iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: iPad

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:23 pm

gjm wrote:As far as I can see via total subjective introspection... personally I can't find a killer excuse musically to own one. Plus, I just don't need the distraction. Sigh...
But. They. Are. Magical.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:01 pm

inmazevo wrote:
Even the most extreme of us thinks the others are way douchier than we are and that we have the acceptible amount of fanboyism. :x
Seriously nailed it...
or...
This (never said that before)

I was at a restaurant this afternoon (a bit distracted by the japan stuff, though), and was amazed... probably 200 people were waiting by 3PM @ the Apple store next door.
I kept thinking... douche.

And then I realized I was jealous.

Partly because I couldn't go because of tsunami stuff.
But party because..

There were ACTUALLY hot girls in the line!!!
Seriously?
Didn't expect that...

- zevo
I was stuck in line for three hours next to a smokin' hot Colombiana! She was wearing stiletto heels. Good thing I brought a chair and being the gentleman that I am I let her park that gorgeous bunda on it. She's a big fan of Ultra Fest and I told her how I'm gonna rock the world with Ableton and my shiny new iPad 2. :D So I got her #.
Oh yeah the iPad is OK.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:15 pm

Anubis wrote:
inmazevo wrote:
Even the most extreme of us thinks the others are way douchier than we are and that we have the acceptible amount of fanboyism. :x
Seriously nailed it...
or...
This (never said that before)

I was at a restaurant this afternoon (a bit distracted by the japan stuff, though), and was amazed... probably 200 people were waiting by 3PM @ the Apple store next door.
I kept thinking... douche.

And then I realized I was jealous.

Partly because I couldn't go because of tsunami stuff.
But party because..

There were ACTUALLY hot girls in the line!!!
Seriously?
Didn't expect that...

- zevo
I was stuck in line for three hours next to a smokin' hot Colombiana! She was wearing stiletto heels. Good thing I brought a chair and being the gentleman that I am I let her park that gorgeous bunda on it. She's a big fan of Ultra Fest and I told her how I'm gonna rock the world with Ableton and my shiny new iPad 2. :D So I got her #.
Oh yeah the iPad is OK.
Come to think of it I've never seen a photo or video featuring the fat American of truth and legend inside or just outside an Apple store. Not even on the more respected BBC or Al Jazeera networks. :x

LSZ!!! NORTH AMERICAN APPLE STORE BUS TOUR. WHAT TIME SHALL I PICK YOU UP?? :)

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Well, I was at a Best Buy store for what it's worth. :D
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

gjm

Post by gjm » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:39 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
gjm wrote:As far as I can see via total subjective introspection... personally I can't find a killer excuse musically to own one. Plus, I just don't need the distraction. Sigh...
But. They. Are. Magical.

I actually have no problem with buying one for the sake of having one. Not sure what the pricing will be for us but it will be close to $1000. I keep thinking about a very nice multiac Godin guitar I saw for 2k. I would be half way there... I also keep thinking about what I would like to have lying around in 10 years time. I need a really good excuse... something like Addictive Drums creating an app that I can plug my Alesis control pad into via the CCK. Then I have got something I can make money with. The magic might be a bit 'smoke and mirrors' for me. Owning one is probably more about being the first on the block and the attention that goes with it rather than a good solid musical reason.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:52 pm

@beats

The North American Apple Bang Bus

I'm liking it.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:01 pm

gjm wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:
But. They. Are. Magical.

I actually have no problem with buying one for the sake of having one. Not sure what the pricing will be for us but it will be close to $1000. I keep thinking about a very nice multiac Godin guitar I saw for 2k. I would be half way there... I also keep thinking about what I would like to have lying around in 10 years time. I need a really good excuse... something like Addictive Drums creating an app that I can plug my Alesis control pad into via the CCK. Then I have got something I can make money with. The magic might be a bit 'smoke and mirrors' for me. Owning one is probably more about being the first on the block and the attention that goes with it rather than a good solid musical reason.
Don't know what to say, bro. I'm using mine for music every single day and loving it. There's any number of apps in which I can lay down ideas. I'm fully using it in live sets - where it happily and comfortable has generated any number of new coolness and control of sound. One only needs to use the Konkreet Performer app to quickly realize the iPad's potential as a truly unique control device. Performer let's you coax sounds out of your stuff that no other controller could. touchAble is the same principal. What piece of hardware can give you pretty much every bit of access to your set - with total visual feedback - in the blink of an eye? And give you pads and keys to boot? Nothing.

