NZ Earthquake

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Lucid

NZ Earthquake

Post by Lucid » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Sad news.. :(

polymer

Re: NZ Earthquake

Post by polymer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:19 pm

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:00 pm

best wishes to everyone effected by the disaster...

i believe our own Tom Cosm hails from Christchurch

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:17 pm

and Paddy!

Everything okay, Pitch??? Hope you and family and friends are well. :|
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

polymer

Post by polymer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:02 am

Tom said on facebook that he's ok , he is without a place now as its been red taped and unsuitable for living so thats not too good.

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:48 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:and Paddy!

Everything okay, Pitch??? Hope you and family and friends are well. :|
Unless paddy was down there for what ever reasons he should also be fine, he lives up the road and out west from me here in Auckland.
We are at the other end of the country so no wobbles here.

This time round has had quite an effect on us all though.
For me personally seeing the cathedral in ruins was quite profound.
I am in no way a religious person, but the cathedral is an iconic NZ land mark, and so seeing it how it is now
has brought home to me the size of this event.

NZ has a very small population and so there are very few degrees of separation between any of us.
I have a friend still waiting on news about his daughter. My heart goes out to him.
I also have a friend who's family have lost a home that has seen
four generations of them live in it.

New Zealanders are a pretty resilient bunch over all, but i feel this earth quake is gonna have a pretty profound effect on all of us as time goes on.
Right now things still seem a little confused as far as the news reporting goes, lots of speculation and not a lot of facts.

I don't usually solicit financial help, but if any one does feel like they want to give money there are a couple of places set up on line to help facilitate that kind of response.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:09 am

Fine here. A friend of mine got thrown through a window and has 23 stitches. Her house is, in her words, "fucked". :(

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 am

been a damn weird couple of months down under.... At least in Oz we can blame La Nina for the floods and millions of cyclones that seem to have hit us this season (we've had a couple on the east coast, but over in WA they've had about 5 or 6... mostly in sparsely populated areas so you don't hear about it, but there seems to be one there every other week...there's one there right now!)

but earthquakes aren't a part of La Nina as far as I'm aware so it's just WTF?

I guess all this shit always happened, but when there are 6 billion people on the Earth a lot more people are going to be affected.....

Earthquakes freak me.... I just can't imagine the whole ground moving up and down like that and having no where to go.... I think I'd almost prefer to sit through a cyclone.... there is a kind of strange buzz about the raw power of storms and you at least know the kind of precautions to take and places you can take shelter, but earthquakes, you could be in the middle of a field or empty car park and the whole ground could give way beneath you...... there is literally no guarantee anywhere, just luck of the draw

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Pitch Black wrote:Fine here. A friend of mine got thrown through a window and has 23 stitches. Her house is, in her words, "fucked". :(

Good to hear Pitch. Man, sorry about your friend. 8O
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:57 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Pitch Black wrote:Fine here. A friend of mine got thrown through a window and has 23 stitches. Her house is, in her words, "fucked". :(

Good to hear Pitch. Man, sorry about your friend. 8O
I'll second that: glad to hear you're OK, & sorry for your friends & their families.

My home town had a 6.9 earthquake back in '89. :(

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:46 am

The wife and I bought plane tickets to Christchurch the day before the quake! We were going to stay at our friends B&B which she's owned for the past 3 years... It's destroyed and they aren't rebuilding :(