HELP! BPM problem when open saved projects

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
lusbek46

HELP! BPM problem when open saved projects

Post by lusbek46 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:35 am

i have a big problem with live 8.. when i open some saved project, the bpm tempo it's totally different than the bpm display signs, and i can't understand why..
for example, i have made a song at 128 bpm, and for sure i have saved the project at 128bpm, but today i have open this project, like yesterday and the day before yesterday, but the bpm is changed! the bpm display sign 128 but the song is really slower and the voices that i have used are totally pitched down.. i really can't understand how is it possible. if i change the bpm upper, the song change the bpm (but the display sign 135 but the time of the song it's about 128 i think) but the voices stays very slow..
how can i solve that problem?
please someone help me!!
thank you very much

Ableton_David

Re: HELP! BPM problem when open saved projects

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:38 am

Hi, let me make sure I understand your problem. It sounds like you are saving sets at one BPM, but finding that when you open these sets again, the BPM has changed. A few questions

1) do you have any BPM automation in Arrangement view?

2) What plug-ins are you using? Are any particular ones having specific problems?

3) Are you changing the warping of clips in the set? If so, did you make sure to save those changes to the asd file?

4) What version of Live are you using?

WFTD

Re: HELP! BPM problem when open saved projects

Post by WFTD » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:12 am

Hi,

I had the same problem!! And had to push it up to 135 for it to work at 128! To answer the questions above on behalf

1) No automation in arrnagement view
2) No plugins being used....just start and play (Automap opens automatically thought)
3) All tracks were warped previously and worked fine
3) version 8.2.1

I have noticed if I shut down ableton on and of a few times it works.....WEIRD!

Link below to my thread I just posted with a little more detail maybe

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=161773