Liine iPad Ableton controllers: Griid In-App purchases

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hedroom

Re: Liine's iPad/iPhone Ableton controllers-new app: Kapture Pad

Post by Hedroom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:11 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:So with the ipad version, you don't need a track with clips specifically for recalling the snapshots then do you? In the video they seemed to be making them on the fly. Unless that's actually creating the clip on the fly?
No, you can trigger a Snapshot remotely from your iOS device simply by tapping the name of the snapshot.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:52 am

Android version anytime soon ?

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:40 pm

OK this is cool. I'm starting to feel better about my purchase. Hey Hedroom, can you point me to an intuitive instructions to install TouchOsc?
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:54 pm

NICKBUGAYEV wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:If we can get global morphing of all tracks/devices? Oh my. Oh, oh my.
This is high-up on the wishlist! :-)
But wait. Snapshots are global. Hw is morphing not? How does lit decide what device or track to morph? Can you change focus to different devices?
Professional Shark Jumper.

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:22 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
NICKBUGAYEV wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:If we can get global morphing of all tracks/devices? Oh my. Oh, oh my.
This is high-up on the wishlist! :-)
But wait. Snapshots are global. Hw is morphing not? How does lit decide what device or track to morph? Can you change focus to different devices?
There are two types of snapshots: Global Snapshots and Track Snapshots. Morphing is possible on Track Snapshots.

Hedroom

Post by Hedroom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:45 pm

Anubis wrote:OK this is cool. I'm starting to feel better about my purchase. Hey Hedroom, can you point me to an intuitive instructions to install TouchOsc?
Anubis -

I'm guessing you mean instructions for downloading LiveControl? You can find them here: http://liine.net/livecontrol/livecontrol/

3dot... - We'd love to do an android version, though keeping up to speed with the iPhone/iPad versions is keeping us pretty busy at the moment! Can't really give any comments as to "when" but we're definitely keeping a keen eye on the whole Android area.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Is there a way to install without Bonjour print services on Win 7?
I'm getting this error message when trying to run LiveControl.exe "the program can't start because dnssd.dll is missing from your computer".
I also got the prompt while extracting the LiveControl_win.zip file that says "a problem is preventing this folder from being encrypted. Do you want to copy this folder without encryption?"
What am I doing wrong? :oops:
Last edited by Anubis on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Anubis wrote:Is there a way to install without Bonjour print services on Win 7?
Yes indeed. Use 'Manual Connect' with the ip of the computer running Ableton Live.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Anubis wrote: I'm getting this error message when trying to run LiveControl.exe "the program can't start because dnssd.dll is missing from your computer".
I also got the prompt while extracting the LiveControl_win.zip file that says "a problem is preventing this folder from being encrypted. Do you want to copy this folder without encryption?"
Sorry Hed and Nick. I don't mean to hijack this Kapture Pad thread but I feel if I can' get TouchOsc running which I've owned for years, I may have the same issue with Kapture Pad. Or does it use a different script?
miTunes

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Anubis wrote:
Anubis wrote: I'm getting this error message when trying to run LiveControl.exe "the program can't start because dnssd.dll is missing from your computer".
Sorry Hed and Nick. I don't mean to hijack this Kapture Pad thread but I feel if I can' get TouchOsc running which I've owned for years, I may have the same issue with Kapture Pad. Or does it use a different script?
Setup with Kapture Pad is nice and easy to setup, drop me an email and I can help you (after Kapture Pad is released of course :) ) -- support@liine.net

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:15 pm

The big day is here, very proud to announce:

Kapture Pad is now available on the iTunes App Store

All the info is here: http://liine.net/en/products/kapturepad/

Kapture Pad is the second collaboration with Stu Fisher, creator of LiveControl.

Feature list:
- Universal binary: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch support.
- Global Snapshots: Kapture/recall all mixer and device parameters.
- Track Snapshots: Kapture/recall all device parameters.
- Morph Pad: morph between up to four different sound configurations.
- Global filter: choose which tracks to ignore/recall.
- Track filter: choose which devices to ignore/recall.
- Unlimited Global Snapshots.
- Unlimited Banks.

Download the scripts, connector and user guide here: http://liine.net/en/support/

Thanks for the support everyone, hope you like this one. :-)

fcarroll

Post by fcarroll » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Download KapturePad and tried it out for the first time. The App is awesome .... Setup was very easy, on Mac anyway, just took a little thinking on using it, instructions could be a little clearer, or maybe it's me :)

Should be great fun now messing, warping and morphing sound, well done guys!

Frankie
iMac, MacBook Pro, Ableton Live 8 Suite,Ableton PUSH Komplete 8, Logic Studio,Launchpad x 2, iPad (Lemur), M-Audio Keystudio, Akai MPD18, ...

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Beautiful job, Nick. Congrats! 8)
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Hedroom

Post by Hedroom » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:16 pm

fcarroll wrote:Download KapturePad and tried it out for the first time. The App is awesome .... Setup was very easy, on Mac anyway, just took a little thinking on using it, instructions could be a little clearer, or maybe it's me :)

Should be great fun now messing, warping and morphing sound, well done guys!

Frankie
Happy to hear that :D

Thanks for the feedback on the manual. This is ongoing project so your comments help us keep on improving the useage and setup experience. Thanks!