www.Cloudkillers.com : Soundcloud Promotion / Networking

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Guff Tong

www.Cloudkillers.com : Soundcloud Promotion / Networking

Post by Guff Tong » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:13 pm

A friend of mine has launched a new website designed to get your tunes heard.

http://www.cloudkillers.com/register.php?aff=728

Not my gig so I won't bore you with the details though it looks quite promising even at this early stage.

Have a butchers if you will...

W.

Guff Tong

Re: www.Cloudkillers.com : Soundcloud Promotion / Networking

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:50 am

Quick Update -

Been using the Version 2 site of Cloudkillers for a couple of days on and off, seems to work really well,...... Have commented on other random users tracks and had comments back, most are real, constructive comments from fellow producers though you do get the occasional 'nice' comment as a filler.

If you have any bugs, problems or questions (as I did) the Facebook group is live and always manned.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/cloudkillers/

Can see this developing into something really usefull.

w.

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:28 pm

yo guff,
I checked the link but am totally confused. What does this do that Soundcloud doesn't?
-h
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:23 pm

That's a damn good question doc!

I wouldn't like to sell it short, if you understand, so I'll leave that to the guys at Cloudkillers.....

I'm sure a post will magically appear soon...

w

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:29 pm

docprosper wrote:yo guff,
I checked the link but am totally confused. What does this do that Soundcloud doesn't?
-h
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Another question is why not just make a group w/in soundcloud for those that want to comment and promote that?
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

Neurojazz

Post by Neurojazz » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 pm

Heya, let me explain fully how the current system works and where the site is going (in brief)

Basically you comment to get comments - how is this different from SoundCloud? - well in SoundCloud people can skip past you or ignore that you bothered making effort commenting. We've fixed it so that you MUST comment to get points (and this applies to others listening to your music. There are many other little incentives to get points to speed up the process of getting your blue bar rammed and some feel good factor back in your production flow. One if an affiliate system that rewards you for getting people to the site (more people means quicker turnaround on the comments - it takes about a week to get your track so no more comments can be added easily)

This system works fine, lots of happy people.

What comes next is that we are building a portal to labels, radio, dj pools and any other service in the industry you care to imagine in a simple way for pro users to access. We have masses of contacts and aim to keep it clean and free of piracy orientated businesses (like mastering for 15$)

Also a tiered system for the users to sell themselves for points or cash - dependent on their portfolio - so you could offer 10 quality production tips for 100 points - or if you are a professional, you can charge $$ or points - we assess the quality and assign the level of service.

In a nutshell, soundclouders will be able to have access to serious services and some novel new methods for the industry that is failing the lower end of the musicians around these days - those who are frantically spamming, begging and crying out for some way to get 'out there'. Everything will be here and we'll make sure there are pathways for the have's and 'have nots' so not to exclude talent that has no money to back themselves.

Like the current labels system we are designing. Biggest problem with labels internally? TIME. So we are designing a system for them to 'fire and forget' projects and pay scouts in 'points' for referring quality tracks to them. No more direct access (so you can't send your music direct) as they just get spammed and their time wasted) - the scouts get rich rewards for getting their recommendations right - and we interview the scouts to make sure they are not fools.

Big plans, making it happen,

Love Matt - Binary Finary,
http://www.cloudkillers.com - Free SoundCloud promotions!

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:23 am

Cheers for that Matt! I'd have prolly said 'fuck' or something and totally blown it for ye:/

Consumer Up-date- Started using the site properly a couple of days back and have had more full plays and constructive comments than I've ever had. So even at this top level it all seems to be working very well. Once the whole networking, label etc.. kicks off I can see it being huge!!

(Makes the 'Link To Your Music' section on here look a bit lame in comparison!).

Try it out; Nothing to loose eh?

w.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:41 am

Neurojazz wrote: Love Matt - Binary Finary,

As in 1998 Binary Finary??
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

amigo

Post by amigo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:28 pm

ollyb303 wrote:
Neurojazz wrote: Love Matt - Binary Finary,

As in 1998 Binary Finary??
I was wondering that too. A real life ledgend in our midst. :-)

Neurojazz

Post by Neurojazz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Yeah ;) 98 ;)

Now unifying musicians inspired from 90's Trance ;)

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Neurojazz wrote:Yeah ;) 98 ;)

Fair play fella. Epic track, that was.

Signed up for your thing, seems cool, nice way to discover new music as well. Shame we can't filter on genre (in some ways) but I understand the difficulty there what with sc allowing free text entry for that field.

Are you using a public API, or you got deal with the cloud boys?
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

1nfinitezer0

Post by 1nfinitezer0 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:09 pm

hmmmm, sounds very interesting. i'll have to give it a whirl and report, thx

Neurojazz

Post by Neurojazz » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:50 am

ollyb303 wrote:
Neurojazz wrote:Yeah ;) 98 ;)

Fair play fella. Epic track, that was.

Signed up for your thing, seems cool, nice way to discover new music as well. Shame we can't filter on genre (in some ways) but I understand the difficulty there what with sc allowing free text entry for that field.

Are you using a public API, or you got deal with the cloud boys?
We connect to SC with a public API, they are aware of the project, but not involved in backend or anything - will invite them all in (if they want to come lol) once the main site is operational and fully featured :)

Neurojazz

Post by Neurojazz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:33 am

scutheotaku wrote:Website doesn't appear to be working?
Our servers went down, but back up now - very sorry about that!

condra

Post by condra » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:42 pm

So now musicians have to turn into flashmob spammers to get noticed... by other musicians, who don't give a shit about other musicians?

It reminds me of the "link farms" of yesteryear before Google smacked them down, or the internet marketer who tries to make money selling PDFs about ... how to make money.

Eventually Soundcloud will get wise to this and change the game, and the arms race will continue, all at the expense of the end user.
Call it "networking" all you want, but let's face it, you're knee deep in the business of SPAM.