Best Sounding DAW

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nylarch

Re: Best Sounding DAW

Post by nylarch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Britney Spears Dubstep
yikes.
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

perplex

Post by perplex » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:52 pm

do you guys really hate britney spears, or just saying those things because you notice everyone else hates britney spears?

i dont listen to her music, but i dont mind her at all.

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:02 pm

perplex wrote:do you guys really hate britney spears, or just saying those things because you notice everyone else hates britney spears?

i dont listen to her music, but i dont mind her at all.
You mean as a person? Never met her, dude. :)
But she doesn't have the charisma of Timberlake, or the adaptability of Madonna. She tried to push the whole "pop on the edge" thing for a while then Gaga came along and smashed the shit out of her on those stakes too. Toxic was a good song, and that was a loooooong time ago in pop. Considering the people she works with, she should have better hooks, better imagery, better branding. She doesn't fit anywhere now. So yeah: dull, dull, dull. Hate is a strong word.

Fisto: You need thicker skin, especially if you're making pop remixes in the flavour-of-the-month genre.
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

evon

Post by evon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:05 pm

ollyb303 wrote:
evon wrote:Hehehe..you know its amazin.. :lol: :lol: :lol: even though this topic is such a beaten track...it amazes me to see how it still continues to attract so much attention.
It's because pricks like you and fisto won't stop banging on about it and there's a whole world of us who can't just sit idly by while you spout constant bullshit without providing any technical evidence.
"The proof of the pudding is in the eating" what more evidence do you need? If ten cooks use the same recipe/algorithm I can guarantee that the culinary expert or even a "lay eater" will detect quite easily the difference between them all. So it brings in the factor of timing for one.
fe real!

fisto

Post by fisto » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:09 pm

perplex wrote:but it seems like the higher frequences are dominating the entire mix. am i the only one that hears this?
thank you. Just checked again and here it sounds quite balanced on all Systems (monitors, hifi & both headphones)
Cezband wrote:Fisto: You need thicker skin, especially if you're making pop remixes in the flavour-of-the-month genre.
don't feel offended here :)

evon

Post by evon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Cezband wrote:
H20nly wrote: well, gotta go :arrow: there's this forum for this product i don't really care for that much, i need to log in and try to sound educated while i complain about that item for a while. :roll:
I had a similar mental image involving sitting down to eat at my favourite restaurant only for someone to come bursting in shouting about how everyone should eat at the place down the road. "Cool, you prefer the food at the other place. Why aren't you there? I'm trying to eat, man."
:roll:
That's my point exactly..if all you peeps know that it is just a placebo effect, and you are sure that all DAWs sound the same then why are you here? Beats me, are you all so bone headed?!
fe real!

evon

Post by evon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:13 pm

fisto wrote:yeah guys. I would rather believe some numbers than my ears :?:

Better heave a listen at my latest Britney Spears Dubstep-Remix :mrgreen:

http://soundcloud.com/fistognosticated/ ... vs-britney

Written in Live but mixed and further sounddesign in Reaper :mrgreen:
Cheerselot

Then go into the numbers business and leave your ears outta this.
fe real!

evon

Post by evon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:17 pm

fisto wrote:yeah guys. I would rather believe some numbers than my ears :?:

Better heave a listen at my latest Britney Spears Dubstep-Remix :mrgreen:

http://soundcloud.com/fistognosticated/ ... vs-britney

Written in Live but mixed and further sounddesign in Reaper :mrgreen:
Cheerselot
Threadjacker..we are trying to have a post going here :evil:
fe real!

fisto

Post by fisto » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:22 pm

i posted it to make stuff more relaxed here :mrgreen:
It's nicer to fight with some bass in the background :lol: :lol:

dbfs

Post by dbfs » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Internet hive mentality at its best! The amount of tag along douchbags on this forum never ceases to amaze me. :roll:

