APC40 - Step Sequencer, Note Mode, 2nd Device Control, etc.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
next

Re: APC40 - Step Sequencer, Note Mode, 2nd Device Control, etc.

Post by next » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:30 pm

The native apc40 driver works in live 8.2.2, but APC-64_40 script doesn't. :(

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:04 pm

drchoc wrote:Just want to add my thanks to Hanz and ask if anyone knows if the apc-64-40 script will work ok in the latest update of live 8.22?

Thanks

:D
Havent tried 8.2.2 yet, I will be doing that tonight after work though.

Hanz_Petrov

Post by Hanz_Petrov » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:19 am

Hey all,

Thanks for the heads-up. Quick fix APC 64_40 rev 1a is now available from my blog. Should be working with Live 8.2.2, but let me know if you find any bugs.

Best,

Hanz
http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/ - an introduction to the Framework classes

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:52 am

DAMN HANZ that was quick.
Haven't given it the full test, but the sequencer stuff is definitely working now.

THANKS MAN! You RULE!!!!

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:52 pm

.........Hanz........can you conjure up a way to make your script have a 'Kapture' like function within......?????
respect in advance.........

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Captain Johnson wrote:.........Hanz........can you conjure up a way to make your script have a 'Kapture' like function within......?????
respect in advance.........
That would be sweet fer sure. Kapture is already working out great as an addition. Do you not have M4L or something?

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:17 pm

no M4L.......yet. would be great for this script to contain a kapture function though....eh??

Fairland

Post by Fairland » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:43 am

Great work my friend.
Last edited by Fairland on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Captain Johnson wrote:no M4L.......yet. would be great for this script to contain a kapture function though....eh??
Of course it would, but it would be even greater if the Kapture idea worked a little better. Since 8.2.2 and the ability to capture nested racks etc, Kapture can be slow. Even with minimal amounts of stuff in your set. However I am using a 2008 MBP pre unibody. Maybe people are having all the instantaneous Kapturing with newer laptops. I'm curious to know if an SSD would make things like Kapture work better.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:56 pm

@Hanz,

Is it possible to "highlight the playing clip," and assign the track number for the playing clip in the code, so when you push Shift+Master and enter the Sequencing Mode, it will always highlight the playing clip on the track that is used by the sequencer.

For example I use the sequencer for drums only. When I navigate away from my Drums Midi Clips when the APC40 is in default mode, and then go back to sequence mode, I have to highlight the Drum Clip manually to re-engage the sequencer.

It would be cool to see some kind of option in your script where you could assign the track number, AND toggle on and off "hilghlight playing clip" in case people use it for several tracks in one set.

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:20 am

I just wanted to say that this script has redefined the use I get out of my APC. I am wondering though if there's an option or an easy way to port the code over to an APC20? I picked one up for a bit more portability and would love to see the implementation. Thanks in advance if anyone has something like this ported. :)

carrieres

Post by carrieres » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:19 pm

skatr2 wrote:I just wanted to say that this script has redefined the use I get out of my APC. I am wondering though if there's an option or an easy way to port the code over to an APC20? I picked one up for a bit more portability and would love to see the implementation. Thanks in advance if anyone has something like this ported. :)
here ? :
http://hanzoffsystems.tech.officelive.c ... _20_r4.rar
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1 and MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad PRO
Intel i7-7700HQ, Windows 10, Ableton Live 10 Suite
http://soundcloud.com/ccarrieres

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Oh sweet! Anyone have any tips on porting in the step sequencer thats on the 40? After numerous attempts (before I saw this mod), I had no luck. Just thought I would see if anyone else has accomplished this feet?

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:38 pm

OK, So I had switched over to using Mark Egloff's sequencer patch, and tried to mod it to get velocity values with no luck. HOWEVER I learned a lot more about M4L and the APC40. I had been wanting to figure out how to get Hanz's script to bypass the "Shift+" so I would not have to use the shift button to get into a Shifted Matrix Mode. This would enable FAST mode switching when pressing a Track Selection Button.

So using a M4L patch, if you use the path to access the Matrix Modes, something like "path control_surfaces 1 components ###" whatever the number is for the Matrix Modes component, I forget the number but you can find it with the LOM Navigator or a few other ways. So you send that path, "path control_surfaces 1 components ###" to a live.path object, and the live.path to a live.object. Now in the left most inlet of the live.object you can send a message "call set_mode 1" being Mode 1, "call set_mode 2" being Mode 2, and so on. This will get you directly to a mode without shift clicking.

HOWEVER, I cant seem to figure out what message to send to "call" default mode, or call sequencer mode. I did figure out how to use some M4L patching to emulate pushing Shift+1 or Shift+Master, but this is a little glitchy sometimes.

If anyone out there knows the calls to send to Hanz's script to directly get into Default Mode or Seq Mode, I'd LOVE to KNOW!

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 pm

bump