What do you plan to do in the furture?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Cryptic UK

Re: What do you plan to do in the furture?

Post by Cryptic UK » Tue May 10, 2011 11:37 am

Goddard wrote:What would you do without electricity, communication, administration, health support, food supplies?
Rejoice
Drums

niksG

Post by niksG » Tue May 10, 2011 11:42 am

To become a persion... and a rockstar...

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Tue May 10, 2011 12:50 pm

niksG wrote:To become a persion... and a rockstar...
Might need to cut down on the Vaporizers first.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue May 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Goddard wrote:Talking future? What about quite high risk of solar storm within next two years? Nobody knows if it will wipe our technology out for sure, but what if it would?
What would you do without electricity, communication, administration, health support, food supplies? Any ideas?
I'd probably be kidnapping people like you to use for food.
Unsound Designer

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Tue May 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Goddard wrote:Talking future? What about quite high risk of solar storm within next two years? Nobody knows if it will wipe our technology out for sure, but what if it would?
What would you do without electricity, communication, administration, health support, food supplies? Any ideas?
Nobody believed that Katrina would be that disastrous, as I recall...
I would use my APC40 along with some sticks to make a trap to catch small animals; the APC40 should be heavy enough to pin them down. Then I would bludgeon them to death with my Launchpad; it's lighter so I should be able to swing it a little faster. Then I would eat them.

In my spare time I would design M4L patches in the sand with a stick.
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue May 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Nobody believed that Katrina would be that disastrous, as I recall...
I honestly believe this would be better than the alternative. Over the next decade or two we're going to see a STEEP drop off in oil supply which will cause similar, if not the same problems, except over the course of a generation instead of all at once. Personally, I'd love the band aid to be ripped off quickly so we at least have the current foundation to work with.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue May 10, 2011 4:14 pm

yeah, what are we, the inventors of all this electrical and oil dependent crap going to do if we can't use it? it'll be like 125 years ago all over again! *gasp* humanity could never survive something like that. never.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue May 10, 2011 5:09 pm

H20nly wrote:yeah, what are we, the inventors of all this electrical and oil dependent crap going to do if we can't use it? it'll be like 125 years ago all over again! *gasp* humanity could never survive something like that. never.
I have faith that we could, at least in this country and a few others, though it would take quite a bit of effort. Community organization will be key to moving on, but a lot of other countries are fucked. Clean water and good land to till will be gold.

If you look at the growth of population over the last 200 years we had huge spikes when we discovered coal as a power source, then oil came and we exponentially grew. To think that this is sustainable would be funny if it wasn't so scary. We are in for a major world wide crash, economies, population, oil supply, everything.

It's coming, and it's coming in my lifetime. Plan for my future? I've already started a vegetable garden and plan on using my yard to help feed my family and help out my neighbors. I also plan to get very involved in our local process over the next decade and hope to lead my community so that everyone can prosper despite the huge challenges we face.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

kev herb

Post by kev herb » Tue May 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Within 2 years I'll be living in a cave and catching fish with my teeth. 8O
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue May 10, 2011 10:54 pm

I'll be in the cave next to you gathering other shit that goes well with the fish.
Platonically. Maybe build some hammocks and brew some ayahuasca....
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Wed May 11, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Wed May 11, 2011 5:15 am

kev herb wrote:Within 2 years I'll be living in a cave and catching fish with my teeth. 8O

my precioussssssss..

theoriva

Post by theoriva » Wed May 11, 2011 12:54 pm

retire on a Greek Island.... 8)

abl385

Post by abl385 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Finish with my exams and start composing again after so many months now. Life can be sad without music.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed May 11, 2011 3:05 pm

My vision of the "furture" would be that modern cities have become emptied out like in 12 Monkeys or I Am Legend(?) and the remaining populations went back to live at the ancient spots where structures are still standing Ancient Egypt/MesoAmerica/Angtor Thom, etc EXCEPT there's a future twist that we've utilized geo-powered technology so we still have wireless technology and internet. Imagine the ancient structures having neon trim like Tron, OLED and fire will be main source of light, and I'll still have an old Camaro or Mustang and Mountain Dew.
In short, back to ancient civilizations but still with wireless technology, internet, roadsters (obviously modified to run on corn oil) and soft drinks. Beer and Wine is a no brainer because that's always been around, and all those other natural forming psychotropics :lol:
Hell, maybe some will be savvy enough to hack idle satellites to do some interesting shit for entertainment.
ImageImage

evaodland

Post by evaodland » Wed May 11, 2011 6:53 pm

get a boob job...become more depressed...drink...buy some analog synth...repeat last three