Fisto - I thought your track was well done, who cares if its Britney's voice. The craftsmanship of the work and mix is what should be noted here. None of these fruitcups would have knew it if you didn't tell them. They're just hatin to hate.. The usual BS that goes on in this preschool. Bunch of talentless, blowhard amatuers on this forum if you havent figured that out by now. :lol:

Congratz to you for finally figuring out that mixing in Live is only setting yourself up for mediocrity. ESPECIALLY when you have a lot of tracks and plugs/vsti's. That's when live just goes down hill. No number crunching hippy is gonna change my mind. I've heard all I need to hear..

perplex

Post by perplex » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:40 pm

dbfs wrote: Congratz to you for finally figuring out that mixing in Live is only setting yourself up for mediocrity. ESPECIALLY when you have a lot of tracks and plugs/vsti's. That's when live just goes down hill. No number crunching hippy is gonna change my mind. I've heard all I need to hear..
many artists mix in live and have surpassed mediocrity. keeping inline w/ fisto's song's genre skrillex actually does everything in live. mixing included. his shit doesn't sound like mediocrity at all.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:14 pm

dbfs wrote:Internet hive mentality at its best! The amount of tag along douchbags on this forum never ceases to amaze me. :roll:

Fisto - I thought your track was well done, who cares if its Britney's voice. The craftsmanship of the work and mix is what should be noted here. None of these fruitcups would have knew it if you didn't tell them. They're just hatin to hate.. The usual BS that goes on in this preschool. Bunch of talentless, blowhard amatuers on this forum if you havent figured that out by now. :lol:

Congratz to you for finally figuring out that mixing in Live is only setting yourself up for mediocrity. ESPECIALLY when you have a lot of tracks and plugs/vsti's. That's when live just goes down hill. No number crunching hippy is gonna change my mind. I've heard all I need to hear..
Don't be so hard on yourself, one day if you work at it you too will stop being a douche.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

fisto

Post by fisto » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:22 pm

dbfs wrote:Internet hive mentality at its best! The amount of tag along douchbags on this forum never ceases to amaze me. :roll:

exactly what I think but always amusing again :)
Thanks man!

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:44 pm

The best sounding DAW is...

... whichever one you can produce the best sounding music in for the way you work.

And that may even mean several DAWs for different parts of the job.

/end thread
/end discussion forever

;)

The irony in all this is that I wouldnt mind betting that after all DAW companies have put so much effort into making them all as transparent as possible, that very soon now we will see the introduction of 'character mixers' in DAWs to try and capture the essence of renowned consoles etc (Well if truth be told its already started - Propellerhead's Record). So next year wen we have this discussion again - it might have some merit and which mixer is actually the best in the same DAW - the SSL simulation or the Neve simulation or the TL Audio M4 simulation etc and wether the SSL summing in logic pro x is better than the SSL summing EQ, dynamics etc in Cubase 7 or props record etc blah blah :)
Nothing to see here - move along!

evon

Post by evon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Khazul wrote:The best sounding DAW is...

... whichever one you can produce the best sounding music in for the way you work.

And that may even mean several DAWs for different parts of the job.

/end thread
/end discussion forever

;)

The irony in all this is that I wouldnt mind betting that after all DAW companies have put so much effort into making them all as transparent as possible, that very soon now we will see the introduction of 'character mixers' in DAWs to try and capture the essence of renowned consoles etc (Well if truth be told its already started - Propellerhead's Record). So next year wen we have this discussion again - it might have some merit and which mixer is actually the best in the same DAW - the SSL simulation or the Neve simulation or the TL Audio M4 simulation etc and wether the SSL summing in logic pro x is better than the SSL summing EQ, dynamics etc in Cubase 7 or props record etc blah blah :)

But that is exactly what I have been saying!! Who needs transparency..well the type of production I do, I certainly do not. I need character. All wind instruments dont sound the same. So why should a DAW?
And if all DAWs sounded alike, what gave rise to the market for DAWs?
fe real!