tigali wrote:
wasn't shooting, just commenting.... no flames attached! ;-)
Piplodocus wrote:
HeadrickProductions wrote:So for you guys who've been around for a while does this mean that they stop doing updates of live 8 and just focus on 9?
Generally it means they'll just tighten up what they've got with updates, and anything new like PDC, 64bit, anything like m4l or plugins like amp will be for L9. No new features for L8. It it didn't work or do it in L7 or previous versions then it's not gonna in this version either if it's not already implemented.

You never know, we could always be pleasantly surprised though!

of course they will want Live 8 to be as stable as universally as possible, that's what the quality drive was about. I daresay they are at a point where they are getting far less bug reports and complaints and that's why they resumed development on future versions.

Thing to understand is these things get planned a loooooong way in advance and the specs team are probably talking about Live 10 as much as Live 9.... it doesn't always end up as originally planned because some things end up being quicker to develop than expected, so something flagged for L10 might end up in L9, and vice versa, but working on Live 9 doesn't mean Live 8 doesn't get fixed. But of course, bugs get fixed as they are found and reported... this is ongoing as well as development....

anyway it's funny that this has turned into another speculation thread, I think the last one only left the front page a day or two ago! :lol:

Maybe that's a good sign.... 8)
Angstrom wrote:I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ableton for letting me design Live 9.

It was meant to be a secret, something about an N.D.A. , but I felt that I should probably tell the world regardless of the legal implications.
I'm sure you are all keen to know what I have planned for L9, and I can't wait to share it with everyone on my mailing list. Sign up now.
:D