Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xzusa8ky

Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by xzusa8ky » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Hallo!

Just curious and i dont want to interrupt your holidays or whetever your are not doing!

Will Live 9 be available before year 2015?

PS: I dont hope that you will warn me again via PM because i post things you dont want to hear.............
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

seattletruth

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by seattletruth » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Do you *really* think that they are doing nothing? What do you think all those developers get paid for.

Would you rather that they released something half-assed just so you can get your moment of zen before it crashes? Or do you want them to do it *right*?

Do you really think that the higher-ups at Ableton aren't just as anxious to get a new product out the door (which coincedentally is how they make profits.. I'm not sure if u knew that) as you are?

interpolate

Post by interpolate » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Given Ableton's track record, they do seem to be making us wait quite a bit longer then usual.
Ableton Suite 8 & Max4Live

3phase

Post by 3phase » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:49 pm

probably the will rework it all.. deliver for christmass 2011...anounce it in frankfurt next month

it will be not just an ordinary upgrade, the will sell it as a new live..something special.. and only one version no extra suite..

the retail price for the new version will be a bit cheaper than suite before ..but the upgrade itself will be more expensiv..especially for sofar non suite users.. but also suite users pay more than before..

that all to cover for the loss of one year of the anual user licencing.. so the mean non suite user can expect around 200 for the upgrade..

that will include abltons new convolution reverb..surround support and lots of gimics from the max department the feature junky and gearslut cant miss ..and it will be totally stable and delivred with a colourcheme that dont causes snow blindness...

thats of cause all pure fiction..
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

EnjoyRC

Post by EnjoyRC » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Sigh... :roll:
MacBook Pro (MacOS 13.0.1) i9 Processor, 32gb RAM, 4tb SSD
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU UltraLite mk5 (w/ADA8200), (LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
Ableton Live Suite 11 (Live performances), Studio One 5 (Studio Stem Creation)

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 pm

3phase wrote:probably the will rework it all.. deliver for christmass 2011...anounce it in frankfurt next month

it will be not just an ordinary upgrade, the will sell it as a new live..something special.. and only one version no extra suite..

the retail price for the new version will be a bit cheaper than suite before ..but the upgrade itself will be more expensiv..especially for sofar non suite users.. but also suite users pay more than before..

that all to cover for the loss of one year of the anual user licencing.. so the mean non suite user can expect around 200 for the upgrade..

that will include abltons new convolution reverb..surround support and lots of gimics from the max department the feature junky and gearslut cant miss ..and it will be totally stable and delivred with a colourcheme that dont causes snow blindness...

Nice! I cant't wait.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Bizon wrote: Nice! I cant't wait.
Also, it will feature an automated bacon generator and a coffee dispenser.

savyurrecords

Post by savyurrecords » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Mmm bacon

As long as the bacon can be automated in a clip I would be ecstatic!

But to get real here. I used Live 4 and I made songs. I used Live 5 and I made songs. Live 6,7,8 made songs.

What do you need about that Live 8 can't do? And why can't you work around it?
Last edited by savyurrecords on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:06 pm

savyurrecords wrote:Mmm bacon

As long as the bacon can be automated in a clip I would be ecstatic?

But to get real here. I used Live 4 and I made songs. I used Live 5 and I made songs. Live 6,7,8 made songs.

What do you need about that Live 8 can't do? And why can't you work around it?
I like new toys.

I do not do this professionally, I do it as a hobby. The more cool new stuff I have to play with the more entertained I am.

This in actuality sets me back in terms of getting anywhere but I am entertained.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:09 pm

sporkles wrote:Also, it will feature an automated bacon generator and a coffee dispenser.

none of that Canadian bacon, though! might as well just eat a pork chop if that's what you're after.

give me real thick-sliced Applewood-smoked bacon with a side of cheeseburger!

savyurrecords

Post by savyurrecords » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Yeah everybody likes new toys myself included. I am hobbyist as well.

Though I do see an issue with upgrade fever that a lot of people have. It can get in the way of work, even if that work is a hobby.

spektralisk

Post by spektralisk » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Maybe some of you remember. Some time ago ableton invited to complete the survey about controllers dedicated to Live. I am not sure if this was sent by email or available on their website, but I am sure I completed it. So anyway there were some questions about what users would like to have in such controller for Live etc. So I predict that they not only prepare new version of Live but also some ultimate super killer controller for it :). Maybe it will be some sophisticated iPad app or maybe new hardware controller surface/keyboard fully integrated with Live (unlike apc40 or launchpad which are lacking at the moment). I am keeping my money now and try to prevent gearlust and wait to see what will ableton bring to us.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:25 pm

3phase wrote:probably the will rework it all.. deliver for christmass 2011...anounce it in frankfurt next month

:D
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

ciw

Post by ciw » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:24 pm

It's attitudes like this that encourage the industry to give us feature heavy software that crashes. Just so you know. Did you enjoy windows vista btw..? ;)

ciw

Post by ciw » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:27 pm

...saying that I'm pretty sure that yes, live 9 will be released before 2015, that's plenty of time to sort out the existing bugs.