Freeze creates multiple different files

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
iJov_Carter

Freeze creates multiple different files

Post by iJov_Carter » Sun May 22, 2011 2:04 pm

I have a very simple set that consists of a single audio file in Track 1 Scene 1, with warp markers inserted on 1 and 3 of every bar and the tempo increased by 9 clicks. The file has also been cropped, though I'm not sure that is relevant.

When I right click and "Freeze Track", Live creates the following files in the Samples>Processed>Freeze folder: Freeze 1-Audio.wav and Freeze 1-Audio-1.wav. If I load these two into Track 2 Scene 1 and Track 3 Scene 1, turn off warp for the new clips, insert the Utility>Invert Effect on both, Launch Scene 1 so that all three clips are playing in sync, and mute one or the other freeze clips, only Freeze 1-Audio-1.wav nulls with the original frozen clip, resulting in no audio at the Master. When Freeze 1-Audio.wav plays with polarity inverted against the original frozen clip it does not null, indicating that it is not identical to the original frozen clip.

Why does Live create two freeze files, why are they different, and why isn't Freeze 1-Audio.wav identical to the original frozen clip?

Thanks,

kj

longjohns

Re: Freeze creates multiple different files

Post by longjohns » Sun May 22, 2011 5:12 pm

freeze makes a clip for the arrangement, too. could that be it?

iJov_Carter

Re: Freeze creates multiple different files

Post by iJov_Carter » Sun May 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Thank you! That's exactly what was happening. When I cleared the arrangement view only one file was created and it nulled perfectly. Good to know that when you freeze a track in session view it also freezes whatever is in arrangement view.

Thanks!

kj