How I Love Live! Let me count the ways!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
neuronaut

How I Love Live! Let me count the ways!

Post by neuronaut » Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:16 am

#1: I love the way I can time stretch my recordings to make every beat line up without having to program it first! It makes every take a perfect take!

#2: I love the Ableton crew! Without them, I'd be spending my time clicking and dragging instead of composing and jamming! Only a bunch of wise and dedicated musicians could program something this cool!

The world is sound.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:19 pm

a good night then, was it eh neuronaut????? :wink:

neuronaut

to be continued...

Post by neuronaut » Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:a good night then, was it eh neuronaut????? :wink:
Yeah I did have a good night - but then again, with Live I always do! My music is suddenly starting to gel/mature at an alarming rate! It must be Live's super short path from concept to arranging. Literally - What took me 3 hours to do in Cubase, I did in 1 pass and 15 seconds in Live!

#3: I love the matrix of loops concept!
By making it easy for me to duplicate a group, drop in new sounds, reorganize, adjust volumes and other parameters, I'm able to create 100s of variations of my sounds without missing a beat! The best part is the intuitive nature of the matrix. Cubase/Logic/Nuendo/Pro Tools/etc. could never be this nice. 8)

I just thought it was time Ableton knew how much I love them. :P

-=neuronaut

to be continued...
The world is sound.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:51 pm

I love'em too, uh oh its getting all mushy in here, wouldn't it be funny if they got the idea from microsofts excel program, then we'd have to love bill gates too :D

yon

Post by yon » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:I love'em too, uh oh its getting all mushy in here, wouldn't it be funny if they got the idea from microsofts excel program, then we'd have to love bill gates too :D
rest easy. the first spreadsheet was VisiCalc (which later became lotus 1-2-3) circa 1979:

http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa010199.htm

thx for the mush. we like mush.

yon / ableton

ZeroAltitude

Post by ZeroAltitude » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:13 am

Yes! Dan Bricklin wrote that! He's my boss :)

neuronaut

reason

Post by neuronaut » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:30 am

#4: Integration with Reason and Rewire
I love Live's integration with Reason! Whenever I need to break out of the canned-loops mode of thinking, I just load Reason up, route it through a channel and go to town with Reason's step sequencers, tone generators and 24 bit sampler! Then when I'm happy with everything, I can bring them into Live and do so much more! It's like musical putty!
The world is sound.