Avi, mpeg, or mov support.....I know....I know

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
ditroiamusic

Avi, mpeg, or mov support.....I know....I know

Post by ditroiamusic » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:24 am

I know it would change the whole purpose of Live, but I do everything else in Live now and I would love to stay in the one program for everything. I score to video in Acid 4 now and I don't think I would even still use Acid if Live could do video. I'm on a PC so the quicktime thing that's out there won't work for me.

Livewire

Post by Livewire » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:49 am

yea ive thought about this, but dont build it into Live. ableton u have to make a whole new program for this. a complete real-time video editing suite.that would be so awesome, especially since the VJs are coming out. and this program should be geared torward live performances, just like Live. but this is just a dream of mine.
: XP Pro Sp2 : 3.2GHz : 1GB RAM : Dell 8400 :
Live:Mawzer:Lemur:X-Station 25:I wish

ditroiamusic

Post by ditroiamusic » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:29 pm

I would love to see them make something like Sony Vegas. They would blow it away. By the way, where is that photo on your post taken from? That's a hell of a crowd.

Livewire

Post by Livewire » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:59 pm

no, i think they should compete with programs such as adobe premiere pro and final cut pro, but as i said before, it should be made more for live performances.

the pic i have is Sensation, the largest indoor dance party in the world. its coming in 3 days and theyre gona broadcast it live all over the world on the internet. its at the amsterdam arena. there are two editions of sensation: white and black. the next one is the white edition so every single person is going to wear white. you have to see it to believe it. the music they play is trance. its really amazing. right now im listening to last years show and its the greatest music i have ever heard. of course they all use turntables and records, but i believe one day there will be DJ there that will use Live. that would be awesome.
: XP Pro Sp2 : 3.2GHz : 1GB RAM : Dell 8400 :
Live:Mawzer:Lemur:X-Station 25:I wish

louZ

Post by louZ » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:13 am

IMO this is not what Live should focuss on. There's enough improvements needed in the audio spectrum alone.

audiojet

Post by audiojet » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:39 pm

I don't understand why anyone would be fully against video support in Live. People can express their opinion and say they wouldn't make use of it, but the argument that adding a video sync feature will ruin the program or take it in the wrong direction is ridiculous. It's a option that doesn't have to be used if the user doen't need it. There are ways it can be done that won't interfere with users who just want straight audio features. It's as silly as me saying I don't want any "compressor" plugins featured in Live because it will ruin the program and I will never use it. I think eventually Ableton will have to think about this to stay competitive but until then composers will have to use other sync ideas or other programs all togther.

* For PC composers who are looking for a way to sync video to Live without losing the ability to use VST plugins and Instrument in Live...

Go here...

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ight=video

amo

Post by amo » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:08 pm

Hi,

I developped a small plug for those who don't own FL studio. Pc only until very soon (in a day it should be both platforms...)
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32455

Cheers,
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2