8.2.2 just as buggy as ever

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xzusa8ky

Re: 8.2.2 just as buggy as ever

Post by xzusa8ky » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:57 am

Forget Live!

I did switch to Reason 5 and have been more creative than ever before. I love the concept of Live but it is a shame how bad the Ableton programmers are. Everytime i try to work with Live it will for sure crash and i am so tired of being non productive when using Live. The interresting thing is that Reason 5 did never crash on me, thats what i call a proffesional software you can trust.

Live is now at version 8.2.2 and Ableton didnt learn anything they still shit on the users who are supporting them and i will for sure not buy Live 9 before i know they get some new programmers who can do more than drinking coffee and release buggy software.

But yes they are very important and cool so why should they bother about us? These BUG problems are chronic for Ableton the release history and this user forum is documentation on how bad the programmers are! Tons of users complaining and nothing happens? People are waiting months for getting a even more unstabel piece of software thats a JOKE!

They are promising features which they remove again without asking the people who support them? They are implenting MAX? what a joke! Every older audiofreak knows that pluggos software and the concept is a joke and crashes since OS9.........But who knows maybe theres somebody out there now working on a concept like Live but stabel and packed with the features that Live lacks for years, they would surely get my attention and money................

I lost my Faith In Ableton.................. :evil:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

kb420

Post by kb420 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:11 am

xzusa8ky wrote:I lost my Faith In Ableton.................. :evil:
Here you go man:

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Cool Character

Post by Cool Character » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:29 am

hahahaha funny jokes.

420 smoek weed everyday.

fx23

Post by fx23 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:32 am

self censored useless rant

photonal

Post by photonal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:36 am

ilia wrote:I wish Ableton would compile a version of Live 8 that's basically 7.0.18 + new Live devices + Live 8 functions that don't break stability (Complex Pro, fades, groups)
This will be known as Live 9 shortly...

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 am

dude rancher wrote:for those of you with no issues i dare you to use omniphere or tillian or max for live with either. serious problems exist with 8.2.2
I use four M4L plugs, three Reaktor plugs, Bomes, Numerology, six Koreplayer plugs, two ohmforce plugs, a bunch of external hardware, Midi to CV, CV to midi. Still no problems here. :mrgreen:

Simbosan

Post by Simbosan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 am

You stump up the cash, I will be the guinea pig!
Ableton 9 Suite - Ozone 5
Room full of guitars!
Akai EWI USB : Loads of Sample Modeling instruments (the best ever!)
M-Audio FastTrack Pro
Turbo Nutter B*stard >>>> WINDOWS <<<< PC
Simbosan on Soundcloud

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 am

Rabalder wrote:
dude rancher wrote:for those of you with no issues i dare you to use omniphere or tillian or max for live with either. serious problems exist with 8.2.2
I use four M4L plugs, three Reaktor plugs, Bomes, Numerology, six Koreplayer plugs, two ohmforce plugs, a bunch of external hardware, Midi to CV, CV to midi. Still no problems here. :mrgreen:

what computer do you use?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

wascal

Post by wascal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:50 am

photonal wrote:
ilia wrote:I wish Ableton would compile a version of Live 8 that's basically 7.0.18 + new Live devices + Live 8 functions that don't break stability (Complex Pro, fades, groups)
This will be known as Live 9 shortly...

:lol:

Glad I was skint at upgrade time for v8. Will def pick up Live 9 around release date though, I'm guessing its going to be incredibly well beta tested after the problems with 8.
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

Simbosan

Post by Simbosan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Logic: I use squizzillions of 3rd party s/w therefore any and all crashes must be Ableton.
Ableton 9 Suite - Ozone 5
Room full of guitars!
Akai EWI USB : Loads of Sample Modeling instruments (the best ever!)
M-Audio FastTrack Pro
Turbo Nutter B*stard >>>> WINDOWS <<<< PC
Simbosan on Soundcloud

dude rancher

Post by dude rancher » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Simbosan wrote:Logic: I use squizzillions of 3rd party s/w therefore any and all crashes must be Ableton.
this logic is correct. tons of 3rd party plugins crash ableton this is fact. some users use different combinations with different outcomes. it just freakin needs to be fixed.

