Productivity request: Batch bounce of individual tracks

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
db2

Productivity request: Batch bounce of individual tracks

Post by db2 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Hello, this is a HUGE timesaving request from me! Like Logic and Protools, it would be SO helpful to be able to have a batch bounce option to batch bounce each individual track, and do it sequentially as a batch so I don't have to sit around for hours bouncing each track one at a time! I know that it still takes the same amount of time, but like rendering for video, I can then choose to walk away and do something else with my time instead of manning the machine doing a manual repetitive task like this!

Please HELP! :)

Db2

ollyb303

Re: Productivity request: Batch bounce of individual tracks

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:23 pm

db2 wrote:Hello, this is a HUGE timesaving request from me! Like Logic and Protools, it would be SO helpful to be able to have a batch bounce option to batch bounce each individual track, and do it sequentially as a batch so I don't have to sit around for hours bouncing each track one at a time! I know that it still takes the same amount of time, but like rendering for video, I can then choose to walk away and do something else with my time instead of manning the machine doing a manual repetitive task like this!

Db2
Unless I have misunderstood, this feature has already existed for some time: just select Rendered track: All Tracks in the Export Audio/Video window.

Apologies if you meant something else entirely.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

posssu

Post by posssu » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:38 pm

ollyb303 wrote:
db2 wrote:Hello, this is a HUGE timesaving request from me! Like Logic and Protools, it would be SO helpful to be able to have a batch bounce option to batch bounce each individual track, and do it sequentially as a batch so I don't have to sit around for hours bouncing each track one at a time! I know that it still takes the same amount of time, but like rendering for video, I can then choose to walk away and do something else with my time instead of manning the machine doing a manual repetitive task like this!

Db2
Unless I have misunderstood, this feature has already existed for some time: just select Rendered track: All Tracks in the Export Audio/Video window.

Apologies if you meant something else entirely.
Yes, this does exist, but "Render all tracks" currently renders the send-tracks as separate tracks and therefore doesn't imprint the send-data into the actual tracks. But when you solo a track, you hear both the track and the return track and this is what's missing.

Maybe there should just be another option for the "All tracks", like "All tracks with sends" that would do this instead.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

db2

Post by db2 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Thanks for all the input, I honestly didn't even see this option before. That's what I get for not thoroughly reading the manual! But yeah, with sends, and with groups, it's a bit confusing, it prints the group track with mix, and seems the individual tracks in the group are printed as if the group level is at 0db. Possibly a "render all and flatten" which prints the sends on the channels, but obviously this is not totally ideal from a routing standpoint.

Anyhow, thanks for the help!

:)

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:17 pm

HTH :wink:
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

EX

Post by EX » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:16 pm

This request is still very valid and it seems like the conversation had strayed from the major point as I see it.

You can either render "All tracks" or one track in particular, but you can't have, e.g., tracks 2, 3 and 5 rendered and no others, and its this custom functionality that would be nice to see in 9.

db2

Post by db2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:02 pm

EX wrote:This request is still very valid and it seems like the conversation had strayed from the major point as I see it.

You can either render "All tracks" or one track in particular, but you can't have, e.g., tracks 2, 3 and 5 rendered and no others, and its this custom functionality that would be nice to see in 9.
I agree!

grahamrunsran

Post by grahamrunsran » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Db2
Hey guys, found this question through google, and I've got fabulous news......I wrote an application that can do batch bouncing in ProTools and Logic! and it's FREE! I'm an music mastering engineer out of Columbus, Ohio, not a programmer, so it's not super fancy, but it does the job beautifully.

Check it out: Batch Bounce in ProTools & Logic