Problems with Reason3, Live8, Rewire and Asio4All

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
blaubär

Problems with Reason3, Live8, Rewire and Asio4All

Post by blaubär » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi,

i dont know if it has already been discussed here, but i havent found anything yet.
I have some problems with Rewire, Reason 3 and Abelton Live8. I tried to connect those programs with Live as master and Reason as slave. As i understand i have to open Live first and the Reason. But as soon as i open Reason both Live and Reason crash. I think its Reason trying to "take over" the Asio driver. tried to change to multimedia Asiodriver without success.
Has anyone a solution for this problem?
Asus laptop with Win Vista and ASIO4All on the onboard soundcard.

Thanks

Dennis

BTW: crossposting also on the Proppellerheads forum.

tlennon

Re: Problems with Reason3, Live8, Rewire and Asio4All

Post by tlennon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:53 pm

The method you describe is correct. I doubt it's the ASIO driver conflict as all the audio is routed through the Master application. Make sure your programs are up to date for the version you're ruuning (ie Reason 3.x.x where x is the most recent) and they are a legal registered copy and not hacked. You also need enough processing power to launch and operate both applications on your system. Also make sure that all apps compatible with Vista. Good luck.
Terrence Lennon

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Thanks for the answer. Both programms run smoothly stand alone. My system i an Intel Dualcore2 chip with 2x2,66Ghz with 4 GB ram which should be ok. Maybe its Vista? Both programms and also rewire are up to date. And of course their not hacked. Otherwise i wouldnt be writing in the official support forum, would i?.
I thought it maybe would be the ASIO driver because Reason quits with a "Could initialize the Audio Hardware" or so message. I remember, when i was using Cubase you have to start Reason from within Cubase or enable Rewire first or something like that. Do i need to do that in Live somewhere? Or just start Live and then Reason from the Start Menu? Do Reason know it has to route the siganls through Live just because Live is already running?

Thanks again

Dennis

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:43 pm

That is correct. Reason is notified by the Master app that it is running as a slave and should not attempt to access the audio driver. This must be a problem with your set up because Rewire has worked flawlessly for years between the 2 apps. Sorry I couldn't be much help. Perhaps someone else will chime in. Good luck.
Terrence Lennon

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks anyway. Now i know at least that it is working for others. So its not a general problem. And i know i did everything right. So, next step: chnage the audiodirver and after that re-install. I wll figure that out.

Thanks

Dennis

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:04 pm

OK, solved. Just isntalled Reason, ABleton and this Rewire and Rex for Vista new and all is ok.

Thanks

Dennis

Tee Dee

Post by Tee Dee » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:04 am

Hi, i'm having this problem as well. I'm running windows 7, Live 8.2.1, and Reason 3.0.4. All software is fully updated and legitimate. Live crashes immediately upon opening Reason. I just installed Reason to work on an old Live Set. My system should be able to handle it. It's an i7 quad-core 2.6 GHz with 6GB RAM. Anyone know a fix for this??

jrthibert

Post by jrthibert » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:56 am

Hello Denis,
I realise that it's been awhile since you posted this but I am curious as to how you've actually solved that problem?I'm experiencing the exact same issues.
thanks for your help
Jean