The big Arturia Spark thread

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
v00d00ppl

The big Arturia Spark thread

Post by v00d00ppl » Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 am

who caved in and got one already? How are you using it with live? How is the drum machine synthesis emulation like?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

teacee

Re: The big Arturia Spark thread

Post by teacee » Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 am

I have had the spark for over a week now and have used it as a stand alone drum machine, midi controller and virtual instrument. It has a nice feel and great classic analog sound to it and very easy to design your own sounds. The drag and drop feature makes it a breeze to add your own samples and add to the spark library. The hardware itself is heavy duty with plenty of knobs for controlling midi instruments and dj software.

perplex

Post by perplex » Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 am

i want one so bad but i just had a baby and our air condition broke and i have student loans which come off forbearance soon

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 pm

perplex wrote:i want one so bad but i just had a baby and our air condition broke and i have student loans which come off forbearance soon

What you need is chloroform, a screwdriver, and a new social security number.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri May 27, 2011 3:39 am

teacee wrote:I have had the spark for over a week now and have used it as a stand alone drum machine, midi controller and virtual instrument. It has a nice feel and great classic analog sound to it and very easy to design your own sounds. The drag and drop feature makes it a breeze to add your own samples and add to the spark library. The hardware itself is heavy duty with plenty of knobs for controlling midi instruments and dj software.

any crashes with live 8 so far?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

wald

Post by wald » Fri May 27, 2011 7:11 pm

teacee:
how would you rate its sound quality compared to high quality analog samples (like Goldbaby's) and what can be achieved with a good 'analog' synth (like Synth squad)?

Nico_Lahs

Post by Nico_Lahs » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:19 pm

hey guyz, my name is Nico, nice to meet u.
How i can connect the Spark on my Ableton Live? I need to record the separate midi tracks...But when i make a pattern and then i use in the midi track, the pattern have all channels (kick,clap,snare) in one! i think we have a way for record the drum in different midi channels!
How i can do that? :|