Electronic cigarettes

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
jesQuick

Electronic cigarettes

Post by jesQuick » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:58 am

So, fellow smokers, vapors and ex-smokers - I just bought this baby which will be delivered later this week:

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=78

Any words of wisdom, experiences or tips & tricks I should know about?! (This is a first for me)

Appreciate it, thanks!

-J

habeeb24

Re: Electronic cigarettes

Post by habeeb24 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:01 am

Great site. I liked the content in it. This will be good for smokers. Thanks for this... Cheers

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:42 pm

The benefits of smoking tobacco have been common knowledge for centuries. From sharpening mental acuity to maintaining optimal weight, the relatively small risks of smoking have always been outweighed by the substantial improvement to mental and physical health. Hysterical attacks on tobacco notwithstanding, smokers always weigh the good against the bad and puff away or quit according to their personal preferences. Now the same anti-tobacco enterprise that has spent billions demonizing the pleasure of smoking is providing additional reasons to smoke. Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Tourette's Syndrome, even schizophrenia and cocaine addiction are disorders that are alleviated by tobacco. Add in the still inconclusive indication that tobacco helps to prevent colon and prostate cancer and the endorsement for smoking tobacco by the medical establishment is good news for smokers and non-smokers alike. Of course the revelation that tobacco is good for you is ruined by the pharmaceutical industry's plan to substitute the natural and relatively inexpensive tobacco plant with their overpriced and ineffective nicotine substitutions. Still, when all is said and done, the positive revelations regarding tobacco are very good reasons indeed to keep lighting those cigarettes.
http://hawaiianlibertarian.blogspot.com ... -pill.html

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 pm

good one (same as eGo)

make sure you allways have a second battery in your bag ;)

and buy a little bottle to fill yourself with the bigger ones you keep in the fridge

I only e-smoke menthol, matter of taste

welcome to the e-smokers community ;)

rcpunker

Post by rcpunker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:59 pm

So I can smoke in church with this thing or what? :twisted:

trevox

Post by trevox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:40 am

I've been smoking various electronic cigarettes for around a year now and am still off the cigarettes!!

I see you went for the 510 version of the eGo. I used that one for months and was happy with it until the eGo-T came out. It is so much better!! The cartridge for the 510 generally holds somewhere around 10 drops - the eGo-T holds closer to 50 so you only need to fill it up a couple of times a day. Adding to this, every draw is exactly the same and absolutely perfect. The 510 can be a bit inconsistent IMO. Plus I hate the foamy stuff in the 510 cartridges - the eG0-T does away with that completely. Same battery for both BTW.

There is another things out called a "clearomizer". Haven't tried it myself, but a mate of mine said it is really good. Basically it is a tank and atomizer combined - again no foamy stuff. And they seem to be pretty cheap compared with the eGo-T atomizers. Will have to wait and try it out for myself before advocating though!

I guess given the eGo-T is a bit more expensive, you should wait until you get used to using e-cigs. But when you need to buy more equipment, I cannot stress enough how you should go for the tank version.

BTW, what liquid do you use? I have tried quite a lot and found myself going back to the same site every time. Loads of choice for tobacco flavours. I was a Drum smoker and buy the Drum flavoured e-liquid - it's the most realistic cigarette flavour out there IMO. Here's a link to the site (based in the UK):
http://www.oksmokey.com/

Happy vaping!

trevox

Post by trevox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:44 am

rcpunker wrote:So I can smoke in church with this thing or what? :twisted:
Yep! You kinda get sick of having to explain it to everyone though and learn how to smoke it without making the plumes of smoke too obvious. I got chucked out of a nightclub a few months back and spend 15 minutes explaining it before they would let me back in. Bouncers generally act first, listen (or not as the case may be) later.

trevox

Post by trevox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:02 am

d.reamonn wrote:Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Tourette's Syndrome, even schizophrenia and cocaine addiction are disorders that are alleviated by tobacco. Add in the still inconclusive indication that tobacco helps to prevent colon and prostate cancer and the endorsement for smoking tobacco by the medical establishment is good news for smokers and non-smokers alike.
Treating addiction or health problems with another addiction that involves the intake of up to 4000 toxins doesn't make much sense to me. Whatever active ingredient relieves these symptoms can surely be extracted - not administered by inhaling toxic fumes!! I would not demonise it though - I got great pleasure out of it for 20 odd years. I smoke e-cigarettes now and have no problem letting someone light up in my house.
d.reamonn wrote:Of course the revelation that tobacco is good for you is ruined by the pharmaceutical industry's plan to substitute the natural and relatively inexpensive tobacco plant with their overpriced and ineffective nicotine substitutions. Still, when all is said and done, the positive revelations regarding tobacco are very good reasons indeed to keep lighting those cigarettes.
The cost of e-cigarettes is a fraction of the cost of smoking tobacco. I live in Ireland where a 20 a day habit would cost you around 250 euro a month ($370). E-cigarrettes cost me at most 60 euro a month - that includes replacing equipment and buying the liquid.

There is a point in this though as both the pharmaceutical companies and the tobacco industry are up in arms about e-cigarettes due to the potential loss in revenue. And the government in turn stand to lose a whole lot if tobacco smokers change over to e-cigarettes, so are siding with the tobacco industry. Recently, US customs stopped a large shipment of e-cigarette devices and liquid from entering the US from the UK. This went to the high court and eventually the shipment was allowed in. A massive win as that sets the precedent now.

jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 am

Thanks, good info here...

I won't comment on the pros/cons of smoking (tobacco) but I'll look forward to the promised increase of my well-being, smell, taste and general fitness condition.

I didn't know you had to keep the bottles refrigerated though!? :? Is this really necessary? Can be a problem if you traveling for instance...

Thanks and more input is welcomed - including more recommendations on which liquids to try out.

-j

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:46 am

How do I control it with Live? :mrgreen:

trevox

Post by trevox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 am

You don't have to keep it refrigerated. At least I haven't for the past year!

jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:02 pm

doghouse wrote:How do I control it with Live? :mrgreen:
I'm sure a max4live patch exists! :lol:

And good to know the fluids can last outside my fridge...

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:17 pm

In my experience it is a serious commitment, a lot experimenting, and nowhere near the real thing.

IMO if you want to quit smoking then you need to just quit. Period. No substitutes. It’s like trying to stop chronically masturbating by having your hand limply shoved down your pants 24/7.

trevox

Post by trevox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:31 pm

beats me wrote:In my experience it is a serious commitment, a lot experimenting, and nowhere near the real thing.

IMO if you want to quit smoking then you need to just quit. Period. No substitutes. It’s like trying to stop chronically masturbating by having your hand limply shoved down your pants 24/7.
I have reduced the amount of toxins I am intaking from 4000 to 1. I have not smoked a cigarette in over a year. It is close enough to the real thing that I do not smoke any more. I am still highly addicted to nicotine, but my health has improved immeasurably. Is this not progress?

Some people have the will power to just quit, but I have been unable to quit for 20 years. Fine if you consider that pathetic - it is. But I can bet you a lot of people are in the same boat. There is no doubt that e-cigarettes are a lot less detrimental to your health than smoking. That is why I use them. I wouldn't preach to begin using one - I am just relaying my experience in using them which is positive. I don't understand why you felt the need to post here.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:32 pm

"The best way to not smoke is to not smoke"

- Me