stand for live performance

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mrof

stand for live performance

Post by mrof » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:30 am

hello,
i need a stand for live performance with my sager 8887 notebook, a soundcraft 328 mixer, rme digiface and a keyboard... what do you guys use? any clever solutions?

thanks.

metrognome32

Post by metrognome32 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:02 pm

Try a music sheet stand from musicians friend. Just get one that holds enough weight like 20lbs. Works well + looks great on stage.

-gNome

fuentes925

Post by fuentes925 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:14 pm

Also look in to a 2 or 3 tier heavy duty keyboard stand, they could hold alot of gear and also look nice on stage. My whole set up fits on a 2 tier stand.

Neil

Post by Neil » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:15 pm

two/three tier A frame stands are ok.. not really confortable to work with.. so i searched and searched and searched(for about a month).. then there it was.. found it...

http://www.zzounds.com/love.music?p=p.U ... 3501128028

i modified the two sides to hold my two audio monitors by using only one of the rack holders on each side.. the table part of it is able to go on a slant which allows me to use it while standing up, have my evolution keyboard on left and my dr202 on the right side of it, and my mouse on the middle .. raised the middle main bar all the way to the top like shown on the picture. added the two rack supports to the top so i was able to put my laptop on the left and my mixer on the right.. this stand is absolutely the best stand i have ever had for my laptop setup..

this goes on my Best Buys List...

Neil

astromass

Post by astromass » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:26 pm

dudes,
it's all about sitting crossed-legged on the floor, or sitting in a rocking chair, or sitting at the bar when yer playing out! a comfortable performer is best! hehehe
since there is'nt much to watch with laptop performers, the crowd would rather you be fully relaxed and half drunk then looking all robot like kraftwerk.
ableton rocks.
+()Dd
nyquist theorem and nyquil...