Bionecteur

Post by Bionecteur » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Simbosan wrote:Logic: I use squizzillions of 3rd party s/w therefore any and all crashes must be Ableton.
Generally I am with you...but ... I use Trilian ; Albino3 or Speakerphone in Ableton : Crash-galoure; use this pluck in MAschine 1.6 (standalone) : no problem... :roll:
ritsch, ratsch, klick

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:03 pm

dude rancher wrote:
this logic is correct. tons of 3rd party plugins crash ableton this is fact. some users use different combinations with different outcomes. it just freakin needs to be fixed.

i just started to try some hardware emulations.. the audiorealism ABL and Drumazon from D-16

my crash rate is going up... just 2 plugs. and professional made ones.....

i think its safe to say that you cant use life with 3rd party plugs..
at least not on stage,.

maybe they could slim te program significantly by removing VST and AU support and focus on theier max integration..than people can patch theire own plug ins and learn a lot for life this way.

necho

Post by necho » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:17 pm

dude rancher wrote:
I don't usually bother weighing into these threads, but this is actually relevant to my workflow. The MAJOR problem with Live for me is the CPU spiking you get when running plugins.

I have recently tired several A/B tests, running identical plugins (and combinations of plugins) in Live, Reaper and Logic. Live fails utterly when it comes to performance. For example, U-he's new TyrellN6 synth is a little heavy on the CPU cycles, but in Live I get epic spikes that completely trash audio playback. Other hosts do not cause this, and the base level CPU usage is significantly lower. This is not just one plugin either - it can be reproduced with many combinations of FX and instruments.

I'm not an Ableton hater, but for me, this just isn't good enough. In terms of functionality, Live *should* be the ultimate plugin host. I have to say, I am tired of waiting for this to be fixed, and Ableton's lack of communication with users is getting very worrying. The policy of staying aloof and not engaging with users is becoming incredibly counter-productive.

I make software for a living, and I'd never second guess a development team. But every time I fire up my $40 DAW and think of the HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of pounds I've spent on Ableton stuff, I get a little more angry.
_________
sigs suck.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:28 pm

necho wrote:
dude rancher wrote:
I don't usually bother weighing into these threads, but this is actually relevant to my workflow. The MAJOR problem with Live for me is the CPU spiking you get when running plugins.

I have recently tired several A/B tests, running identical plugins (and combinations of plugins) in Live, Reaper and Logic. Live fails utterly when it comes to performance. For example, U-he's new TyrellN6 synth is a little heavy on the CPU cycles, but in Live I get epic spikes that completely trash audio playback. Other hosts do not cause this, and the base level CPU usage is significantly lower. This is not just one plugin either - it can be reproduced with many combinations of FX and instruments.

I'm not an Ableton hater, but for me, this just isn't good enough. In terms of functionality, Live *should* be the ultimate plugin host. I have to say, I am tired of waiting for this to be fixed, and Ableton's lack of communication with users is getting very worrying. The policy of staying aloof and not engaging with users is becoming incredibly counter-productive.

I make software for a living, and I'd never second guess a development team. But every time I fire up my $40 DAW and think of the HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of pounds I've spent on Ableton stuff, I get a little more angry.

come on be fair.. ableton has only a handfull of autodidactic hobby coders..
As we can see in this unusal honnest video
http://www.ableton.com/de/developer-jobs

They cant compete with the pros..and even in the open source community many pros are engaged in theire freetimes..or students that will be pro..

Ableton is a small company they can´t afford to hire expensiv coders.. for that what one pro coder costs the month you pay the complete ableton staff.