Changing presets...I don't want to! Help!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
sir_dss

Changing presets...I don't want to! Help!

Post by sir_dss » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi...

I'm using the latest version on Live and running NI's Razor.

I've found some midi clips on line that I want to experiment with but every time I start the midi clip it changes the sound I've made in Razor to a preset.

How can I turn off this function in Live that keeps changing back to Razor's preset?

thanks!

yur2die4

Re: Changing presets...I don't want to! Help!

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Double-click the MIDI Clip. Look at the Bank, Sub Bank, and Program settings. Make sure they are all off basically.

There may also be automation in the clip? If that is the case, check the Clip's Automation Envelope, and check to see if any of the MIDI CC's have a red square next to them :)

antarktika

Re: Changing presets...I don't want to! Help!

Post by antarktika » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:02 am

yur2die4 wrote:Double-click the MIDI Clip. Look at the Bank, Sub Bank, and Program settings. Make sure they are all off basically.
*THIS*

I had the same problem a while back, I was exporting midi chord progressions out of a program, and they were all loading into live with program change messages in their clips.
where it says "program" with 1 selected in this pic, you should see something similar in your clip setting, this happens a lot with downloaded midi clips. just deselect it and you should be set.