Liine iPad Ableton controllers: Griid In-App purchases

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fcarroll

Re: Liine's iPad/iPhone Ableton controllers-new app: Kapture Pad

Post by fcarroll » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Hedroom wrote:
fcarroll wrote:Download KapturePad and tried it out for the first time. The App is awesome .... Setup was very easy, on Mac anyway, just took a little thinking on using it, instructions could be a little clearer, or maybe it's me :)

Should be great fun now messing, warping and morphing sound, well done guys!

Frankie
Happy to hear that :D

Thanks for the feedback on the manual. This is ongoing project so your comments help us keep on improving the useage and setup experience. Thanks!
No problem Hedroom, when I say a little clearer, I mean "a little", compared to some other apps it was a breeze. The only other issue was I could not auto connect, but connecting manually took all of 5 seconds. This is going to be a wonderful tool for folks with an iPad, it is a must buy! Even just using it as an efx processor/trigger is worth it in it's self.

Haven't even tried it with an other controller yet, FYI a setup video might not go astray! Thanks again.

Frankie
iMac, MacBook Pro, Ableton Live 8 Suite,Ableton PUSH Komplete 8, Logic Studio,Launchpad x 2, iPad (Lemur), M-Audio Keystudio, Akai MPD18, ...

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:06 pm

doesnt work with any of my vst or au parameters only abletons instruments and effects.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 pm

john gordon wrote:doesnt work with any of my vst or au parameters only abletons instruments and effects.
nevermind..i spoke to soon.great stuff!!!

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Question (before I get to test this myself):

What if I have an ipad and iphone? Can you use both simultaneously and have a track morph going on simultaneously on 2 different tracks?
Professional Shark Jumper.

db120

Post by db120 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:21 pm

Kapturepad looks great so I downloaded it and am having the same problems with ad-hoc as with Griid.

So on to connectifyme, I got that running and connected the Ipad to to the ad-hoc I made in it. That part seems to be working. Went into live settings and selected:
Control surface: kapturepad
Input: kapturepad
Output: 4- kapturepad <---- in your guide this says three but 4 is the only option showing up

I've then launched the app and get: "autoconnect failed, could not find kapture connector on the wifi network"

so now what?

Is it possible to have an internet connection while an ad-hoc network is running?

fcarroll

Post by fcarroll » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:44 pm

db120 wrote:Kapturepad looks great so I downloaded it and am having the same problems with ad-hoc as with Griid.

So on to connectifyme, I got that running and connected the Ipad to to the ad-hoc I made in it. That part seems to be working. Went into live settings and selected:
Control surface: kapturepad
Input: kapturepad
Output: 4- kapturepad <---- in your guide this says three but 4 is the only option showing up

I've then launched the app and get: "autoconnect failed, could not find kapture connector on the wifi network"

so now what?

Is it possible to have an internet connection while an ad-hoc network is running?
Db120, did you try to connect manually. Also make sure that your Bluetooth is turned off on both you Mac and iPad. I had a lot of problems with iPad music apps until I did this.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Ableton Live 8 Suite,Ableton PUSH Komplete 8, Logic Studio,Launchpad x 2, iPad (Lemur), M-Audio Keystudio, Akai MPD18, ...

db120

Post by db120 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:23 am

fcarroll wrote:
db120 wrote:Kapturepad looks great so I downloaded it and am having the same problems with ad-hoc as with Griid.

so now what?

Db120, did you try to connect manually. Also make sure that your Bluetooth is turned off on both you Mac and iPad. I had a lot of problems with iPad music apps until I did this.
Bluetooth has been off. I did try to manually connect with the ipv4 address. I checked to see if kontrolpadconnecter was in firewall exceptions and it was. Have restarted computer, live, connector. Still no love

fcarroll

Post by fcarroll » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:51 am

db120 wrote:
fcarroll wrote:

so now what?

Bluetooth has been off. I did try to manually connect with the ipv4 address. I checked to see if kontrolpadconnecter was in firewall exceptions and it was. Have restarted computer, live, connector. Still no love
Weird ... What are your machine specs?

Hedroom

Post by Hedroom » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

db120 wrote:
fcarroll wrote:

so now what?

Hi db120. Drop us an email at support@liine.net and we'll get you sorted right out!

Hedroom

Post by Hedroom » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:06 am

john gordon wrote:
john gordon wrote:doesnt work with any of my vst or au parameters only abletons instruments and effects.
nevermind..i spoke to soon.great stuff!!!
:) Yep, this is like normal Live automation - the parameters need to be visible to Live. Click on "Configure" on the VST device and then click the parameters you want Live to be able to "see".

Hedroom

Post by Hedroom » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:07 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:Question (before I get to test this myself):

What if I have an ipad and iphone? Can you use both simultaneously and have a track morph going on simultaneously on 2 different tracks?

Not right now. But perhaps in the not too distant future! However, you definitely CAN use Kapture Pad on one device and another Live controller on the other (Griid or LiveControl for example). That works great.

db120

Post by db120 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:52 am

]Hi db120. Drop us an email at support@liine.net and we'll get you sorted right out!
Word. Dropped a line same time I posted here. Thanks

digid

Post by digid » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:37 am

Just bought the software, but Liine.net is more or less down ... darn it.
Listen to my lovely electroacoustics on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/digidada

topaz

Post by topaz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:16 pm

one major thing, how to overwrite a snapshot,

ie how to go back and tweak a snapshot without having to recapture again ?
Complete Cycle, Contemporary Music for Film, TV, Media & Games.
http://www.completecycle.bandcamp.com

digid

Post by digid » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Finally got the connector down, but, da*n, this thing is hard to connect to my MacBook Air.

Using it at work, so probably not ideal, will test more at home. But there was no way I could connect to anything, not an the ad hoc network works.

Strange. I have no firewall either.
Listen to my lovely electroacoustics on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/digidada