Blah blah you, and your 30% off!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ansiaaa

Re: Blah blah you, and your 30% off!

Post by ansiaaa » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:52 pm

3phase wrote: in relation to a full max licence m4L is a bargain.. no question about that and even without reductions..

just that you are forced to use it one the one hand and the quite open declaration that further development of the core program itself is now in the hand of a hord of wild max patchers, on the other hand, dont sounds promissing
I see your point, but I don't think they are going to stop the development of the core software. that would be suicidal.
I know that there still are a lot of problems with Live, but I think (I hope) that Ableton is really working to fix all the various issues as they stated quite some time ago.

I take this as a moment of transition in order to get to an allaround better program.

I know I'm one of the new guys around here, and I understand the frustration for all the time the old users must have been waiting, but I guess Ableton knows that the next move with Live will be the one that decides its future and they are taking their time to release something that won't piss people off.

it's obvious that if this isn't going to happen, a lot of people will really jump at their necks this time :P

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:00 pm

ansiaaa wrote:
3phase wrote: in relation to a full max licence m4L is a bargain.. no question about that and even without reductions..

just that you are forced to use it one the one hand and the quite open declaration that further development of the core program itself is now in the hand of a hord of wild max patchers, on the other hand, dont sounds promissing
I see your point, but I don't think they are going to stop the development of the core software. that would be suicidal.
I know that there still are a lot of problems with Live, but I think (I hope) that Ableton is really working to fix all the various issues as they stated quite some time ago.

I take this as a moment of transition in order to get to an allaround better program.

I know I'm one of the new guys around here, and I understand the frustration for all the time the old users must have been waiting, but I guess Ableton knows that the next move with Live will be the one that decides its future and they are taking their time to release something that won't piss people off.

it's obvious that if this isn't going to happen, a lot of people will really jump at their necks this time :P
i envy your optimism..
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

alex pardo

Post by alex pardo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:06 am

I think that will be great 50% for ableton suite owners not only 30% :cry:

So many years with the company and only 30% 8O

BeGlitched

Post by BeGlitched » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:19 pm

I suggest emailing Ableton. They took a lot of heat for this promo and they know users are upset. If you take it one step further than just venting on forums and email Ableton, you won;t be disappointed. They gave me the 50% off coupon even though I didn't upgrade. I have been a suite user for years and haven't been able to buy m4l until now. Shoot them an email asking for a 50% off coupon.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 am

BeGlitched wrote:They took a lot of heat for this promo and they know users are upset. If you take it one step further than just venting on forums and email Ableton, you won;t be disappointed. They gave me the 50% off coupon even though I didn't upgrade. I have been a suite user for years and haven't been able to buy m4l until now. Shoot them an email asking for a 50% off coupon.

So, we should beg for a 50% off coupon?
I'll pass, thanks.
:?

Yeah, I bet the Abes lost a ton of sleep when a *very* small handful of us bitched a bit about only getting 30% off...
:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:35 pm

I don't want M4L, I wouldn't even no where to start, but I wish I could buy the step sequencer by itself.....
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:16 am

cmreal04 wrote:I don't want M4L, I wouldn't even no where to start, but I wish I could buy the step sequencer by itself.....
so, your post pretty much cancels itself out.

thanks for playing.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:07 am

Tone Deft wrote:
cmreal04 wrote:I don't want M4L, I wouldn't even no where to start, but I wish I could buy the step sequencer by itself.....
so, your post pretty much cancels itself out.

thanks for playing.
lol, fair enough, I did throw it to the abe wish group tho.
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 pm

BeGlitched wrote:I suggest emailing Ableton. They took a lot of heat for this promo and they know users are upset. If you take it one step further than just venting on forums and email Ableton, you won;t be disappointed. They gave me the 50% off coupon even though I didn't upgrade. I have been a suite user for years and haven't been able to buy m4l until now. Shoot them an email asking for a 50% off coupon.
That's a bad move by the Abes imo. They're just creating another layer of pissed off customers... when the 30% off buyers get wind of this they'll be like wtf, if you send an email you get an extra 20% off... why didn't anybody tell me?!
Image Image

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:58 pm

polyslax wrote:

That's a bad move by the Abes imo. They're just creating another layer of pissed off customers... when the 30% off buyers get wind of this they'll be like wtf, if you send an email you get an extra 20% off... why didn't anybody tell me?!
I agree, the internet is filled to the brim with belligerent idiots wailing and gnashing their teeth.

I am right now on a raging kill-frenzy-campaign, because those bastards at PicturedoodlePRO only offered me 30% off their fantasmabrush2000 pack.
Don't they know I'm dying here? I literally cannot paint a picture of a fractal unicorn without this. Those Bastards!
etc.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:58 pm

i've got the fantasma2000 brushes.
they suck.
my unicorns looks like shit.
i blame the brushes.