slice to midi , change key mapping

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
johnbhoy

slice to midi , change key mapping

Post by johnbhoy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:17 pm

How do i change the slice to midi settings so that the keymapping or the slices start on C3.

Anyone know how to do this. I know i can go in after the fact and change them but i have just sliced a big file and i want to do it in a batch action rather than go through each one individually. Even if there is a keyboard short cut to select all slices and then change one and the rest follow suit in a domino effect.

Thanks

yur2die4

Re: slice to midi , change key mapping

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:45 am

Add the Pitch MIDI Effect before Drum Rack.

seattletruth

Post by seattletruth » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:58 am

I believe you can also change the midi slicing presets so it will do it every time automatically. It's outlined in the user manual on page 216-217. If anything it will make it so it automatically adds the pitch midi effect when you slice that audio, im not sure if u can do it better. Peace.

Heres excerpt.

Default Presets
Presets saved to the Defaults folders in Live’s Library will load in place of Live’s generic device
settings. There are also Defaults folders that allow you to customize how Live responds to
various user actions, such as sample dropping and slicing.
The Default Presets
folders in Live’s Library.
To save the current settings of a device as a default preset, open the (PC) / Ctrl
(Mac) context menu on the device’s header and select Save as Default Preset. This works

CHAPTER 16. WORKING WITH INSTRUMENTS AND EFFECTS 217
for all of Live’s instruments, MIDI effects and audio effects (including the various types of
Racks). If you have already saved a default preset for a particular device, Live will ask you
before overwriting it.
To specify how Live behaves when dragging a sample to a Drum Rack or the Track View of
a MIDI track:
? Create an empty Simpler or Sampler
? Adjust the parameters as you like
? Drag the edited device to the On Drum Rack or On Track View folder, which can
be found at Library/Defaults/Dropping Samples
To adjust how Live behaves when slicing an audio file:
? Create an empty Drum Rack
? Add an empty Simpler or Sampler to the Drum Rack to create a single chain
? Add any additional MIDI or Audio Effects to this chain
? Adjust parameters in any of the devices
? Assign Macro Controls to any of the controls in the chain’s devices
? Drag the entire Drum Rack to the Library/Defaults/Slicing folder
You can create multiple slicing presets and choose between them in the Slicing Preset
chooser in the slicing dialog.

Cowlash

Post by Cowlash » Mon May 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Did anyone work out how to change the default slice from C1 to C3?

I understand we can change the default, but not how to change the default key range

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon May 30, 2011 3:25 am

yeah wtf it saves the other settings (even Choke) but even if you drop your simpler to the first lowest spot (C-2) and drag it into the Default -> Slicing folder, it still starts them at C1 when you StoMT. It's f$%^ing annoying.
ImageImage

hgt

Post by hgt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:46 pm

shadx312 wrote:yeah wtf it saves the other settings (even Choke) but even if you drop your simpler to the first lowest spot (C-2) and drag it into the Default -> Slicing folder, it still starts them at C1 when you StoMT. It's f$%^ing annoying.
any solution to this?
got the same problem... :?
gee hgt

hgt

Post by hgt » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:03 pm

i spoke to ableton support about it a few days ago and there is really no way but doing it all manually.
its even worse when i found out that you can not move multiple slices or samples to another keyzone/other pads in drumracks. you have to do it one by one. moving multiples will allways create a multi on one pad. :evil:
this needs to get fixed in live 9 ...
gee hgt