license renewal... really?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rpc9943

license renewal... really?

Post by rpc9943 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:40 pm

This kind of sucks. So my computer was full of bsod's after a win7 update... so i had to restore the entire computer. only to find that my ableton live authentication ran out... I had been having tons of computer issues lately, and had to reinstall fresh due to issues! So now I have to wait, and have waited, all day for an OK to reauthorize it. I just don't get it. I am legit yet I have to wait for a person to give me an OK to authorize my software I spent my own money on.

Sigh

RonC
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

Ableton_David

Re: license renewal... really?

Post by Ableton_David » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi Ron, sorry to hear about the wait - we'll be on this ASAP when we're all back in the office on Monday.

Gaetano CAPUANO

Post by Gaetano CAPUANO » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:52 pm

I feel your pain Ron, maybe look on the bright side, at least you dont have to use it for a gig tonight right? :?:
http://www.customguitarloops.com
Need Guitar or Bass tracks for your project? Message me and lets work that out

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:00 am

Dont your hear? You have to wait until Ableton comes back from their parties, tours and hollidays!? What a joke! But i seems that they are now so rich that even the users dont count for the fine company in Berlin........Gosh!
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:41 am

it's cool, I just find it kind of silly.. Especially since I had 2 computers die and had to go through 2 reinstallations of windows 7, and its been months since I've been able to write music, which I had been doing previously for the past few years every day. I'm just venting I suppose, not angry at ableton- if that's how they run the business, I am submissive to them. At least I own live, and not a lame software pirate. People have to have their down time. I just think maybe we need a few more chances at authorization renewal. That's all I'd suggest. I'll wait, and I'm glad I had a response. I'll just reinstall the tons of vst/vsti's that I own in the meantime. What would be cool- if the guys can post on the forum, why can't they have direct access to something like this so that if they happened to check in on it, they could access my user file from where ever they are?

shrug.

Thank you for responding, David!

RonC
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:48 am

xzusa8ky wrote:Dont your hear? You have to wait until Ableton comes back from their parties, tours and hollidays!? What a joke! But i seems that they are now so rich that even the users dont count for the fine company in Berlin........Gosh!
yeah, of course. that's what they do. they don't go home to their families at weekends and live their lives... :roll:

seriously though, can't they employ a couple of authorisation gimps to man the offices on weekends?

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:45 pm

i've run out of authorizations twice already. some people tends to reinstall their systems/muck about with their computers. i am in the process of doing that again actually, since i need to repartition the disc and whatnots but i'm scared because perhaps i won't have enough authorizations.

it's ridiculous that you as a paying customer have to ask for permission to authorize software, especially software at this pricerange. i paid for it, i should have the oppurtunity to reinstall my operating system whenever i want and still be able to reauthorize the software that i paid for. i understand the whole idea of locking it down to two computers, one studio and one on the road, but seriously, some people do not setup a system then just let it sit there forever. i have installed and changed operating system, repartitioned and mucked about with my computer during this year alone more then 6 times.

why? none of your business why, but i still paid for the software and expect to be able to use it no matter what i decide to do with my computer.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:33 pm

rpc9943 wrote: I am submissive to them.
I hear submissives are quite popular in berlin ;)
Nothing to see here - move along!

Migra

Post by Migra » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:22 am

Why don't you just use the offline method and backup the .auz file onto a cd?... You can format your harddrive and reauthorize Live again a thousand times without having to contact Ableton, this way you just reinstall Live -> double click the .auz -> done! :wink:
| MacBook Pro 13" OS X 10.7.1 C2D@2.26 4GB.RAM 500GB.HDD@5400RPM | | Reason 6.5 | Logic Studio 9.1.7 | Cubase Artist 6.5.2 | Traktor Pro 2 | Nexus2 |

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:05 am

macmurphy wrote: seriously though, can't they employ a couple of authorisation gimps to man the offices on weekends?
I was told some time ago that there is always someone around to handle authorisations.... if not there should be, considering most people would gig on the weekend.....