Google Plus!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
ze2be

Re: Google Plus!

Post by ze2be » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:13 am

Im in!
So far it looks very clean and easy. Basically how Facebook should have been working. I quickly just added about 100 friends to my custom circles, and it went rather smoothly. And ive sent out invites to all of them as well.

There is even a Facebook in Google+ App. 3 seconds to install: http://crossrider.com/install/519-google-facebook
The transition from Facebook might run a lot faster then I first assumed.

drchoc

Post by drchoc » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:15 am

blakjesus wrote:I haven't had time to fully try it out but it seems like it has potential.

PM me your email address to get an invite.
PM'ed! :mrgreen:

Formic

Post by Formic » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:39 pm

db120

Post by db120 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:46 pm

have some invites if you pm me your address

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:55 am

isnt there something like this where the host is not part of the damn stock market?
what if you hate corporations & llc's and what they have done to the world?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Okay, I may be proved wrong here. Seems like the membership for Google+ has EXPLODED. :x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Im in and honestly not sur how to use it.
I don't really care about personal pages.
I use Facebook to communicate with people that like my music and to promote it.
On g+, I'm not sure yet how to handle it. So far my profile is with my real name and stuff, but it's quite boring. I rather spend all my time updating my public artist page on Facebook than updating my private one on g+.

I've also read that google plan to add business page for g+, but no eta.

Tarekith, did you set up your g+ page as personal one or to communicate as an artist/mastering studio?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Currently you can only do it as personal, Google's banning people that try and use it for business use right now. Supposedly they have something coming out that will allow businesses to integrate with + too.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:28 am

Yea ive read that as well, but it's seems kind if ineffective.
Some tech websites are already on it as well as artists

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Tarekith wrote:Currently you can only do it as personal, Google's banning people that try and use it for business use right now. Supposedly they have something coming out that will allow businesses to integrate with + too.
hopefully it's not like myspace was, where they won't allow you to change your account type. so in the case of a band name you cannot use it if you switch to a music account later or some other user is using it as their personal handle. in this case you wouldn't be able to change from personal to business without a new name... or can you?

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm happy to support g+ until it's big enough and popular enough to really give FB's market dominance a hammering. It's a shame that it's being made by a company as possibly unscrupulous as google, but sadly it needs resources of that size to go up against the behemoth that is facebook.

Hopefully it'll get a firm foothold, and force fb to really start improving the user experience. Then we as consumers get to cherry pick between the two, using the constant threat that the "other guy" is better to drive up standards.

Plus it would be easier for a smaller player to step in to a small niche if google and facebook are locked in competition against each other, rather than just compete against fb only.

My two units of currency. And yes, as it stands I think g+ is smoother and more functional than fb.
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

RECYCLE BIN

Post by RECYCLE BIN » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:17 am

I hope Plus takes off. Im liking it. But everyone is stuck on FB that they aint hearing me on switching.

rcpunker

Post by rcpunker » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:04 pm

I have 200 people in my music circle as of this morning.
Im so damn popular it would make you sick.
:twisted: :twisted:

Observer-A

Post by Observer-A » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:45 pm

So far I am loving G+. I seem to get more meaningful information out of it as I am not wading through endless drivel.
It is a total nerd-fest at the moment and I can't say that I am sad about that honestly.
You can almost think of it as a hybrid between FB and Twitter but you are in control of what you want to see.
I actually have my FB and Twitter feeds channeling through G+ now and it is awesome!
Ableton Crackhead and Habitual Drum Hitter
Observer-A.com
DustedGroove.com
Soundcloud

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:01 pm

Observer-A wrote:So far I am loving G+. I seem to get more meaningful information out of it as I am not wading through endless drivel.
It is a total nerd-fest at the moment and I can't say that I am sad about that honestly.
You can almost think of it as a hybrid between FB and Twitter but you are in control of what you want to see.
I actually have my FB and Twitter feeds channeling through G+ now and it is awesome!

I’m rarely on FB and mostly just use it as an address book for friends that I don’t know how to get a hold of any other way. My friend count has steadily been around 35 the entire time. I stopped going to Twitter about 6 months ago.

Having said that, I think I’m getting extremely isolated from the new world order of communication, but suddenly going balls out on FB or Twitter kind of feels stupid at this point. Would Google+ offer a great fresh start to it all, or am I going to find it near pointless like I did shortly after joining FB and Twitter?