Konkreet Performer - a new multitouch controller

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
8O

Re: Konkreet Performer - a new multitouch controller

Post by 8O » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Hey, I'll be at Rex Club, Paris on Friday night for the Bodzin vs Romboy LUNA tour - anyone else going? Drop me a PM! :D

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:15 am

In case you missed it:

Hot on the heels of Moog's almost real polyphonic theremin, here's the next best thing: Behold the Arcturan UltraTheremin - free download for Reaktor and Konkreet Performer.

More details: http://modulations.noisepages.com/2011/ ... atheremin/

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Any update news?
:P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

UnCL0NED

Post by UnCL0NED » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:25 am

I asked them 2 weeks ago if they would implement direct midi control instead of using Osculator in the near future. They said they're working on it. Same goes for smooth transitions between different save points.

Used it yesterday to record some moving soundscapes, and I have to say, it's really a nice alternative to all the knobtwisting I normally do.
soundcloud
"everything you read on the internet is true!"

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:30 am

^ & ^^ Yup, we're currently working on the iOS CoreMIDI support - it's coming along well, but seeing as we're currently transmitting over 80 different OSC messages, it's a bit of serious coding to offer a convenient and logical mapping to the user.

Smooth transitions between snapshots is one of our most popular requests and this is definitely something else we're looking at.

Will keep you posted - cheers! :)

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:59 am

Nice! :)

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:26 am

Max/MSP + Konkreet Performer! Check out this: http://www.alkama.com/konkreetperformer/

Many thanks to the very cool alkama!

8O

Post by 8O » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Two nice and quick video tutorials on how to connect Performer to Reaktor or Ableton Live.

michi-k

Post by michi-k » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:00 pm

I am on win7 64bit. Konkreet performer works but loopmidi seems to have problems with live. I can choose konkreet performer on the optionspage in live but it shows always red when I try to use loopmidi. (correction: red with ml channel 1 + 2 green with ml but doesn't work) Midijoke seems not to work at all on 64bit systems...

Any idea?

micha

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:47 pm

Is this app going to get any new features/updates? Been months and no word. 8O :x

8O

Post by 8O » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:49 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Is this app going to get any new features/updates? Been months and no word. 8O :x
Hi LSZ, we're currently doing internal tests for the next beta - as you know we're a (very) small team, but at the same time don't want to release anything that hasn't been very thoroughly tested... can't have anything unexpected happen when KP is being used live on stage! Will keep you posted...

8O

Post by 8O » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:50 am

michi-k wrote:I am on win7 64bit. Konkreet performer works but loopmidi seems to have problems with live. I can choose konkreet performer on the optionspage in live but it shows always red when I try to use loopmidi. (correction: red with ml channel 1 + 2 green with ml but doesn't work) Midijoke seems not to work at all on 64bit systems...

Any idea?

micha
Hi Micha, we've seen this question from another Win7/64bit user in the past too, don't know if it got resolved... what are you using for the OSC->MIDI conversion, the PureData patch or the Max patch?

Edit: just asking our community on Facebook and Twitter too, see if anyone can help out..

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:29 pm

8O wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:Is this app going to get any new features/updates? Been months and no word. 8O :x
Hi LSZ, we're currently doing internal tests for the next beta - as you know we're a (very) small team, but at the same time don't want to release anything that hasn't been very thoroughly tested... can't have anything unexpected happen when KP is being used live on stage! Will keep you posted...
Cool, man. Just wanted to be sure you were still around. :wink:

michi-k

Post by michi-k » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:50 pm

...what are you using for the OSC->MIDI conversion, the PureData patch or the Max patch?
Think thats not the problem, maxpatch works but loopmidi or the performer midi interface inside live doesn't.
always lights red and no work. Any other opportunity besides loopmidi on x64?

micha

8O

Post by 8O » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:02 pm

michi-k wrote:
...what are you using for the OSC->MIDI conversion, the PureData patch or the Max patch?
Think thats not the problem, maxpatch works but loopmidi or the performer midi interface inside live doesn't.
always lights red and no work. Any other opportunity besides loopmidi on x64?

micha
Hi again - I asked around and got a pile of positive responses from our users, looks like others are successfully using both MidiYoke and LoopMidi under Win7/64-bit together with Live. Currently I only have access to a Win7/32-bit (and after fixing the UAC stuff MidiYoke runs fine), so haven't been able to check 64-bit out myself, but check out the Facebook link above for some confirmation and here's the info from one of our users via Twitter:

@konkreetlabs I use loopmidi, works great on win 64

@konkreetlabs yes. I can use KP to control fx racks. Livecontrol also works via TouchOSC (no PD) also midi and OSC control in Reaktor too.

@konkreetlabs I use it in conjunction with RTP live routing. Midi Me and SD pro work into Ableton too

@konkreetlabs getting Loupe to work helped me figure it out. See @peterdines explanation involving RTP + loopmidi http://bit.ly/q1z47W

Hope that helps a little...