iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Tarekith

Re: iPad

Post by Tarekith » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:33 pm

I want wifi sync soooo bad. Sucks having to manuallyplug in and sync the iPad and the iphone to keep them all on the same page now.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Tarekith wrote:I want wifi sync soooo bad. Sucks having to manuallyplug in and sync the iPad and the iphone to keep them all on the same page now.
I don’t really have a problem with plugging it in because that’s also charge time. If they figure out a way to also wirelessly charge then I’m all in.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:14 pm

:x

Fucking cords.

FUCKING CORDS.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:19 am

icade demo videos are starting to be revisited on the net again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7PHe85YjaE

When is this going to come out already?!? :x

For the most part I think retro games are stupid, but on an icade they are badass. I guess I need the whole package to get excited. :P

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:43 am

Do you realize that with all these new iPad music connection gizmos coming out that there is still no way to connect MIDI AND AUDIO to my MacBook without said gizmo requiring it's own power source? That NONE of them are bus powered via USB or Firewire?

FFS

How the fuck can my MOTU FUCKING ULTRALITE not need anything but a FireWire jack, but the iODock and iConnectMidi and everything else need a fucking wall wart.

Christ.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:45 am

You know what? I'm fucking excited about all the new shit coming out but we still have a LONG WAY TO FUCKING GO.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:08 am

Tarekith wrote:I want wifi sync soooo bad. Sucks having to manuallyplug in and sync the iPad and the iphone to keep them all on the same page now.
You're crossing the line there Keith. You're asking for too much. Stop now or you'll blaspheme the benevolent black-turtle-necked gods and they will deem us not worthy of their devices. Just consider yourself fortunate to wield such a magical device... and be content.
Last edited by simpleton on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:53 am

I just played Real Racing 2 through the HDMI adapter to my 42" flat screen. Impressive. I'd say the graphics are just about up there with Gran Turismo but also a console game is $60 and this is $10. The cable also sends the audio to the TV. It's the only app I tested but when not in the app it does mirror exactly what you are doing on the iPad. When scrolling through the app pages it displayed and did the same on the TV.

Now I just need to get a longer HDMI cable to test with the projector but my immediate concern is if it sends the audio through the HDMI cable will I be able to switch that to either the built-in speaker or the audio out plug otherwise I won't get any sound because the projector is just video and I need to feed the audio to the stereo separately. :x

the other obvious issue is:
LoopStationZebra wrote::x

Fucking cords.

FUCKING CORDS.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:18 am

Anybody else find it interesting that Jordan Rudes is the iPad music app super fan? I mean not only did he come out with his own app but frequently posts reviews on the iTunes store. But I don't know if a stellar review from him would inspire a purchase from me because he thinks at a higher level than most of us. I'm convinced he sleeps inside a grand piano.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:24 pm

His nickname is Rhodan, lol.

Whilst supremely talented, he really is a mega Ponce. The guy is literally willing to endorse ANYTHING.

And his own app? Morphwiz? No MIDI. :x

He's even said that he didn't want to add it because it would detract from the experience. :x

I mean, this IS the guy who was using MIDI when most of us were still in shortpants.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:24 pm

He does seem to endorse a new app weekly.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:57 pm

beats me wrote:
Anubis wrote:@beats, I got the Griffin leather case for my iPad 2. Very sleek.
Cool. Does it cover the front and back, give you access to the buttons, cameras and cable port without issue, and not add too much to the weight or size? May sound like a lot to ask for but not really.

I get Apple's concept of not wanting to cover up the sleek design of the shell with a case, but at the same time I'd rather cover it than have it get all scratched to shit. My iPad 1 looks like it just rolled off the assembly line even after a year of daily use.
Yes!
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:59 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:And his own app? Morphwiz? No MIDI. :x

He's even said that he didn't want to add it because it would detract from the experience. :x
It’s probably his way of forcing you to step away from the computer and just jam…or that’s the way he sees it.

My only real issue with him is he loves lead sounds from the 70's that sound like they were played in 70’s scifi movies. But damn, he frequently whores himself out to do demo videos of software and no matter what the genre is he can play it. I admire his dedication and constant childlike excitement over synths and playing the keyboard. I bet while the members of Dream Theater are out trying to get laid he locks himself in the bus and tweaks synths and works on his chops.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Anubis wrote:
beats me wrote:
Anubis wrote:@beats, I got the Griffin leather case for my iPad 2. Very sleek.
Cool. Does it cover the front and back, give you access to the buttons, cameras and cable port without issue, and not add too much to the weight or size? May sound like a lot to ask for but not really.

I get Apple's concept of not wanting to cover up the sleek design of the shell with a case, but at the same time I'd rather cover it than have it get all scratched to shit. My iPad 1 looks like it just rolled off the assembly line even after a year of daily use.
Yes!

That does look pretty slick. I looked on Amazon at cases made by Griffin but they all looked bulky like the old day runners. I don’t want an ipad case man purse. Have a link where I could buy the one you got?

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Got mine at Best Buy beats. Here's another view. Tats not included. Lot's more goodies here. http://www.griffintechnology.com/devices/ipad/ipad2

9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes