oxygen sustain pedal for multiple loopers

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mrtunes

oxygen sustain pedal for multiple loopers

Post by mrtunes » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:34 pm

i want to use the sustain pedal to activate the looper for what ever track is selected.

also there are 9 buttons underneath the 9 faders(c18-c26), they don't seem to assign for some reason.

mrtunes

Re: oxygen sustain pedal for multiple loopers

Post by mrtunes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:08 pm

the buttons weren't working because on some presets they won't be assignable. i fixed that but still looking for an answer on the pedal input if anyone knows.

mrtunes

Post by mrtunes » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:13 pm

hi there, i still need help with this. i want to have loopers on about four tracks. the record button is mapped to a footswitch. then it will only activate on the track that is selected.

i have one workaround for this, which is to use the footswitch with my apc40 to control clips, but i like the overdubbing in the looper effect better.

now is it possible to add a section to midi remote scripts for looper?

Code: Select all

[TransportControls]
# The transport buttons are also expected not to be toggles.
StopButton: 116
PlayButton: 117
RecButton: -1
LoopButton: -1
RwdButton: -1
FfwdButton: -1

thatMcFlyGuy

Post by thatMcFlyGuy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:51 pm

My impression is, with the user remote scripts, you're stuck with what they gave you.

You could put your looper in a rack, and map the CC's (or notes or whatever) from your foot switch to the 'device encoders' in the script. That should get you what you want (if I'm following you, that is).

mrtunes

Post by mrtunes » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:06 pm

thatMcFlyGuy wrote:My impression is, with the user remote scripts, you're stuck with what they gave you.

You could put your looper in a rack, and map the CC's (or notes or whatever) from your foot switch to the 'device encoders' in the script. That should get you what you want (if I'm following you, that is).
Hello! Yes I tried the rack, shoulve included that info. It looks like the big record button on looped can't be green mapped, just blue which is global.

Dragonbreath

Post by Dragonbreath » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:11 am

The blue hand!

The blue hand attaches to whatever device you click on
for the looper device the first marco is the multifunction button.
So if you have software editor to change the cc of the pedal to the same as the cc for marco 1 (from the blue hand)

Then it would work
You just click on the device to change looper. Make it easier mapping that to buttons on the oxygen or something

Hope it helps