Anyone play video games here?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
perplex

Anyone play video games here?

Post by perplex » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:18 am

I play fighting games on Xbox live sometimes. A game called Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be exact. I havent played a lot much lately since I've been back on my music.
What about you guys?

Mint Invader

Re: Anyone play video games here?

Post by Mint Invader » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:23 am

MK9 over here. Sorry homie.
Because Whatever.

perplex

Post by perplex » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:01 am

the guy who charted plays mk9 huh?

aizo

Post by aizo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:12 am

play Team Fortress 2 / Portal on Steam.

I'm a die hard Metal Gear fan though.

But I love any fighting game especially if it has ninjas!
ImageImage

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:09 am

super street fighter 4 arcade edition just came out. i got yun, yang, and evil ryu for days.

anyone want to add me to their list?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:24 am

I play Pong once in awhile. That, and then some Zaxxon.

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:49 am

I made the mistake of buying Trials HD for Xbox. Now I've developed an addiction to that thing.

I've caught myself sounding like this at times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJTmV0qyz-0

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:19 pm

perplex wrote:the guy who charted plays mk9 huh?
When Im bored :) Either that or minecraft.

Edit: And for the record I liked Minecraft before Deadmau5... so there.
Because Whatever.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:26 pm

I’ve had a PS3 for about 3 years and it mostly collects dust. The most action it got was when you could start streaming Netlfix on it. Then I could do that on my Blue Ray player. And then Apple TV. I will say though, as dust collecting goes the shiny black case of the PS3 is top notch.

But holy shit I’m a total game junky on the iPad. I know I have games on there that I haven’t played and don’t even remember getting. Free for a day? Done. Reduced from $4.99 to $0.99 for a holiday weekend? Done.

My roommate on the other hand has been playing Gran Turismo for like the past 2 months straight. And with it’s real time 8+ hour races it will play for you so that you don’t have to. He just sets some parameters and goes to bed, race done in the morning or later that day. Just when you thought playing video games couldn’t make people any lazier Polyphony Digital kicks it up a notch.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:55 am

yep. just played The Witcher 2. great game.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:27 am

scutheotaku wrote:
beats me wrote: But holy shit I’m a total game junky on the iPad. I know I have games on there that I haven’t played and don’t even remember getting. Free for a day? Done. Reduced from $4.99 to $0.99 for a holiday weekend? Done.
Haha that sounds like me :lol:
beats me wrote: My roommate on the other hand has been playing Gran Turismo for like the past 2 months straight. And with it’s real time 8+ hour races it will play for you so that you don’t have to. He just sets some parameters and goes to bed, race done in the morning or later that day. Just when you thought playing video games couldn’t make people any lazier Polyphony Digital kicks it up a notch.
Really? I haven't come across that, though I haven't fully explored the game. Actually racing in that game is INTENSE.
believe me. I've seen with my own 2 eyes the "video-game-you-don't-actually-have-to-play" properties of Gran Turismo and it's both fascinating and frightening.

But it gets even scarier. You can partner up with another broham while you're out and let them man your car while you're I don't know, having a job, paying taxes, being a productive member of society, and other such nonsense.

:x

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:08 am

Today i will play duke nukem forever! normally i play quake 3 / quakelive and sometimes diablo, torchlight, half-life, left for dead 1 + 2 and something like this ^^

On ps3 i play la noire atm or tekken 6 but im a huge fan of street fighter ;) I miss RPG´s like Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore for SNES ;(

rozling

Post by rozling » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:39 am

scutheotaku wrote:On console, I'll play pretty much anything though I tend to shy away from the shooters, especially online (too many annoying people...).

That would be me then - I picked up a PS3 a couple of days before the outage pretty much solely for Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer, although I will eventually branch out. It's dictating my life at the moment. I grew up with the Dooms and the Quakes (Team Arena mainly) so come from more of a PC gaming background but as you said it's just comfier gaming from the couch.

There are tonnes of annoying people in MW2 (first thing I did was turn voice chat off), and still lots of cheating ('do U want prest1ge add me') but it can be fantastic. The worst thing is you have five awful games and one amazing one and you keep playing for that experience. Addictive as hell.

Looking forward to (predictably) Portal 2, Battlefield 3, MW3 and of course Duke Nukem :)

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:45 am

Huge Street Fighter fan, here. And indeed, most Capcom in general. The most exciting part about Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for me was hearing that it features Viewtiful Joe. One of the best "Pure Enjoyment" games ever made, none of this stealthy-tension-buildy-big-set-piece shit - just pure ass-kicking fun from start to finish.

And speaking of underrated games, anyone here ever play Killer 7? That game is a work of art. Should have been massive, but I guess it was just too weird. I put it in bold because it's that good.

I barely play games these days, but when I do I go old-school. :)
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:03 pm

scutheotaku wrote:RPGs like Baldur's Gate I & II, KOTR, Jade Empire, Planescape Torment, Dungeon Siege, the Diablo series, and Neverwinter Nights),
8O blast from the past... i loved Baldur's Gate I & II... Icewind Dale was great too.

i've been playing a cool indie game on the Xbox i downloaded called The Dish Washer. my girlfriend got into with me and we've been using it as a way to work out too... so every time we have to continue we do pushups, crunches, squats or some such. the game gets pretty damn hard and you can only save after you have beaten the level boss so it forces us to keep trying. like most chicks, Mario Bros is the only game she's ever seriously played - somehow this one's been keeping her motivated.

aside from that i have been working my way through Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed. i beat Dragon Age about 6 or 8 months ago and felt like a lost a little piece of me. i could have just played it forever i think.

there's not enough time in the day.