Slim Phatty VST Editor

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
enomusic

Slim Phatty VST Editor

Post by enomusic » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am

Hello All, I'm pretty upset... just spent $69.00 USD on a VST Little Phatty Editor which is supposed to work with the Slim Phatty as well, e-mailed Moog and they said that the editor does not work with Ableton Live, then I e-mailed Rekon Audio (Maker of the VST Plug-in for Moog Music) and they sent me a screenshot of an Ableton Live set up for a different Syhtn editor other than the Little Phatty or Slim Phatty so Rekonaudio's support regarding the midi set up inside Live for their VST Editor has been pretty much useless so far :x I guess I will continue to bother them until they give me exact details as to how to set up this damn editor.. If anyone has figured it out PLEASE, PLEASE take a nice and clear screenshot of the three MIDI channels needed as per Rekonaudio and post it to this thread.. I'm sure a lot of users would really appreciate it. I'm so disappointed with both Moog Music and Rekonaudio for not having some sort of set up manual for this Little Phatty VST Plug-in for Ableton Live.. Are they freaking retarded or something? All I read all over the web is hundreds of users having this same exact problem saying things like: "Little Phatty VST Plug-In is a complete waste of money" and so on... Common' Rekonaudio... if you're going to do something do it right or just don't do it at all..

acatcalledanarchy

Re: Slim Phatty VST Editor

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:13 am

Hi Enomusic

Hmmm, yep same thing happened to me. It simply doesn't work and they know this and continue to sell it.

Maybe if enough of us kick off about it, then they will either a) reimburse us, or b) fix it.

Here are some posts on Moog Forum which may be helpful:

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=10691
http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9493
http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=10774

Laters...
Once is curiousity, twice is fun, three times is an addiction...

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:21 am

Yep They are uncool like that :(
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

controlvoltage

Post by controlvoltage » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 pm

"They" in this case are ReKon, who have been extremely uncool about failing to fix a critical bug in the Windows version of the VST Little Phatty editor for >6 months now. This has kept us from releasing an update which works well in Live.

If any of you are using a Mac, email me at amos at moogmusic dot com for a new unreleased version of the VST Editor which works rather well in Live.

I'm sincerely sorry for the trouble.

-Amos
Rapist | Serial mostly

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi Amos

Most appreciated, thank you for taking the time to get back to us. Just to clarify the 'they' I was referring to above was Rekon Audio, not Moog.

Peace, love and flowers,

enomusic

Post by enomusic » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Thank you Amos, it's nice to know there are some people that still care.

Thanks again :D

enomusic

Post by enomusic » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Well gentlemen, I must say that Amos from Moog Music is a very committed and helpful individual... he has taken the time and sent me the updated (unreleased) MAC version of the VST/AU Little/Slim Phatty Editor which it isn't 100% functional as of yet but I thing we're almost there. So far I've gotten all the parameters on the VST/AU Editor to sync with my Slim Phatty and I have actually been able to automate all the parameters via VST/AU, however the only issue right now (BIG ONE though :( ) is that the automation on the VST/AU Editor parameters is not affecting the sound of the Slim Phatty which I'm assuming has to do with the AUDIO/MIDI set up somewhere along the line.. I'm pretty confident that with Amos' help we will be getting this to work 100% on the MAC platform.

:!: TIP: The best way to set up the VST/AU Little/Slim Phatty in Ableton Live is to create a MIDI channel, then create an INSTRUMENT RACK, then throw in both the EXTERNAL INSTRUMENT TOOL and the VST/AU Little/Slim Phatty EDITOR inside the INSTRUMENT RACK you just created... to get the parameters you need to show up on the on the VST/AU Plug-in signal chain (at the bottom of your screen), click on the "Configure" button and just click and wiggle on the VST/AU Plug-in window the parameters you want/need, these will then be configured and will show up as a fader on your VST/AU Plug-in signal chain (at the bottom of your screen) and be ready to be automated on your arrange view window.

If you have any questions so far, do not hesitate to ask.. I'll be glad to help :mrgreen:

I'll keep you all updated on the progress...

enomusic

Post by enomusic » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:23 pm

At last, with Amos' (Moog Music) help and other guys from the Moog forum I was finally able to get this AU Plug in to be fully functional inside Ableton Live, best of all? ALL PARAMETERS ARE 100% AUTOMATABLE!!!!! :!: MAC ONLY VERSION!! At least or now... seems that the PC version still has MAJOR issues.

For those of you running MAC OSX and still having issues.. I'll be glad to help you! This thing really works well...

enomusic

Post by enomusic » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Mr. Amos,

Still waiting for that .fxb Slim Phatty factory preset file. Please do not forget.

Thanks.

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Patience my friend, patience... :mrgreen:

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:27 am

controlvoltage wrote:"They" in this case are ReKon,
Yeah.
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

enomusic

Post by enomusic » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Great!! Thanks guys,

keppy

Post by keppy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Hey there, fellas

I am thinking about the slim phatty, but i need to know that the vst really works.

So, did these issues get solved in ableton? I am on a mac.

Also, I wanted to know if any of you have tried this : http://code.google.com/p/ctrlr/download ... p&can=2&q=

Does it work? and what is the difference between this and the ReKon vst? Would love to know if it worked in Maschine 1.6, hopefully some yall use that too.

Any help clarifying would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

marcoskohler

Post by marcoskohler » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm

I've seen a few posts where people said they resolved their issues, but no one is actually explaining how :\

1) I have my VST editor on a midi track
2) I have another midi track accepting midi from the VST editor and outputting to the LP

If I turn knobs on my LP the editor reflects their change...if I turn knobs on the editor, the LP does not react at all.