iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Tarekith wrote:
beats me wrote:EA is having a big Easter sale.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/04/ea-h ... sale-check
Sweet, and I was actually going to buy dead space this weekend too!  9.99 down to 0.99, awesome!
Appadvice.com is a good site to monitor. They usually have a daily list of iOS that have gone free and announce when apps are on sale, sometimes only for that day. They also have their own app that is a mirror of the site but a lot easier on the eyes and has direct links to the iTunes store.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:38 pm

beats me wrote:
Tarekith wrote:
beats me wrote:EA is having a big Easter sale.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/04/ea-h ... sale-check
Sweet, and I was actually going to buy dead space this weekend too!  9.99 down to 0.99, awesome!
Appadvice.com is a good site to monitor. They usually have a daily list of iOS that have gone free and announce when apps are on sale, sometimes only for that day. They also have their own app that is a mirror of the site but a lot easier on the eyes and has direct links to the iTunes store.

But we have YOU for that. GOD BLESS YOU, BEATS. God Bless You, Sir. :x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:04 pm

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:46 pm

HBO is releasing in app in May that brings ALL of their original series to the iPad via streaming. Every episode.

Awesome.

But how much do you wanna bet that AirPlay isn't going to be supported.

:x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Got a link with the info on that? I have a friend dying to see Game Of Thrones and not wanting to wait until it comes out on DVD if possible.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:10 am

Tarekith wrote:Got a link with the info on that? I have a friend dying to see Game Of Thrones and not wanting to wait until it comes out on DVD if possible.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/19/hbo- ... android-d/

The ad that's on this page..just saw that today. 8O

If there's no AirPlay support that would stuck. But that's why the Lord and Steve Jobs invented that new HDMI cable for the iPad.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:12 am

I'm suffering through the first episode of Game of Thrones.

I'm not getting the incredible buzz that this show is generating.

I'm finding it kind of tedious, really.

I mean, people were comparing it to like Lord of the Rings and shit and I'm like....wtf? Seriously? Lord of the fucking RINGS?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:17 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Tarekith wrote:Got a link with the info on that? I have a friend dying to see Game Of Thrones and not wanting to wait until it comes out on DVD if possible.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/19/hbo- ... android-d/

The ad that's on this page..just saw that today. 8O

If there's no AirPlay support that would stuck. But that's why the Lord and Steve Jobs invented that new HDMI cable for the iPad.

Reading the comments on that Engadget page shows how utterly and totally fucked up the entire cable industry is... I mean, I knew this but reading about it tonight just depressed the shit out of me.

For instance, that app. If your cable company doesn't support the app, you're fucked.

I mean... :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:30 am

The fact that, at this point in time, nearly every eBook version of recent novels are more expensive than their paperback counterparts = :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:52 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:I'm suffering through the first episode of Game of Thrones.

I'm not getting the incredible buzz that this show is generating.

I'm finding it kind of tedious, really.

I mean, people were comparing it to like Lord of the Rings and shit and I'm like....wtf? Seriously? Lord of the fucking RINGS?

Way better than LOTR IMO. Then ag.ain I like the books A LOT.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:00 pm

There’s speculation that the Alesis MIDI dock isn’t built to accommodate the iPad 2. Jackasses. And at $200 I say meh.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:35 pm

President Do Nothing uses an iPad 2.

He's also the only black man seen with an iPad.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Kickstarter projects. I don’t know if this is solely an iOS device phenomenon but there seems to be a lot of people with ideas or prototypes that want the general public to shell out money ahead of time to help them bring it to mass production. I wonder what the success rate is with these projects. It can already be annoying when an existing company throws a teaser at you with no planned release date but it’s even more annoying when a startup also wants your money to maybe make it happen. Is this an extension of Obama’s hope? :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:09 pm

beats me wrote:There’s speculation that the Alesis MIDI dock isn’t built to accommodate the iPad 2. Jackasses. And at $200 I say meh.

Did you just read this? Because Alesis put out a press release a few weeks ago saying the iPad2 will work.

Oddly enough, there was a little blurb on the product page at their website stating this, but it's vanished. 8O

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:There’s speculation that the Alesis MIDI dock isn’t built to accommodate the iPad 2. Jackasses. And at $200 I say meh.

Did you just read this? Because Alesis put out a press release a few weeks ago saying the iPad2 will work.

Oddly enough, there was a little blurb on the product page at their website stating this, but it's vanished. 8O

You don't need that with this.
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.