The OSX Lion Early Adopter Whiners' Depot

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

The OSX Lion Early Adopter Whiners' Depot

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:10 am

I still have a few walls to erect and then I need to slap on some fresh paint, but this will be THE home for anybody who does extensive audio or video work and like a dipshit updated to Lion within the first week of release and wants to complain about their issues.

We already have a spoiler alert complaint thread from people who are already running Lion before it's publicly available, but this is strictly for post public release.

I'm stoked!

rcpunker

Re: The OSX Lion Early Adopter Whiners' Depot

Post by rcpunker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:42 am

Why does my Stratocaster sound like a Les Paul when i plug into my Macbook with a fresh install of Lion?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm planning on installing Lion at around this time next year.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:11 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I'm planning on installing Lion at around this time next year.

:x
Not right at release but I'll first install it on my mostly media server Mini which also has Live and Logic installed on it to run it through it's paces. But it's not my main music computer.

I'm looking forward to the posting by the ass hat who installed Lion in the next couple weeks 4 hours before a gig and his music software is totally fubared. This is going to be excellent reading.

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:24 pm

I was under the impression that it would just be working. Because I heard somewhere that it does that. Works, that is. Just.
:|
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

Rave

Post by Rave » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Looks like you guys are going to have to wait another week for the release.

i will only install it on my second and third machine. My production machine will stay untouched until all the main apps are compatible with lion and 64 bit.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Normally I'd do it on day one, but I have a big gig in less than 2 weeks so I'll wait this time.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Cezband wrote:I was under the impression that it would just be working. Because I heard somewhere that it does that. Works, that is. Just.
:|

If you're talking strictly software developed by Apple then it probably will just work. If you're talking third party applications and plug-ins...best of luck to you. Ableton is STILL busy stablizing Live 8 up to Snow Leopard. :x

Rave wrote: i will only install it on my second and third machine. My production machine will stay untouched until all the main apps are compatible with lion and 64 bit.

And the great thing is it's a one time purchase from the App Store and then you can download and install it to any of your other Macs when you're ready. :)

enhung24

Post by enhung24 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:15 pm

If you're talking strictly software developed by Apple then it probably will just work. If you're talking third party applications and plug-ins...best of luck to you. Ableton is STILL busy stablizing Live 8 up to Snow Leopard. :x
So it is no big deal if I install Lion on my wife's Macbook? The only software she has added is iWork.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:39 am

enhung24 wrote:
So it is no big deal if I install Lion on my wife's Macbook? The only software she has added is iWork.

If you're talking strictly software developed by Apple then it probably will just work.

I'd say do it and then report back on how facebook is all fucked up and she sunk into a deep depression from not knowing what her friends are up to every 2 minutes.

stereotype your wife? I just did.

arafel

Post by arafel » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:04 pm

beats me wrote:
enhung24 wrote:

If you're talking strictly software developed by Apple then it probably will just work.

I'd say do it and then report back on how facebook is all fucked up and she sunk into a deep depression from not knowing what her friends are up to every 2 minutes.

8O
That settles it... I'm updating my Wife's macbook to Lion.. just to see this happen. 8)
I wont even tell her.. just let the funk settle.
Maybe get a break from the *giggle* "Oh she is so funny.. just a minute hun.. I have to reply.. she sent me bunny present".
Anything to disable facebook.. I'm in.
Let the games Bein!!
2.8ghz Quad Mac, Live 9.77, Remote25, Maschine 1, Fa-66 optical link, Samson 65a. Dog hair.. lots.

jbodango

Post by jbodango » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:06 am

Anything to disable facebook.. I'm in.
Let the games Bein!!
Disabling THE FACESPACE deserves a separate thread.

enhung24

Post by enhung24 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:01 pm

On that note, we both will be switching to Windows 7 pcs. Thanks for the great advice.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:28 pm

enhung24 wrote:

On that note, we both will be switching to Windows 7 pcs. Thanks for the great advice.

I'm here to help.