THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
stevenclements

Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Post by stevenclements » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:58 am

Sysex

Better handling of external Synths

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:26 am

stevenclements wrote:Sysex

Better handling of external Synths
too bloody right.

triple1

Post by triple1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:00 am

Not sure if anyone said yet, but I would like to see multiple Arrange pages for each Session. Would make it even easier to try different arrangements, or record various live takes.

Also, a much better External MIDI clock, and tighter MIDI.

T

IP

Post by IP » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:18 am

excellent! no mail notifications for this topic and now i have 3 pages to short out;p

anyway

pre-add marker
Tenneti wrote:Ability to vote for these features as listed in this wishlist. There are some amazing requests that we would want to see in Live 9. Is there a way in which we can vote and ask for them? Thanks.
Philippe_Michael wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned, but a better way to make feature requests! Just like http://feedback.unity3d.com/forums/15792-unity. Basically you get a fixed number of votes, and people can vote up the features they want. It works great for unity, an app that resembles Ableton in development workflow and philosophy.
Der_Makrophag wrote:Yes, this looks really cool.
Maybe someone should look over this thread, get all the requests together and make a poll ou tof it?! Than hand the results over to Ableton.. maybe they'll recognize then.
Was thinking for something related from the start but didnt know any easy way to do it (and my English are not so good to handle/re-write all these in a better way).

Ill add the 3 last pages in the list and then if there are volunteers we could all together build a database on the internet with registration close to forum members (to avoid double voting and trolling)

Then we could categorize everything much better, put it online and give an option to the members to vote for a top 3 in each category. (just to have a wider request base)

now there are about 560 (say 700 until we do it) requests and 25 categories (5 of them big).
If we give 3 votes for each small category and 5 for big = 85 ... so we gonna have a top 85 out of 700.

now... who is gonna build that system? ;p
anyway, looking forward ... ill check your links also

golemus2

Post by golemus2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:44 pm

It would be nice to see the amount of memory process takes in the user interface... e.g. beside used CPU amount. At least now with the unstable Live this would be valuable feature, now I have to every now and then go to check to task manager that Live8.2.1.exe does not consume near 1400MB of RAM.

sach160

Post by sach160 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but a better way to make feature requests! Just like http://feedback.unity3d.com/forums/15792-unity. Basically you get a fixed number of votes, and people can vote up the features they want. It works great for unity, an app that resembles Ableton in development workflow and philosophy.
+1 for this. I can't see how a long random list of requests from users who happen to come across the page is an effective or fair way of finding out what new features users want the most.

But for what it's worth - 64! 64!! god please 64!!!

dnbhallifax

Post by dnbhallifax » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Assignable hot keys (already!!!)

PROPER audio-fades and cross-fades, the automation like fades are a huge P.I.A.

Floating MIDI windows - editing MIDI can be a workflow killer in live, trying to navigate around the small window and/or stretching your MIDI window to edit further up or down the MIDI lane is a major workflow killer. I use Logic as my go to arranger now because the workflow of arranging midi in Live becomes counter-intuitive once you get used to key commanding a window open that is the size you neeed to arrange.

MUTE NOTES in the Midi window Muting notes in Logic's arranger is much handier and far less destructive! than having to delete notes. There have been many occasions where after a few tweaks I decided to revert back to my previous arrangement by un-muting the notes I muted.

"Export Regions / Clips" - standard fare in ever other app. I work for a sample company creating loop packs. I have stopped using Live to create the loops because it's much easier to create them in Logic with te export regions feature. - I'm sure there are many ive users that would like to batch export some drums or loops they've made to either re-use or rex for future use.

MOVE sampler key zones key into the effect area - instead of opening a tab above the instrument The fact that when i want to edit the key zones in a sampler instrument it creates a 'window' above the sampler - therefore greatly shrinking the time arrangement view drives me nuts! It would make much more sense to have the key zones show up to the right of the sampler, in the effects area.

Zoom in/out of the effects window - in order to see all plugins at once. editing a track with a bunch of plugins, or utilizing lots of intsruments/effects with sub menus that slide open (like sidechain) can become really awkward once you have a lot of plugins in one track. The small window's handy but it seems like it would make more sense to just be able to zoom in/out and see all effects. Once again Logic wins out for me by the ability to see all my inserts at once...

William

Post by William » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:21 am

dnbhallifax wrote:Assignable hot keys (already!!!)

PROPER audio-fades and cross-fades, the automation like fades are a huge P.I.A.

