Upgrade Path for Max for LIve for Suite 8 owners

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
risome1

Upgrade Path for Max for LIve for Suite 8 owners

Post by risome1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:37 am

Cant we have a deal to get Max for Live say 50% off Max for LIVE
www.voltagedisciple.com
LIVE Packs and VST sounds

workistorture

Re: Upgrade Path for Max for LIve for Suite 8 owners

Post by workistorture » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:04 am

seriously! I feel like we should be getting some sort of deal or even get max for live for free because we still had to pay almost the exact same amount for Live Suite back then so I feel like we should be entitled to the same benefits...

kanuck

Post by kanuck » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:09 pm

workistorture wrote:seriously! I feel like we should be getting some sort of deal or even get max for live for free because we still had to pay almost the exact same amount for Live Suite back then so I feel like we should be entitled to the same benefits...
As much as I'd like it.. Max For Live for free wouldn't make much sense on a business approach. I believe Ableton is giving out 30% off coupons if you sign up for their newsletter.

It's like this. If you bought yourself a nice couch for $500. You came in again 8 months later and found the same couch 75% off. Would you be angry at Ikea or wherever this was? The whole point of this is too attract new Ableton Suite users.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:21 pm

kanuck wrote:It's like this. If you bought yourself a nice couch for $500. You came in again 8 months later and found the same couch 75% off. Would you be angry at Ikea or wherever this was? The whole point of this is too attract new Ableton Suite users.
I attribute it to the same impulse that compels people to act so cavalier about software piracy. Software is an intangible resource and so it's hard for people to relate value to it. This mindset only amplifies the "burn" that comes when one misses a good deal.

What people are saying with this complaint is "I'm doing you such a favor by buying your product that you owe me more!"

Hogwash. What about the favor they did you by designing the software in the first place? That's right, you paid them for it. And you got what you paid for.
Unsound Designer

prokart

Post by prokart » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:14 pm

And this is great for a student who just purchased both products (Suite 8 and M4L) around two weeks ago....
I tried to email Ableton customer care for some sort of rebate but did not receive a reply..

Fanu

Post by Fanu » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:53 am

Yeah, there's supposed to be a 30% off deal soon for Suite owners.
Actually, heh, as I was writing this, they replied to me on Twitter, saying:
"We've had a back-end issue - the coupon should get out Monday. Thank you for bearing with us!".

So...we'll be able to get a -30% discount from tomorrow on :)

I, for one, will be getting it...reading my very first Max tutorials here!

heisenberg9

Post by heisenberg9 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:19 pm

You guys think you're chuffed! I've upgraded Abelton Live to Suite and I own Max/MSP. New upgraders to Ableton Suite get Max for Live for free and I have to pay for Max for Live sitting on a copy of Suite AND a recenntly purchased box of Max/MSP for 600 bucks. Bollocks.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:52 pm

heisenberg9 wrote:You guys think you're chuffed! I've upgraded Abelton Live to Suite and I own Max/MSP. New upgraders to Ableton Suite get Max for Live for free and I have to pay for Max for Live sitting on a copy of Suite AND a recenntly purchased box of Max/MSP for 600 bucks. Bollocks.
You get M4L for $99 through the corssgrade pricing since you own Max 5, so you're in better shape than the rest of your whining brethren.
Unsound Designer

heisenberg9

Post by heisenberg9 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't Ableton just announced a deal where people upgrading to Suite get Max for Live thrown in for free.

The context of my beef comes from upgrading to Live 8 and then Suite only to discover that Live was all but unusable in it's present form due to bugs. Fast forward almost a year, I purchase Max/MSP instead of Max for Live due to instability and now Ableton is giving away MFL which they have resisted discounting (except for MaxMSP owners) and now they are giving it away to boost their own quarterly sales figures and MaxMSP owners are still required to pay for what amounts to a sidegrade/addition to an expensive program. The balance is off.

Sureno

Post by Sureno » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:44 pm

i think it fair we get a discount, its not because i feel we existing users are owed it, far from it, it would just be a nice gesture, any way wheres this 30% off link??? 8O

Fanu

Post by Fanu » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:11 am

The discount coupon should drop in our emails today.
Waiting...

Sureno

Post by Sureno » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Still would be nice to see a 50% off voucher :-(

Fanu

Post by Fanu » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Where is ze coupon....

heisenberg9

Post by heisenberg9 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Just received a Max For Live 30% discount during April email. The discount code is including in the email and is also good for Max/MSP owners who want to do the crossgrade. Thank you Ableton.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:29 pm

heisenberg9 wrote:The discount code is including in the email and is also good for Max/MSP owners who want to do the crossgrade.
Really? That's great! So you're getting for even less than $99 with the crossgrade? If so that's a smoking deal.

A deal I didn't get, btw. But do you see me bitching that you got it? :wink:
Unsound Designer