Ni apology for Kore discontinuation, offers free packs?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nuxnamon

Ni apology for Kore discontinuation, offers free packs?

Post by nuxnamon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:16 pm

anyone get the email yet for registered Kore users for 3 free kore packs until the end of july?

any recommendations as to what's good?

Dear KORE user,

In the music technology domain, progress is constant. Sometimes, new paradigms and changing user preferences require us to adjust our development priorities in order to further push modern music production forward.

Today we would like to inform you about our future plans for the KORE platform. Our roadmap comprises two further updates for KORE 2, including 64-bit plugin versions for Windows and Mac OS X. Afterwards, further development of the KORE 2 software will cease. Native Instruments has no plans to develop KORE beyond its current generation, and will focus its development resources on advancing other products within the NI range.

KORE 2 will remain operational with your current setup, and technical support will continue to be available for an unlimited amount of time. However, upcoming versions of the KOMPLETE bundle and of individual NI instruments might not include special preset versions for the KORE sound browser.

As an immediate effect, KORE 2 will no longer be available for purchase, and the range of KORE-powered soundpacks will only remain available in the NI Online Shop until July 31st, 2011.

To let you conveniently expand your collection of KORE-powered soundpacks within the available time, we are hereby giving you three online vouchers that you can use for the download products within that range. Each voucher can purchase one KORE soundpack, which have now all been set to the lowest price category of $59 / €49.

The KORE soundpacks can be found in the NI Online Shop here...

Details about the voucher usage can be found in the fineprint below.

KORE owners can also take advantage of the special offer to purchase the groove production studio MASCHINE at $399 / €349 (instead of the regular price of $669 / €599 in the NI Online Shop) until the end of the year. More information on the crossgrade is available here...

Thank you for your confidence,

Your Native Instruments team

contakt321

Re: Ni apology for Kore discontinuation, offers free packs?

Post by contakt321 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:54 pm

I read about this but I didn't get this email :(

Hoping its on its way.

The FM8 ones are great, as are the massive expansions, I think I may get the "acoustic refractions" one if I get this voucher

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:10 pm

nice. if it's going to go out... at least it's going out with style and grace. 64 bit even.

hats off NI.

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I had checked my email after seeing this and... bam! there it was.
Now, I've got to narrow my list down:

FM8 TRANSIENT ATTACKS
MASSIVE THREAT
BEST OF ABSYNTH
BEST OF MASSIVE
DEEP FREQ
DEEP RECONSTRUCTIONS
DEEP TRANSFORMATIONS
ABSYNTH SPECTRAL EXPANSION

I'm leaning more toward the Deep series, but one thing has me hesitant, and that's the fact that Kore is being discontinued. With most of the synth patches, you'll still be able to use 'em even after Kore no longer works on your computer. That is assuming, of course, the synths don't get the axe next... :roll:

@contakt: you don't have Komplete? Komplete 7 comes with acoustic refractions. I don't know how that works if you only own Kore though.

arachnaut

Post by arachnaut » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:25 pm

I highly recommend the Deep Freq package and its cousins.

Here is an example of it at work. The first sample is put through 11 different Deep Freq presets. No other effects at all.

This is part of a much longer piece in progress which uses much more morphing (that's just hinted in these initial snippets).

http://www.arachnaut.net/audio/DeepFreq11.mp3

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:10 am

I've got transient attacks. It's decent.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:00 am

Anybody wants to sell their Kore License?

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:20 am

anyone want flush money down the potty with me?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:38 am

nathannn wrote:anyone want flush money down the potty with me?
Well you can laugh all you want, but I would like to have the Deep series library! I wanted to get them just before Kore was discontinued. Then the next day, it was gone. End of story. So im looking for a second hand licence.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:00 am

im not laughing. i just like flushing money in toilets and was hoping some one would join me.
i was smiling though :)
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:18 am

so is this a great time for someone who never had kore to get kore for less than peanuts?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:20 am

starving student wrote:so is this a great time for someone who never had kore to get kore for less than peanuts?
Maybe? dunno? There's one on Amazon used for $212... I wouldn't unless you could get the Kore1 controller with Kore 2 software though.
Kore 1 is a pretty decent audio card 2 in 4 out with spdif as well. Two years from now the controller part will likely be MIDI only.

My big fear is NI abandon the drivers for it, Audio card wise it's good because it's the same card and driver as their other USB cards, but the question as to whether they will continue to support the Controller Editor MIDI software for Kore compatibility will determine whether the hardware has use when the software dies with an OS update etc. So far they haven't answered that question.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Got a mail from Surround SFX. The guys who make the Deep series. They discontinued the products at the same time NI did. But now hey offer Deep Freq for a short period at a discount. €49

So I guess its just a matter of downloading the free Kore player?

The reason why I wanted to purchase a second hand license, was just to get the Deep series for free from NI. But this offer from Surround SFX is better, no?

Except I only get DEEP FREQ from the shop.
While apparently DEEP RECONSTRUCTIONS and DEEP TRANSFORMATIONS
you only get through NI, with a full Kore license. Hmm..

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:35 pm

I did not get an email either :(

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:38 pm

JuanSOLO wrote:I did not get an email either :(
Go to the NI forums Kore section, the sticky post about this has a link to email NI if you didn't get the codes yet.
Crap it's going to take me a while to make up my mind, some really good stuff in here, veering towards the FX bundles, good live performance tools etc.