Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
dazzer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:24 am

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by dazzer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:28 am

Ever since the sadly missed 3phase started the craze, this forum is awash with Germans using 'lame' and 'lamer' and 'lamers'.

Not a complaint (I like the word), just an observation.

[For a bit of balance, I struggled with German at school but had to give up when the teacher said the word for father was pronounced "farter". What with that and having to use 3 genders, I found it impossible to learn any more]

Fanu
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:50 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by Fanu » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 am

Waiting for Live 9 is like waiting for UFO appearances: a lot of people are talking about it, nothing official ever gets confirmed, and all we have is living in hope, wishing that it is out there, realizing that day by day, you're kind of giving up hope...
Image
Mastering & mixing by Fanu | Ableton Live Basics tutorial video
Mixing and mastering engineer | Ableton Certified Trainer

Virtual Cobra
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by Virtual Cobra » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Forge. wrote:I have it on good authority that it will arrive on December 20th 2012. This means you'll have one day to play with it before the world ends.

Ha ha haaaaaaaa! :D

Virtual Cobra
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by Virtual Cobra » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:08 pm

nathannn wrote:also i hope they update the look of live. i really do. it was cool for almost ten years but now its time for something a little more modern. still 2 d but modern. maybe bigger buttons and flashy things. i dont know anymore. maybe ableton should include a therapist. it could start off by asking "what type of music do you want to do today" and you could respond with something like " i dont know... every thing is shit... every thing sounds like shit and its all been done its all just a big pile of poop shit... why am i even here.. i dont need therapy".
Ha ha haaaaaa! Nice one mate! :D

fisto
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by fisto » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Abes, please any word on the subject, come on!!
It's starting to get ridiculous.

We don't need to know exact feature-sets or the exact date but also not "We are currently working on Live 9". Maybe at which time around to expect it or something like that. PLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEEEEE!
You're not building a new outer-space weapon so such a secracy is really not needed.
You should communicate with your customers as all good companies do! Right!?

Take Cockos Reaper for example: they even ask what feature are really important and so on etc etc..... :mrgreen:

Angstrom
Posts: 14672
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by Angstrom » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:21 pm

the strangest thing is ...
I know this guy who recently called by Ableton headquarters in Berlin, and when he knocked on the door there was dust everywhere. All the windows were broken and there were just a few shattered computer screens and empty bottles of lotion on the floor. There was one person there though, this one old guy with a big grey beard down to his waist, and wild eyes.
My friend asked "is this where Ableton is based, I saw the sign outsi..." but the old guy just started laughing maniacally and dancing this weird little dance. Then he pulled up a trapdoor in the floor and jumped down. My friend tried the trapdoor but it was locked, but by putting his ear to it he could hear distant screaming and perhaps the sound of tympani being hit. The day after my friend told me all this he vanished, and nobody has seen him since.

So I guess everything is proceeding fine.

dazzer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:24 am

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by dazzer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:16 pm

fisto, I really hope Justin pays you something, you deserve it man!

fisto
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by fisto » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 pm

whats your problem that I use Reaper? I use Live AND Reaper and I love both so why should I not say how great they do their job ha?? Really pisses me off :evil: :mrgreen:

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:38 pm

8.2.2. is stable for me...
you have my personal blessing to proceed with the 9th phase...
muuu ha haha... :twisted:
Image

dazzer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:24 am

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by dazzer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:40 pm

fisto wrote:whats your problem that I use Reaper?
None at all, hell no. Hey, my wife uses GarageBand and I still love her...

3dot... wrote:8.2.2. is stable for me...
you have my personal blessing to proceed with the 9th phase...
muuu ha haha... :twisted:
Hell yeah!

headquest
Posts: 1191
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:32 am
Location: UK

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by headquest » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:28 pm

leoelzein wrote:Reason 6 is coming out end of september with 64 bit rewire, which would mean Ableton needs to do something about that before september, or else I wouldn't be able to rewire Reason into Live. Any thoughts on this?
Just to clarify this further: There is NO host that currently supports 64 bit Rewire. (not even Reaper ;) ...)
My guess is that once 64-bit Rewire has actually been released/made available by its developer (Propellerhead) then 64-bit hosts will implement support.

But Reason 6 can be installed in 32 bit mode, even on 64 bit operating systems. For anyone using Rewire with ANY host this is currently a necessary solution.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding and puts your mind at rest :D
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

jesus god sandal
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 pm
Location: nola
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by jesus god sandal » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:17 am

dazzer wrote: [For a bit of balance, I struggled with German at school but had to give up when the teacher said the word for father was pronounced "farter". What with that and having to use 3 genders, I found it impossible to learn any more]

:lol:
Colors for the Ears
musician name: en3
http://soundcloud.com/ianpluplu - random releases and WIPs
http://entheogensno.bandcamp.com - full length high quality downloads and listening

Z3NO
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:12 am
Location: 404 Not Found

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by Z3NO » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:57 am

Angstrom wrote:the strangest thing is ...
I know this guy who recently called by Ableton headquarters in Berlin, and when he knocked on the door there was dust everywhere. All the windows were broken and there were just a few shattered computer screens and empty bottles of lotion on the floor. There was one person there though, this one old guy with a big grey beard down to his waist, and wild eyes.
My friend asked "is this where Ableton is based, I saw the sign outsi..." but the old guy just started laughing maniacally and dancing this weird little dance. Then he pulled up a trapdoor in the floor and jumped down. My friend tried the trapdoor but it was locked, but by putting his ear to it he could hear distant screaming and perhaps the sound of tympani being hit. The day after my friend told me all this he vanished, and nobody has seen him since.

So I guess everything is proceeding fine.
You need to get out more. Go on, do it now. Get some fresh air... it'll do you good.

ark
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by ark » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:17 am

Z3NO wrote:You need to get out more. Go on, do it now. Get some fresh air... it'll do you good.
Here in rural New Jersey it's slightly past midnight and still 30 degrees C.

Tarekith
Posts: 17370
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 9 before summer ? end of 2011 ? early 2012 ?

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:05 am

People in NJ use Celcius?

Post Reply