Features you would like to see in Ableton 9?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dn83

Re: Features you would like to see in Ableton 9?

Post by dn83 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:52 pm

I'm still using Live 7, so please excuse me if these have already been introduced in Live 8:

1.) 64-bit Version...is it worth it? Would it provide faster performance, etc?
2.) Get rid of the behavior of the hot pink automation envelope that always automatically pops up on tracks in session view - it is so annoying for some reason! (I think because it gets in the way of the clips and loops.)

Thanks! :)

dn83

Post by dn83 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Also, I don't like when I double-click a device, it not only replaces the current device on the selected track, but removes all plugins as well...(??)

Didn't it used to only replace the current device and leave plugins intact?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:51 pm

dn83 wrote:Also, I don't like when I double-click a device, it not only replaces the current device on the selected track, but removes all plugins as well...(??)

Didn't it used to only replace the current device and leave plugins intact?
use the hot swap button instead.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

dn83

Post by dn83 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks for the suggestion...I do that sometimes, but double-clicking is just more convenient...I know, I know... =P Really, what it's about for me is I don't like it when basic legacy behaviors are changed...and for seemingly no reason.

Just32

Post by Just32 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:09 pm

the possibility of anchor a device, that when you change the Audio/Midi bus it stay visible. I know that there is an option to do this in preferences, but it applies to all devices, and this is it usefull many times...

estevan carlos benson

Post by estevan carlos benson » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:55 pm

My suggestions:

- Some kind of "if/else/while" capability with MIDI and Key mapping.
- Adding other UI controls, in addition to knobs, to custom instruments/groups. Controls such as toggle switches, joysticks (emulating keyboard joysticks), buttons and vert/horz sliders
- More random, less grid.
Live 9 Suite | M4L | MacBook Pro Quadcore 16gb ram | APC40
estevancarlos.com | The Handsomest Drowned Man

fx23

Post by fx23 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:55 pm

trig a rack/decice preset/snapshot via some NB in a new dedicaced lane in clips.

globally presets are not usable for realtime swich wich is quite sad. some reflexion around this would be nice.
in usine we can snapshot and recall anything on the fly via a module called preset manager.this is also midi remotable.
we can even smooth morph to next preset via something called conductor. this is awesome simple and powerfull.
i would love to see something like that in live.
kind of what liine team has done but native and midi assignable, and per clip recallable.

ie man tweak a delay+reverb, take a snapshot 01, tweak differently, snapshot02,
then a clip can recall any snaphot nb. no need to draw X curves for x param, just press store to number N, give a name.
then in a clip, drawing stepped NBs will trig different snaphots. drawing ramps would morph to newt preset of
the time of the ramp.

the ultimate thing would be local presets for each device/vst, + global parent rack or track presets.
to go even deeper, recalling racks with differents vsts that could load/unload would be the graal, and save
tons of ram/cpu vs having all preloaded in chains.

maybe a first more simple to pgm step i suppose would be just 'racks' snaphots, then user can put what he wants to be stored/recalled in the rack, and this will affect all childs in the sub chains, or if really too complex, just
recalling macros snaphot would be already insane cool.

that idea would be really nice with sends. So i really wish groupedtracks and returns track could accept dummy clips to
modulate what is on the track. this is a very sad limitation that no group or send device can be modulated imo.

alvarog

Post by alvarog » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 am

IP wrote:MAJOR

64 Bit Native support

+1000
AMD Phenom II X4 | 8GB DDR3 | Raptor 10.000rpm RAID 0 | Win7 Ultimate 64bit | Suite 8 + VSTis | RME Fireface400 | KORG MicroKONTROL | 7 string custom electric guitar

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Slice to existing rack, and a included step sequencer !
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

d-track

Post by d-track » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:52 pm

rack knobs assignbable to other channels parameters.
for example an operator cutoff on a track and another midi or audio tracks phaser dry/wet knob.
maybe inside a group a"main rack track" for all of the tracks.
i suspect its already possible with M4L but natively would be better.
i usually do this with midi controller but clicking with mouse is sometimes easier, and easier to automate things together

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:56 pm

midiinput and thru handling that dont sucks..

and device specivic controler assignements or the support of theese functionality many 3rd party instruments offer..what goes together with the first wish
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

zee verkawound

Post by zee verkawound » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:00 pm

You know good and damn well it does not make one iota of difference what anyone wants in version whatever. It's interesting "talk", but if it's going to happen, it's going to happen and we won't have a thing to do with it. There are issues that people have been screaming about for 6 years now and they have never been addressed in the least. I'm not quite sure what the whole "magic attraction" to Live is all about anyhow. If a person could do with Live what their imagination leads them to believe can be done with the program, there wouldn't be a single issue with respect for "user requests", but it will NEVER be that way and to think it will is no different than praying to a potato to stop the next natural disaster.

headquest

Post by headquest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 pm

I just want proper MIDI file import/export.
Freeform clip stretching in the arrangement would also be good, and auto-crossfades.
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:41 pm

The main feature I would like to see is a release date. :roll:
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

caranlor

Post by caranlor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Functional track plug-in delay compensation that also works with automation