Prime Loops are amazings

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Carpet Cleaner

Prime Loops are amazings

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Yo,

I'm looking for samples, inspirations, to make some original tracks.

I've already sampled micro parts of songs that I like. It's cool

Then I just checked a bit Prime Loops, essentialy for drum loops actually.

But I discovered there is a lots, and there is piano, bass, etc... and the quality is amazing. It's like directly from records.
there is funk, swing, whatever.

Honestly, my first tough was like "I can make an entire album using just those samples ! "

what do you think guys? Am i going crazy? I always though using samples from CD lacks of personality and quality. But here, there is actually a personal touch in those samples...

PS : I am not working for Prime Loops ^^

Rationalizer

Re: Prime Loops are amazings

Post by Rationalizer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:01 pm

They're ok and the prices are great. Personally I prefer Sounds /to/sample but have bought couple of sample packs from PL also.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

Yoseph

Post by Yoseph » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:01 pm

I feel like it lacks originality.

ramangill

Post by ramangill » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Yoseph wrote:I feel like it lacks originality.
I used to go with PL but since moved to LoopMasters and Sound to Sample which are much better!
MacPro(1,1)
MOTU 828 mk3, Axiom Pro49, Akai MPD32, LiquidMix 16
Live 8, NOMAD Factory Plugins Suite, FabFilter Plugin Suite, PSP Vintage Collection
NERVE, Sylenth1, NEXUS2, Arturia Analog Factory 2.5, Trillian

seattletruth

Post by seattletruth » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Yeah, you can use loops and you might think it sounds great but nobody else will care because its more of the same crap. And really it's just lame.. I mean its not even like you are actually sampling something... Sampling old songs atleast takes a bit of skill / luck to listen through music and find something worth sampling and actually peice it together and EQ the different parts and make it mesh... With loops your just sampling something that was MEANT to be sampled.. it takes away the artistic aspect of sampling completely.. its like drawing the Mona Lisa with a coloring book; first of all its not original and second of all it involved no thinking.

On the other hand *not all loops* are gay. I think shaker / conga / tambo loops are great. Those are things that you just can't easily program, but still they can be chopped up to make your own.. Plus its not like you're using somebody else's track completely, its just a little element in your own..

That's my .02

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:35 pm

seattletruth wrote:Yeah, you can use loops and you might think it sounds great but nobody else will care because its more of the same crap. And really it's just lame.. I mean its not even like you are actually sampling something... Sampling old songs atleast takes a bit of skill / luck to listen through music and find something worth sampling and actually peice it together and EQ the different parts and make it mesh... With loops your just sampling something that was MEANT to be sampled.. it takes away the artistic aspect of sampling completely.. its like drawing the Mona Lisa with a coloring book; first of all its not original and second of all it involved no thinking.

On the other hand *not all loops* are gay. I think shaker / conga / tambo loops are great. Those are things that you just can't easily program, but still they can be chopped up to make your own.. Plus its not like you're using somebody else's track completely, its just a little element in your own..

That's my .02
That's actually my point of view... until now. Now I'm just not sure (like this guy : http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/ti ... ocracy.jpg )

cacti

Post by cacti » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Loops are cheating.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:52 pm

wouldnt guitar hero not give even more instant user gratifikation and the warm feel to drive a huge audience crazy?

but ok..i see.. its to much hazzle to get the skills in guitar hero together..

however.. when it brings you fun why not playing with theese loops.. maybe you even give it a personal touch..

but dont feel to original about it.. it´s the same with the guitarhero audience.. just virtual..

and dont try to release the results.. thats considred as cheating and bad style
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

3phase

Post by 3phase » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 pm

seattletruth wrote:Yeah, you can use loops and you might think it sounds great but nobody else will care because its more of the same crap. And really it's just lame.. I mean its not even like you are actually sampling something... Sampling old songs atleast takes a bit of skill / luck to listen through music and find something worth sampling and actually peice it together and EQ the different parts and make it mesh... With loops your just sampling something that was MEANT to be sampled.. it takes away the artistic aspect of sampling completely.. its like drawing the Mona Lisa with a coloring book; first of all its not original and second of all it involved no thinking.

That's my .02
conga loops are totally fag, just trance sound loops are more faggi

theese days its even worse with the loops.. they now try to catch the audience with production quality..what makes the fakes sound better and better.. and thats the even bigger cheat in that than just using loops of records..

would you call somebody that makes a living by selling loops to fakes a bitch?
And..ar all professional musicans bitches?

and how is it with somebody that bought the loops and makes tracks out of them and trys to release them.. maybe even selling them to a major bitch.. is this guy just a customer than?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Only producers with no fantasy and no skillz would say that loops are fake or cheating...... :evil:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 pm

hahaha 3phase you are killing me !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:47 pm

I think the best is to produce a track in 10 minutes with only pre-made loops, then sell it and be popular and inspire people with this turd.
Like Frank Zappa said : We're Only In It For The Money

You know the track 'Love in this club' from Usher. Well it's entirely made with Garage band loops... anybody can recreate it with them. Still I think this track is awesome and it had bought entertainment and joy to millions of people.
And I'm sure tons of guys hooked up with bitches on the dancefloor with this track. So just for that, we should all be thankful to Usher and Polow da Don ( his producer).

:D

Peevy

Post by Peevy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 pm

cacti wrote:Loops are cheating.
There's nothing wrong with using loops as a starting point. Sometimes I'll start a track with a loop in Geist (because its great for slicing loops) for a bit of inspiration but the loop always ends up re-arranged & sounding nothing like it originally did. But I generally don't have a problem with someone using loops as long as thy don't go too overboard with them.

Thumbs up for Primeloops. I got a couple of really good Drum loops packs in their recent sale, I wanted to get one or two more before it was over but I was too latet :(
Image Image Image Image

seattletruth

Post by seattletruth » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:02 am

3phase wrote: conga loops are totally fag, just trance sound loops are more faggi

theese days its even worse with the loops.. they now try to catch the audience with production quality..what makes the fakes sound better and better.. and thats the even bigger cheat in that than just using loops of records..

and how is it with somebody that bought the loops and makes tracks out of them and trys to release them.. maybe even selling them to a major bitch.. is this guy just a customer than?
Uh, what's your deal.. personally I've never even used a loop in any of my beats. Not once. Not even chopped it up.. But i know the technique and dont think its terrible.. or to extract the groove from it.

Anyway, i think you need to learn English slang a little easier to grasp the concept of what a "bitch" mean. A bitch is somebody who gets used, in the context you are trying to purvey.
No. Somebody who sells loops for a living is a hustler... All power to them.
Last edited by seattletruth on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ciw

Post by ciw » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:16 pm

If you like your music, your audience like your music and you like your audience... who cares how you make the music.