Anyone using a Roland D2 to control live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wisemonkey

Anyone using a Roland D2 to control live?

Post by wisemonkey » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:11 pm

Tip and tricks anyone? I can imagine the potential here, but I am having difficulty getting live to recognise much useful midi from my D2. I'm using it with a Roland UM-1 usb-midi interface in os X.

Cheers.
WiseMonkey
ooo oo ooo

MASTERFADER

: Anyone using a Roland D2 to control

Post by MASTERFADER » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:13 pm

WiseMonkey the D2 can send any midi note and control messages.this allows you to automate any parameter in Live, fader, pan ,VST effects and any two at a time because of the X / Y control surface . The D2 can also do its own tricks like vinyl effects and in pad mode you can fire off clips in Live

wisemonkey

Post by wisemonkey » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:25 am

Hey MasterFader,

That's great news. I figured it was going to be a useful box. I'm having trouble assigning the live parameters to the d2 - I've tried a bunch of different settings on the d2, but live only seems to get some note-on midi messages - do you know how to set the d2 up to transmit to live?
WiseMonkey
ooo oo ooo

MASTERFADER

: Anyone using a Roland D2 to control live?

Post by MASTERFADER » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:39 pm

Wisemonkey to assign a CC event on the D2 you have to hold down assign 2 and turn the jog wheel till you see E=T. Now it is set to send the default CC events X=CC 10 Y=CC 7. I don't have the unit with me so to assign different CC# you'll have to look in the manual under assign 2 external control.