iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:04 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:There’s speculation that the Alesis MIDI dock isn’t built to accommodate the iPad 2. Jackasses. And at $200 I say meh.

Did you just read this? Because Alesis put out a press release a few weeks ago saying the iPad2 will work.

Oddly enough, there was a little blurb on the product page at their website stating this, but it's vanished. 8O

:x

I read about it from a third party. I'm assuming since the iPad 2 is smaller that it will work but not fit as snugly.

Still not excited about any of it though. I'm sure there's still proprietary BS involved and companies trying to figure out how they can squeeze another dime out of other companies and the consumer. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:25 pm

simpleton wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:There’s speculation that the Alesis MIDI dock isn’t built to accommodate the iPad 2. Jackasses. And at $200 I say meh.

Did you just read this? Because Alesis put out a press release a few weeks ago saying the iPad2 will work.

Oddly enough, there was a little blurb on the product page at their website stating this, but it's vanished. 8O

You don't need that with this.

Eh. No audio handling. :x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:44 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
your iPad didn't come with a sound chip? Do you have to pay Apple extra for those?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:36 pm

simpleton wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:
your iPad didn't come with a sound chip? Do you have to pay Apple extra for those?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:06 pm

^ for real?

lame :(

i got no jokes for that. not. funny.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:17 pm

I don't know what you guys are going on about. No there isn't a direct audio input jack on the iPad but you can get audio in with a special adapter plugged into the headphone jack.

...as evidenced by several well advertised lackluster "recorded entirely with an iPad" album releases. :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 pm

jebus chris. and you guys complain about Windows :roll:

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:09 am

beats me wrote:I don't know what you guys are going on about. No there isn't a direct audio input jack on the iPad but you can get audio in with a special adapter plugged into the headphone jack.

...as evidenced by several well advertised lackluster "recorded entirely with an iPad" album releases. :x
I think simpleton is simply :wink: curious about what LSZ means by "no audio handling"? in response to my awesome invention. I too am curious what he means by this. It is well documented that there are several ways to get audio into the iPad.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Anubis wrote: It is well documented that there are several ways to get audio into the iPad.
are none of them intentional? i mean, are they all some kind of Max4Live version of using an iPad the way you want rather than the way Apple designed it?

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:01 pm

WE NEED TO GET H2 AN IPAD!! :x

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:02 pm

H20nly wrote:
Anubis wrote: It is well documented that there are several ways to get audio into the iPad.
are none of them intentional? i mean, are they all some kind of Max4Live version of using an iPad the way you want rather than the way Apple designed it?
You have to be in cahoots with them like Line 6 and IKMM.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Jebus, people. PAY ATTENTION.

Simpleton was saying that one doesn't need the iODock from Alesis because Anubis created his own interface.

Anubis' interface, awesome as it is, doesn't handle audio - only MIDI.

The iODock handles BOTH. Via the dock connector port, I might add.

iPads are fully capable of data and audio via the dock.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:41 pm

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:08 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Jebus, people. PAY ATTENTION.

Simpleton was saying that one doesn't need the iODock from Alesis because Anubis created his own interface.

There are several audio interfaces that have been proven to work with iPad via USB hub through the CCK. This place is a good resource for that type of info. Maybe Anubis can test an audio interface working alongside a midi controller on battery power with his gizmo? Or maybe he'll need to take another visit to the Coral Castle for inspiration? Is the iO Dock bus powered? Or does it require a wall wart?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:15 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Jebus, people. PAY ATTENTION.

You took way too long to explain yourself Mister and I attempted to jump in and help out but I have nowhere near the amount of knowledge you have as the official iPad MIDI Disappointment Liaison. :x