Live 8.2.2 out now

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3phase

Re: Live 8.2.2 out now

Post by 3phase » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:17 am

First crash after 45 minutes of use
Last edited by 3phase on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:56 am

and on the same projekt i have 10% higher cpu peaks in 8.22 than in 8.21 sometimes 20 % higher... but on the next relaunch it was back to 10% more again..what is going on here?

ok..couldnt confirm the 20% higher again,.but opretty solid 10% more on 8.2.2 or you can run 8.2.1 with a quarter of the latency to get the same readings..

Thats the price for max for life? cant you make a bugfree version of L8 without max support? as legecy version for people that dont like to invest in max hazzle?

Its pretty cruel how much hazzle and bugs peopel have to go thru just for the sake of the patching fun of the max people.. without any benefit whatsoever.. contrary.the program itself dont gets further developed on many basic things because one can do it with max for life..

so to continue with live its mandatory to get a new fast computer because the program gets to heavy..max for life amd the L9 upgrade..

quite an investment for what actually? to get back to L7 stability? or beeing part of an ongoing experiment with endless bug possibilitys?
L9 must really bring heavy improovements otherwise this all looks like reaching the critical point where it becomes stupid to comtinue...

Its allready hard to have invested so much money and time in a daw that makes it so hard to access older productions and combine them with new ones. not a good base for preproduction this way..and not good for compiling albums and stage live sets...
what is it really good for than? beeing a remote control monster that can run max patches?

is that the ideal center of a studio or the revenge of the lonely max patcher that will lure us in his dungeon to be forever trapped there?
Last edited by 3phase on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:10 am

i had three crashes in half an hour yesterday. the beta is much more stable for me.

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:03 am

macmurphy wrote: the beta is much more stable for me.
Yep, same here.
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad

lapieuvre

Post by lapieuvre » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:05 am

Has anyone else noticed that Kontact doesn't show up after updating to 8.2.2? i launched 8.2.1 and it shows up there, but when i launch 8.2.2 its unavailable.

:(
It works here.

Also: 1 crash here... but it also was the first time I used my new Akai MPK61 controller. Any issues with those?
MBP 2018, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.15.7
MBP M1 Max 64 GB Ram, OSX 14.3.1
Live 10.1.43 Suite
Live 11.3.21
Live 12 Beta
Interface : Apollo Twin duo

oneummon

Post by oneummon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:31 am

First crashes seen here for ages. Went back to 8.2.1...

fisto

Post by fisto » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:49 am

hahahahaha, fucking abes just don't get it right. This is so ridiculous and funny at the same time.
As the mighty 3phase says: finish Live8 and fuck the m4l stuff. Really!!!!!!
M4l is for programmers but Live is a music program and you should fix that or make a Live only version which is really stable without m4l.

We want to make music (also on stage), and I don't want to patch objects together man!!!! I'm a musician.

I'm so glad that i really don't use Live that much anymore. Reaper came and saved my life. And the new FruityLoops looks just really good. I'm thinking about throwing it into reaper as VSTi and then I'll have really THE KILLER COMBO where Live will NEVER EVER BE.

Cheeers!!

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:23 am

fisto wrote:hahahahaha, fucking abes just don't get it right. This is so ridiculous and funny at the same time.
As the mighty 3phase says: finish Live8 and fuck the m4l stuff. Really!!!!!!
M4l is for programmers but Live is a music program and you should fix that or make a Live only version which is really stable without m4l.

We want to make music (also on stage), and I don't want to patch objects together man!!!! I'm a musician.

I'm so glad that i really don't use Live that much anymore. Reaper came and saved my life. And the new FruityLoops looks just really good. I'm thinking about throwing it into reaper as VSTi and then I'll have really THE KILLER COMBO where Live will NEVER EVER BE.

Cheeers!!
:roll:
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad

kev herb

Post by kev herb » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:37 pm

ve been suffering ever since M4L and i dont even own it :!:
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

oneummon

Post by oneummon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:50 pm

cant you make a bugfree version of L8 without max support? as legecy version for people that dont like to invest in max hazzle?
That's a serious idea

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Tried it about 25 minutes. Put Virus Control on midi track and played it on some quick beat. Crash. :x
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

stb

Post by stb » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:07 pm

bodo wrote:Liking the new M4L features, but I'm sad that a lot of the earlier patches can't find the parameter destinations any more (e.g. 3X Parameter Sequencer). Ah well, the price of progress 8)
hi bodo

thanks for reporting that - we could nail it down. when for example asking for the devices in a track it is possible that is has none. this will now result in the keyword "<empty>" being reported (instead of no message) which makes it much easier to react to this case

unfortunately this also affects some abstractions, one of which is used in the not working device you reported

here are the fixed abstractions as a drop in replacement which should help until we release an updated content pack - so if you like please:

- download and unpack the linked file
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6267720/abstrac ... 110401.zip

- put the included max patches in the folder:

"patches/m4l-patches/LiveAPI resources/abstractions"

which is inside your Max5 program folder (they should replace their according older version that already exist in this folder)

then close and reopen any open Max and Live - your device should work again

sorry for any inconvenience

all the best
stb

dude rancher

Post by dude rancher » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:44 pm

why for the love of god cant they fix the crashes? i dont need m4l i need a stable live period.
come on guys. just a little mercy. please?

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Interesting reviews. I downloaded the beta a few weeks ago to try out some of the new M4L features. Live crashed right away. I decided to hold off one the betas again. Downloaded the latest version a couple days ago, and everything is running super smooth for me.

Not one crash, better performance, faster loading times, etc etc, just like Abes said.

Sorry to hear others are struggling, I know it sucks when things aren't working.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:00 pm

dude rancher wrote:why for the love of god cant they fix the crashes? i dont need m4l i need a stable live period.
come on guys. just a little mercy. please?
Hello,

We have fixed a number of crashes for 8.2.2, and to our knowledge not created a new one. We are using all we can to ensure that quality goes up and not down. Would you experience a crash, please send the resulting crash pack to crashes@ableton.com, and it will be analysed.

If you have a scenario where Live crashes, that you can describe in words, please do and it can be fixed right away.

It is always possible that our attention and our tools failed to catch something, and if it the case we're very, very happy to fix it as soon as possible.

Now, as for general statements, I am not sure what you are referring to with your message. Can you be a little more specific? Are you experiencing crashes? More crashes? New crashes? Are you commenting on other people posts?

Kind regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team