Exporting Audio to Wav

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
EvanWells

Exporting Audio to Wav

Post by EvanWells » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:45 am

I have a TEN MINUTE recording on ableton. When exporting to Wav it only exports the piece up to 3 min and 52 seconds!

Help?

DanRxDrums

Re: Exporting Audio to Wav

Post by DanRxDrums » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:12 am

You're probably only exporting a certain part of the recording. This is happening because your arrangement position (the measure/count your play line is) is not at the beginning.

Press the stop button twice on arrangement view so that your arrangement position reads 1.1.1, then select to export audio. At the bottom of the export window, it will tell you where you are exporting from, which should be 1.1.1 to the end.
http://www.soundcloud.com/BlackAndWhiteDream
Macbook Os X 10.6.5 2.2 Ghz, 4GB Ram, Live 8 Suite, Akai APC40, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, MAudio Oxygen 8 v.2

EvanWells

Post by EvanWells » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:21 am

You led me to something. I don't believe that's it. I believe it's because at the top field in my program it has the length to which you set for the ending. I'm not sure why it arbitrarily sets it at 116 bars or so only. I had to change it to 348 for the length at the top. Thanks. It's exporting now. We'll see if this works.

DanRxDrums

Post by DanRxDrums » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:27 am

No...if what you're looking at is what I think it is, that's your loop/punch in points. Press the stop button twice and export. That should do it.

Ableton doesn't set an ending for a track. The ending is where there is no longer data on any track.
http://www.soundcloud.com/BlackAndWhiteDream
Macbook Os X 10.6.5 2.2 Ghz, 4GB Ram, Live 8 Suite, Akai APC40, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, MAudio Oxygen 8 v.2

EvanWells

Post by EvanWells » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:38 am

I got it. I rarely do anything to a track without pressing stop twice. That was set. It was the very top parameter in Ableton 8.0.1 which gives the ending point, for at the bottom it says "Live will render the output of the chosen track for the length set above," and right beneath "Data" at the top of the window it says "length" and you can choose it in bars. Anyway, thank you.