Weird results importing Kontakt .nki

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
eric_c

Weird results importing Kontakt .nki

Post by eric_c » Mon May 23, 2011 3:45 am

I've downloaded a Kontakt instrument (The "Novachord" pack pack here: http://www.hollowsun.com/HS2/freepacks/index.htm) but when I import it into Live I get strange results.

Here's a screenshot for you:

You can see there that the zones associated with each sample look screwed up. I'm going to assume each sample (since each one is one note) should be assigned to one individual keyboard note. But some of them are and some of them are assigned to multiple.

Each sample is also listed twice, each assigned a root key of either C2 or G8 with a detune of either +48 or -48.

Any idea what's going on here? Really hoping I can get away with just importing the NKI rather than building the instrument from scratch, sample by sample. =\ Thanks!

Akshara

Re: Weird results importing Kontakt .nki

Post by Akshara » Mon May 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Having one sample across several keys is common, and probably the way the original nki is laid out. The two notes per key is likely two different articulations that are each supposed to be assigned to a Velocity range, where one plays in the high velocities and one in the lower.

This has happened for me as well, with other nki files. It is like Sampler doesn't recognize Velocity crossfade assignments on import, and so assigns every note the full velocity range. The only thing that worked for me was to manually edit the imported file and then to resave it.

After doing that enough times, I eventually gave in and purchased Kontakt, which worked too.

eric_c

Post by eric_c » Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

All righty, thanks for the help!

wald

Post by wald » Fri May 27, 2011 7:08 pm

I have the same experience.
Sampler seems unable to import even the most basic Kontakt patches.