Floating MIDI windows - editing MIDI can be a workflow killer in live, trying to navigate around the small window and/or stretching your MIDI window to edit further up or down the MIDI lane is a major workflow killer. I use Logic as my go to arranger now because the workflow of arranging midi in Live becomes counter-intuitive once you get used to key commanding a window open that is the size you neeed to arrange.

MUTE NOTES in the Midi window Muting notes in Logic's arranger is much handier and far less destructive! than having to delete notes. There have been many occasions where after a few tweaks I decided to revert back to my previous arrangement by un-muting the notes I muted.

"Export Regions / Clips" - standard fare in ever other app. I work for a sample company creating loop packs. I have stopped using Live to create the loops because it's much easier to create them in Logic with te export regions feature. - I'm sure there are many ive users that would like to batch export some drums or loops they've made to either re-use or rex for future use.

MOVE sampler key zones key into the effect area - instead of opening a tab above the instrument The fact that when i want to edit the key zones in a sampler instrument it creates a 'window' above the sampler - therefore greatly shrinking the time arrangement view drives me nuts! It would make much more sense to have the key zones show up to the right of the sampler, in the effects area.

Zoom in/out of the effects window - in order to see all plugins at once. editing a track with a bunch of plugins, or utilizing lots of intsruments/effects with sub menus that slide open (like sidechain) can become really awkward once you have a lot of plugins in one track. The small window's handy but it seems like it would make more sense to just be able to zoom in/out and see all effects. Once again Logic wins out for me by the ability to see all my inserts at once...
Why don't you just use Logic then? I'm seriously considering grabbing a copy of it myself.
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

Crubier

Post by Crubier » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:20 pm

dnbhallifax wrote:...trying to navigate around the small window...
dnbhallifax wrote:...therefore greatly shrinking the time arrangement view...
dnbhallifax wrote:...become really awkward once you have a lot of plugins in one track. The small window's handy but it seems like it would make more sense...

--> Buy a greater Display on the computer which runs Live... You'll see the things differently :wink:

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:03 pm

it would be great if you can store the midi assignments for an instrument rack, or also load the assignments into another project.
this would be a great time saver for me, and for many others too (i think)!!!!
Sorry, if that was mentioned before (don`t have the time to read all)

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:08 pm

and yes indeed, optional floating windows for devices and editors would be fantastic

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:26 pm

it also would be great when i could filter out certain values when i set the range for a macro control.
for example: i map the synced lfo rate from operator to one macro and i set the range from 1/32 to 2, but i also don`t want 1/3, 1/6.
i hope my explanation is clear enough because of my english

champamoore

Post by champamoore » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:53 pm

c7n wrote:Hmm, here are a couple that have been bugging me for awhile.

1. Audio routing templates.

I have several Motu sound cards, and sometimes I just plug in a set of headphones to play with live as I don't feel like opening a flight case or heading to my studio and plugging in my computer to all of the gear. Making music is fun, some times you just sort of want to break out from the various routines we fall into, and just make a track because it's fun and we are in the mood...

Yet, all of a sudden I realize my default template requires 10 audio outs (4 stereo tracks setup via a matrix mixer so any of my tracks can go anywhere) and (1 stereo effect return)... so now I have to reroute a bunch of crap then I get to start whatever audio alchemy is about to ensue. Can't I just select a different "audio template" or something like that? I.E. If I'm at my studio, can't I just get certain busses and sends which automatically route a certain way? If I'm using my travel rig and I plugin to that can't it automatically know how I want that piped up to my mixer? If I just plugin a set of headphones to my laptops audio output can't it just let me tell it that's what I want ableton live to do and act accordingly?
+1 on this, and midi templates as well, FTW!
if you can't share it, it's not yours.
"i don't know if i'm cool or not, but i'm for real." john lee hooker

live 8 suite
XP32 pro/core2duo T6500/4GB/
ni maschine mk1(1.8.2)/edirol pcr-1

Fanu

Post by Fanu » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Crubier wrote:--> Buy a greater Display on the computer which runs Live... You'll see the things differently :wink:
I recently switched from 13" Macbook to 17" Macbook Pro.
Best investment ever, Live-wise.

champamoore

Post by champamoore » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:18 pm

stoersignal wrote:it would be great if you can store the midi assignments for an instrument rack, or also load the assignments into another project.
this would be a great time saver for me, and for many others too (i think)!!!!
Sorry, if that was mentioned before (don`t have the time to read all)
+1, brilliant!
if you can't share it, it's not yours.
"i don't know if i'm cool or not, but i'm for real." john lee hooker

live 8 suite
XP32 pro/core2duo T6500/4GB/
ni maschine mk1(1.8.2)/edirol pcr-1