mpk49 sending random CC's!?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
breadley

mpk49 sending random CC's!?

Post by breadley » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Hello ! I've had this MPK49 for a few years, and just acquired Ableton 8. I haven't really used it in a long time so I'm trying to relearn some stuff. It seems that it's not just me that is confused. Say I'm trying to map the F1 fader to a control on Ableton. I go into midi map mode and move the fader(CC12). For some reason CC27 also thinks it is being activated. Ableton can't figure out which knob/fader I'm moving.

Is this a problem with the midi controller or Ableton? Is this something I can fix with the vyzex editor?

Also, I'm using the LiveLite preset on the controller.

Thanks !

rubo

Re: mpk49 sending random CC's!?

Post by rubo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi, i havethe same problem..it,'d be great if someone knows how to solve this problem

mayabong

Post by mayabong » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:52 pm

I have the same problem sometimes. My knobs seems to move randomly. Its especially frustrating when I'm listening to my mix in arrangement mode and it senses a knob move and goes into overdub mode.

breadley

Post by breadley » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:45 am

aww shucks guys. :(

rubo

Post by rubo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:48 pm

a year ago, I wrote the akai guys and they told me, that they dont know about the problem.
seems like we have to fix it by ourselves.

puzl

Post by puzl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:47 pm

I have the same problem as well. It's relatively recent though... I've had Live 8 for a long time now, but, this seems to only have started happening with 8.2.1.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:57 pm

any of you having issues ever tried not using the 'live lite' preset and just create an empty one yourself?

breadley

Post by breadley » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:03 pm

I've done some more research and found some support on the vyzex forum.

http://www.vyzor.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1075

Also, after downloading the newest version of vyzex (which can't be found on Akai's site (?), I think I may have fixed the problem. Although it wasn't constantly happening before, I havent seen a glitch in a while and believe the problem has ceased.

Newest Vyzex:

Win version: http://www.vyzor.com/downloads/akaipro/ ... up_WIN.zip
Mac version: http://www.vyzor.com/downloads/akaipro/ ... kg_MAC.zip

It seems that lots of people have this problem. If your problems persist, the Vyzor forums seem to be helpful.

Cheers!

puzl

Post by puzl » Sat May 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Yeah I've tried the vyzex update 1.05 and it still is sending random ghost CC's. It doesn't matter what preset I'm on either. Whatever effect I have selected in Live, something wacky will start happening to one of the parameters... really frustrating trying to work on a song when all of the sudden your bass disappears or your smooth lead synth starts to sound like a throttled clown for absolutely no reason. then you remember the good ole wild card MPK 49

I'll try posting to the vyzor forums and see what they say