But a nice guitar is a nice guitar. :P

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:41 pm

a nice guitar is a nice guitar... and the 10 years later argument works with guitars. with Apple products... not so much. sure, you might have one in ten years, but how proud of it will you be and will it be of any noteworthy use... really? TBH, with almost any techy gadgets this argument holds true. guitar FTW

@ Anubis - Fuck yeah dude!!! if you nail her, use the camera to record it!
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

gjm

Post by gjm » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:02 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Don't know what to say, bro. I'm using mine for music every single day and loving it. There's any number of apps in which I can lay down ideas.

Therein lies the first point at where I am second guessing myself. I have said the same type of thing with other hardware and software purchases but in the end when I look back at what I actually achieved, there is not very much to show for it. I have had lots of cool moments mucking around with the Eden Synth in NS, or faffing with a preset in Amplitube or just simply passing some time with Looptastic. I use my iPod Touch every day as well for all sorts of reasons. I suppose the majority of my ideas start more organically either with an acoustic guitar or on my piano. I suppose I need that physical involvement to help connect with what I am doing and tend to see the supporting electronic stuff as a more of an academic thing.

LoopStationZebra wrote: I'm fully using it in live sets - where it happily and comfortable has generated any number of new coolness and control of sound. One only needs to use the Konkreet Performer app to quickly realize the iPad's potential as a truly unique control device. Performer let's you coax sounds out of your stuff that no other controller could. touchAble is the same principal. What piece of hardware can give you pretty much every bit of access to your set - with total visual feedback - in the blink of an eye? And give you pads and keys to boot? Nothing.
A great example of approaching composition that I guess I admit that I don't relate well to. The search for sounds as the primary goal is not my thing really. I tend to settle for less. Although, I like the Eden synth.
LoopStationZebra wrote:But a nice guitar is a nice guitar. :P
Yeah. I am a big believer in having good gear when I can afford it. Maybe if a few more apps appeared that would genuinely justify the iPad for me then I could get into one. It might be a matter of waiting for the next upgrade.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:46 pm

gjm wrote: ...Maybe if a few more apps appeared that would genuinely justify the iPad for me then I could get into one. It might be a matter of waiting for the next upgrade.
They're definitely coming.
miTunes

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:48 am

^^^^^^
Or maybe not. :( It seems that none of the apps on this site are really Win 7 friendly.
Konkreet Performer looks rockin' but they leave you to deal with midi yoke and pure data on your own. :?
TouchOSC which I had working with my iPod when it first came out... well now it's LiveControl but the installer is buggy on Win 7. They claim Kapture Pad will be a breeze to install. Guess I'll find out tuesday. :?
What about TouchABLE? Does that work reliably with Win 7? :roll:
miTunes

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:21 am

Anubis wrote:^^^^^^
Or maybe not. :( It seems that none of the apps on this site are really Win 7 friendly.
Konkreet Performer looks rockin' but they leave you to deal with midi yoke and pure data on your own. :?
TouchOSC which I had working with my iPod when it first came out... well now it's LiveControl but the installer is buggy on Win 7. They claim Kapture Pad will be a breeze to install. Guess I'll find out tuesday. :?
What about TouchABLE? Does that work reliably with Win 7? :roll:

This is the part where you head BACK to the Apple store, meet another hot chick, and buy a fucking MacBookPro.

:lol: :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:28 am

lol.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/11/technol ... htm?hpt=T2
But a few were crossing enemy lines. One of the earliest spots in line was held by a shopper wearing an Android t-shirt. Aaron -- "I'm not going to give you my last name," he said -- had no interest in Apple's latest gizmo. "I run Android businesses. No way I'm using one," he said.

His plan: Resell the iPads for a $200 markup. He already had one buyer lined up.
:lol: On one hand he's cashing in on the mania and is well above it. On the other hand you're not likely to the same thing happen in reverse for the Xoom.

:P

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:02 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Anubis wrote: What about TouchABLE? Does that work reliably with Win 7? :roll:

This is the part where you head BACK to the Apple store, meet another hot chick, and buy a fucking MacBookPro.

:lol: :x
:lol: :lol: :lol: Or I could rent a hot chick... for a week! 8O
Well, as it turns out TouchABLE came through. I think it's because they designed their own server. But something is wreaking havoc with the outputs of my IndigoIOx.
Next up Konkreet...
miTunes

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:48 am

ChiDJSynchro wrote:HELP HELP HELP !!!

On my iPad2, I went into Safari and went to IK Multimedia's website, and it is stuck frozen.
I tried to tap everything and anything to exit or arrow back, It does nothing.
So, I tap the home button and I it takes me to the ipad's app screen,cool. But, I go back into Safari and the IK Multimedia site is still stuck Please tell me you guy's have a solution. I'm so bummed out right now.
http://www.hard-reset.com/apple-ipad-hard-reset.html